Defile looks awful and covers the swirlies and other ground spells

^ this. Blizz do something

1 Like

Yup this definitely needs attention, I posted about it last month as well.

Iā€™d like glyph to recolour DnD, would also help not confusing each others DnDs whilst in raid group hah!

Defile just needs to get a full visual update. I donā€™t know if thereā€™s some sort of internal priority order for floor effects, but surely enemy effects should appear above ours.

Iā€™ve also noticed that even with spell density maxed out, other players in my group or raid canā€™t see defile, whereas they can see regular DnD. This can be quite frustrating in M+ when the tank keeps kitting away from it.

1 Like

Last month? it was posted in beta lol

hah Iā€™m sure, I guess back then this ability wasnā€™t relevant because it was paired up with unholy pact, so it was a dead talent to be ignored.

1 Like

would be so cool to get this in the upcoming patch if unholy and defile will remain the go to picks for DK

1 Like

But surely one of the many on the DK team would have noticed it? Or one of the hundreds of internal qa they could easily afford to employ.

If either ever played their own game, of course :frowning:

Iā€™d say I die once a dungeon to a mechanic hidden by defile :raised_hands:

1 Like

Good news! sarcasm The new dungeons have so many swirlies that canā€™t been clearly seen that we will have a total nightmare as UH. Will probably switch to Frost tbh.

1 Like

You mean how puzzle box is is still bis? Perfectly balanced.

So in halls of inf m+4 and uldum legacy +6 yesterday, some ground effects rendered on top of defile, many didnā€™t.

If this is some sort of half-arsed fix, im not sure its an improvement :frowning:

so far neltharus was my worst experience since every boss has spots or swirlies

1 Like

I just try look for slightly different shades :roll_eyes: mini game!

1 Like

Hello!

Totally agree. Blizzard needs to have a look into this.

Last night I died twice and received tons of damage of AoE abilities while in a Freehold 16, because they were totally covered by my defile. It is like the ā€œz-indexā€ of the texture was set to 999 :stuck_out_tongue:

Please, fix it. Right now it is really hard to see anythingā€¦

2 Likes

I made a thread about this also, it is very unplayable, Neltharus and Freehold are very bad experiences right now

3 Likes

Hello fellow defile unenjoyers. Just here to bump.

2 Likes

Blizzard do something, M+ are currently unplayable because of Defile being mandatory in most builds and z-index is so broken

2 Likes

I just switched to Frost. I find it a bit disappointing that something simple as this gets so little recognition from their side.

1 Like

Blizzard, please fix your really bad design failure with this must-use-but-if-u-use-it-will-kill-u spell!
Is it any process to validate your development before it is going to live?
Does any tester a single m+ test run with this spell?
To change an original DnD spell from red to purple or something would be an easy and fast solution.
Seems many ppl complaining about it in may forum topics, and u fully ignore this. Really sad.
Please take this post as a customer feedback, a negative oneā€¦

2 Likes

Actually impressed that this is the most popular post on the EU DK forum.

Just looking for excuses to bump really.

Suffer well.

1 Like

Started playing D4 as a Necromancer and guess what? Blighted Corpse Explosion has the same issue and will be addressed only in a future patch. So much delight I saw in the last week playing D4, some bugs and design flaws are actually inexcusable, but I do not want to talk trash about the testers. I am 99.9% sure that these are actually logged as issues but there is pressure from higher ups to skip these as unimportant and rush the games and patches.