Delve broken, why make everything in wow so sweaty?

Everything in wow is (was) easy, stupidly easy. Getting killed is/was almost impossible…

Until now, luckily. Things are supposed to be challenging, not faceroll.

Which is what Delves are for. There are far too many people who have seemed to forgotten that and are now treating delves like a mythic.

1 Like

I can show you 3 videos from today of me playing my 587 prot warrior soloing T8 delves :smiley:

Should be no problems to offer us solo raids and m+ too then, yes?

Nononono, you cannot do that, it works in one way only! :grinning:

Yeah the good 'ol double standards :ok_hand:

How do you kill anubvir?

Hotfixes inc.

Delves

• Addressed scaling issues causing enemies in Delves to deal more damage than intended, especially for groups and tanks.
    • Developers’ notes: Over the last day, we’ve sought to address the unintended circumstance where certain group compositions made the health of enemies lower than they would be if you went into a Delve by yourself. We also tried moving some of the harder affixes from first appearing in Tier 9 and above into Tier 8. The results were not what we hoped for. We’ve now brought enemy damage back down closer to our targets, the most-difficult affixes have been sent back to Tier 9, and scaling adjustments should make group and solo play less lethal.

we did it boys

You’re really asking that?
Really?!

i aint touching delves, after seeing the outcry about them with how hard it is

i cba with that, like others have mentioned… it was supposed to be solo content

1 Like

I’m complaining, because as you said, next week, M+ will be out and 46% of the players or whatever it is, will go off and do that.

Which will leave those of us that don’t do M+ with broken Delves and a very diminished voice on the forums. We’ll be forgotten, Delves will remain broken because the more hardcore players said the new tuning was fine, then ran off to M+ and left us casuals with nothing.

1 Like

Why not?

There are tons of other Games.
I like WoW. But endless grind is a thing older Gamers did when they where younger. Today i want to play some other Games too.

So gearing up really fast would be nice. There is no fun to wait 2 weeks to craft a setitem or having those capped currency…

Let people decide how much time an effort they wanna focus on this game.
But wow does this the other way around. It tells YOU how much you can get… A game should never be designed like that.

Let the sweatys farm there gear. They put alot of time in it. Getting only ONE item every week is just a timewaste. Only reason for this system is, that your longer engaged and your abo runs longer…

Thats what Blizzard wants… Sorry if there are some players who want something diffrent. Like i said. WoW isnt the only great game. So it shouldnt be designed that way. Sadly it is.

1 Like

That is not how blizzard works here. Let me show you an example :

The look at data and reach a conclusion on their own. You don’t have access to that data, neither do the hard-core players.

Whatever you post here, is irrelevant. So what “hard core players” say is irrelevant to blizzard’s eyes.

No. They will balance tune things. The same way they do with Raids and M+.

Or do you think M+ will be all roses and rainbows with out bosses that 1-shot people, or mechanics that are absolutely don’t match the difficulty of the key ?

Well of course there will be balancing issues… ! :smiley: Its impossible to do new features perfect from the very beginning.

The only difference with Delves is that with M+ they have decades of experience. Unlike with Delves. Be realistic here.

And I will finish this discussion by saying the following …

You confuse “hard core” as in “time spent in the game” with simple skill. You can play little, and play unorganized group content and still have skills.

And skill is something you learn, not something that falls from the sky. Problem is that you need challenging content to grow that skill, which until this expansion was exclusively organized group content.

Delves give you a chance to improve on that. And I hope you enjoy that journey and become a “hard core” player yourself (as you define it, not what it actually means).

So TLDR its not “hard core” players saying its easy. Its people with more skill than you that say that. And not all of them will go do M+. Some will, some wont.

If it’s a elite that spawns in delve i suggest you to try and skip if it’s possible
I have the same problem with velo and tala and the elite with a crab that deals a lot of DMG with poison DOT
Tala and velo i did skiped the 100% of time cause even if you are playing prot they gonna eat you
I had zekvir spawning but i didn’t fight any anubvir
But even if i did i did the same go for objective and then die and just run
Cause in my opinion some of the elites are time waaste :smiley:

and after the hotfix Solo is Easily doable tbh, did a T8 with my resto shammy eazy i mean

Its not about skill, its about the type of content and pace of experience. I’ve been playing MMOs for three decades, I’m long past the point of wanting to push progression content and constantly be up against a challenge, which is why I don’t do M+ or Mythic Raids.

I’m also well aware of how Blizzard works, I played at launch, I’ve played the last three expansions on release, I played classic on release. They aren’t some pariahs of excellence and frequently made terrible decisions. Or did you miss the whole Metzen return and apologies for not listening to their players enough and how things will be different going forward?

Your faith in Blizzard is misplaced, but time will tell, we’ll see if Delves get fixed next week or not.

1 Like

Well… so far in DF and WW they seem to be listening a bit. What they did in the past dosent affect what they do now.

Either way, I judge Blizzard for what they say. They said Delves are created specifically for people like you, that don’t want to partake in organized group content.

So I would be very surprised if they don’t tune it appropriately for that.

As for the difficulty, I personally believe that whatever game mode you do you need a range of difficulties where everyone can find a comfy spot to play in, and still have some goal to strive for.

And I think Delves are on route to being that. Easy levels for some, harder levels for others… and Delve 11 will remain up there as the “CE” of Delving. As in Raiding and M+, where not everyone has to get CE / 0.1% to feel fulfilled.

Well, this isn’t just about you. People wanted solo content that provides gradual, endgame level gear progression and said:
“we don’t mind challenging content, we’re not bad players, we just prefer a solo playstyle.”
At the same time most people who seek challenges dislike grinding braindead content for endgame power, so delves are a perfect compromise.
Do I think it’s insanely epic content for me? No. But I don’t mind running them right now since it’s faster and way more entertaining that a lame korthea farm that lasts months.

A progressive challenge is fine, that is why they have tiers and the rewards scale accordingly. But right now they aren’t balanced, they are for some classes, too hard and the health and damaging scaling is definitely off with groups.

There are several reasons why they are a problem, many of the attacks hit very hard, 50%+ health if you get hit, there are a few one shot mechanics in there too, but not all classes have reliable ways to interupt those attacks, and many classes can’t do it with the frequency to consistently avoid that damage. Brann is also very broken compared to a couple of days ago.

And this is when doing these tiers in ilvl appropriate gear, never mind being under-geared.

You can have challenge, but it should be when you’re pushing above what you have, not doing at-ilvl content.

Tier 8 in ilvl 600 gear should be interesting content that requires me to utilise the toolset of my class and the leverage the experience I have playing it, but shouldn’t be frustrating or (for some classes) near impossible. Tier 9 on ilvl 600 gear, should require that and an additional level of skill or luck to push through a difficult challenge.

Right now, that progression isn’t really there and they need to do more work to get it right. I’ve also maintained that Tiers 1 to 6 are too easy, and there is a significant jump in difficulty to Tier 7, which they need to smooth out by making the earlier tiers harder.

It isn’t about whether content is easy or hard, there is always going to be easy and hard, its about at what point does content flip from being hard to being easy. There is room for Delves to have Mythic difficulty content, I don’t think it’s Tier 8 though, the rewards simply don’t justify that level of difficulty.

1 Like