Demon Hunter deserves some love

I know everybody seems to hate this class no matter what with complete bias. But I am listing some quality of life changes for the class because I play it and I care, since representation just keeps going down no matter what.

I’m a PVP DH main but I think even the PVE DH players will agree with most of these.

So. Our class received over 50 nerfs since DF beta. Over twice more than any other class.

We only have 1 DPS spec. If it has problems they need to be addressed with priority, because we cannot reroll to another spec, like warlocks, mages or rogues can with ease.

Problem #1: Chaos strike / Annihilation does ZERO damage. It is a borderline worthless global for all types of content, worse than a filler. Overpower is a Warrior filler, ive seen it crit players for over 90k. Blade of Justice is a Ret filler, hits people for 70k. Chaos strike hits for like 20k without meta and like 40k max in Metamorphosis.

Problem(s) #2: Chaotic Transformation and Looks can kill talents. Meta reseting your Eye Beam / Blade dance and Eye beam being guaranteed crits have nearly always been baseline things for Havoc DH. Literally cant spec these quality of life talents in a PvP build ever, and it feels bad.

Problem(s) #3: Netherwalk talent placement change literally robs you of a talent point because the talent is needed 98% of the time in PvP. The other problem is Blur cooldown is up 17 seconds from Shadowlands (was 43 with max conduit) to 1 min now while classes like Warrior got their offensive cds like Warbreaker more often. Please reduce blur CD by at least 10-15 seconds and make Netherwalk in a more accesible part of the talent tree.

Problem #4 (PvP only): We are literally getting abused by CC, especially roots. It feels miserable to sit in a 7 second Steel trap and being completely unable to do anything about it. EVERY other melee in the game has a specific ROOT removing talent. Please provide a PVP talent that removes roots of any kind, like Tiger’s lust (without any movement speed or anything). Reverse magic DOES NOT count, because its a higher value talent that should be used for removing important CC from healers like Polymorph or Freezing trap.

Last but DEFINITELY not least: Demonic talent that provides you with 6s of Meta after Eye beam is picked up by pretty much EVERY DH in pretty much EVERY type of content. Meta cooldown being 3 minutes is WAY too long for how mediocre the “burst self buff” cd is compared to things like Avatar and Avenging Wrath which have half the cooldown.

Please reduce the cooldown of meta to 2 minutes. The damage is not unhealable or broken, and most of the time for example arena games do not last long enough till 2nd Meta.

Please Blizzard.

8 Likes

My raid group had to PuG DHs (for the 5% damage buff) lately because so few people enjoy playing them at the moment. I mained one in BfA and leveled him up to 70 in Dragonflight, but I can’t stand Havoc at the moment. There’s so much annoying min-maxing you need to do now (e.g. Momentum), and their opener sequence is longer and more complicated than a NASA launch procedure. They went from 3 button spec to one of the most complex classes. :frowning:

4 Likes

Existing for a 5% dmg buff in Pve and being completely outclassed in PvP is not a good spot for a 1 dps spec class…

1 Like

dhs and evokers should be deleted from game. absorbed by warlocks and used as pets/demons

2 Likes

I don’t, because my best game fren mains one (if she’s on, that is…).

No idea if that’s good or bad really. But, only because I’m doing such numbers with ilvl 370-80 alts. If you get to cast it all the time, then it’s supposed to be weaker. And I guess these are non-crit numbers.

If it can aoe/cleave like Blade or Overpower can, it should be fine.

If you can’t tank it, the best idea is to kite while the debuff lasts, or answer with a CC of your own. DH’s are more mobile than a warrior I think :smile:

True that… or at least there should be a way to decrease the CD rotationally.

DH will be even more unplayable next patch, when you Reverse Magic for example Unstable Affliction, you’ll get hit for 150-200k, lol.

I don’t like its talent tree, you have to give up on more enjoyable gameplay for effectiveness. It is not in a bad state people play it at high level but we can’t say it is the most fun class to play.

2 Likes

1 Like

Rets shouldn’t be allowed armour as they believe the light will protect them and because they’re man children they only should be able to equip a rolling pin in the main hand

2 Likes

Yeah I enjoyed DH because it was simple, and I miss playing it. But the Dragonflight version is not for me sadly.

1 Like

also meta form looks ugly and needs a glyph

1 Like

Demon Hunter deserves some tranquilisers yeh…

Was thinking this today
Have something like Balance druids astral form
Stay in Elf form but just glow with fel. Much more than Immolation Aura

Also further customisation for meta or some different models would be nice. The current is like a discount budget version of Illidan

1 Like

Havoc Demon hunters are balanced around ONE SPEC CHOICE → SoulRend Spec, which is one of the more complex specs to play to perfection in Dragon Flight.
We have seen little to no changes to any other choice of specs for demonhunters.

Glaive Tempest spec, which is the closest spec we get to pre-DF should see some buffs.
a 5% Dmg increase to glaive tempest - Rework of our “ST” talent to become an aoe talent instead.

Vengeful Demon Hunters have not seen any changes so far.

Vengeful demonhunters with its current design, take a sh’t loads of dmg when pulling mobs, if FD isn’t up - this problem also occours when we are midpull and mobs need to be stunned, we again become paper.

Demon Spikes needs to be reworked to either last longer, have a shorter cd or have an extra charge → Since by default, we have gaps in our active mitigation where we cannot do anything which leads VDH to a choice of RNG or kite, if we decide to kite, we have to kite untill FD is back off of CD.

As Vengeance demonhunters doesn’t really bring any “support” to the group besides a silence sigil, reworking Soulmonger to splash it’s healing or absorb to be group wide would “When the DH is 100%+ hp and consumes a soul x amount of overhealing splashes to friendly target within 15 yards of the Demonhunter”.

Minor changes that would catapult demonhunters to be an attractive choice of tanks.

Currently, i’m playing a vengeance demonhunter and i can litterally not play the game due to metachasers not inviting anything besides warrior/protpal to any keys above +25.

Vengeance Demonhunters are fine for raids, as most raid bosses have two tanks and usually don’t deal tank dmg 24/7, but still not the attractive choice.

I’m one of those players who has been playing demon hunter since they came out and i currently feel forced to reroll to something else - yet withstanding the urge to do so.

I was watching streams the other day of the top 0.1% M+ Players queuing their groups for various +24-26 keys, 1/50 tank signups was a demonhunter - we are playing a class that lacks incentive to play, or to be played with.

I know this is never going to happen
But holy crap how cool it would be if they made an option for Metamorphosis to look like a Nathrezim. Look at the model of Nathrezim Banelord

Insane

edit: And while they’re at it… Glpyh for permament + bigger wings please.

Now, now. I disagree here. I think only Retributor and his fellows should do that. I am innocent, man.

Okay you can cover yourself in foil. But rolling pin only i’m afraid… you’re still a pink boi

Half of this statement is not true. Chaotic transformation was an azerite power from BfA. I agree on guaranteed crits, though.

There’s no reason why netherwalk couldn’t be in the class tree. Vengeance couldn’t use it on more than one target because of losing aggro, and an immunity on a long CD that can be used with taunt on a single target wouldn’t be unique for a tank. I’d also like to see fel eruption moved to the class tree where utility belongs.

I would rather see first of the Illidari reworked to be a competitive alternative to demonic. Maybe make the CDR from cycle of hatred reduce the CD of meta instead of eyebeam if you have first of the Illidari selected (would obviously need tuning to get the power level right, but meta is such a fun button to press and I’d love to be able to press it more often).

I still don’t get to this day why Paladins have pink class color.

Like wouldn’t have yellow fitted better?

Pink is the colour of blood, which we are ready to spill for the sake of our duty, and milk, which we use instead of water to take baths after depilation :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles:

Are you color blind?