Demon hunter slow in pvp

Hey guys!
Am i missing something, or do demon hunters have no slow effect at all? (Outside of vengeful retreats)

1 Like

Master of the Glaive talent - grants Throw Glaive an extra charge and gives it a 50% snare for 6 seconds.

Not that they need a slow with all the mobility they have.

3 Likes

Yea but we lose our single target stun then. Getting kited by a shaman around the pillar who is just running in ghost form is not fun, even with fel rush I cant catch em while getting snared by the endless earthbind toteM

Welp, the slow is there is you want it. You can’t have everything.

Also, Earthbind is on a 30 second CD, just one hit the totem, for my 445 shammy it only has 7k hp.

3 Likes

Demon Hunter’s pretty much do.

8 Likes

Imagine crying about demon hunter’s not having a slow

/facepalm

8 Likes

Yes we are easily kited, that is what other classes cannot underestand.
Many people cry about us being too mobile, simple etc. Yet those are the same people that simply stand at one place and caaaast.
They are not able to run and stun/slow/root you. How many balance druids, warlocks and priests are just simple standing target dummies.

But to your question. The counterplay is, as was already said, the slow talent “master of the glaive”. You will lose your single target stun, but sometimes it is worth it, because you can have 100% uptime on the slow.
The other thing is playing felblade/demon blades. Felblade is really nice gap closer and it will help you very well to chase those nasty druids or shamans. :wink:

Combine both and you will see, that you will have no trouble with chasing.
Also take “reverse magic” PVP talent to dispell yourself from slows and roots. It is really helpful

2 Likes

You can dispel thier spirit wolf though

I hope you realise that in a head to head race a Shaman or a Druid is going to always win the race. Now add in LoS, roots and slows, and I don’t know how you can make such a statement.

Windfury Monks have almost the same mobility as a DH while at the same time having a slow that turns into a root.

1 Like

Thanks Cpt Obvious. What point are you trying to make here? That all classes are different? That some have better/worse mobility or burst or CC?

This was simply about DH slows.

Yeah, but it’s an instant cast that costs no mana, so dispelling it doesn’t do a huge amount :frowning:, you just end up trading one of your GCDs for one of theirs.

Why do we have to in every thread regarding to PvP or question about PvP lead the discussion with salty mage, who somehow hates our class?

1 Like

Happy now? I’m on my DH. Swapping characters back and forth to post on different class threads is a chore.

If I hated the class, I wouldn’t actively play it. Though granted I will generally avoid PvP outside of brawls and the weekly 10/25 kill quests.

Swear I have to say this every time I post in a DH thread, that just because I post on my Mage doesn’t mean I only speak from a Mage’s perspective.

3 Likes

Thanks for showing us your DH. Now we can see that I was right.
Zero progress done at current expansion. No higher pushed dungeon than +10. No PvP ranking…
You just cannot underestand how good or bad DHs are.

2 Likes

“MAMAAAA I can’t catch a restosham…”
“Wait son, I’m calling dad and he will patch it!”

5 Likes

I mean, in the last 10 years no melee class has lacked a slow ( I think ).

Seems pretty weird that DHs don’t have one baseline.

And it seems pretty weird that DH has everything else nearly baseline o.O
I know that sounds stupid to you if everybody complains about your Mainclass, but think about it that it’s overtuned as hell and nobody likes to play against a DH and everybody hates this class.
(even DH hate it to play against DH)

3 Likes

Well I hate to play the game period in PvP despite being a DH, so maybe that’s an issue with the game, not one specific class.

Everyone says mobility but do people forget that Fury Warriors can’t be slowed and also get an AoE slow, charge and leap?

What about WW Monks? They have two dashes, their dragon dash, AoE stun, slow that on repeat roots.

Ur a DH, u can’t flame other classes for mobility…

1 Like

I’d rather have WW’s dashes and slows than what I have.

Such a stupid argument. You are a paladin, you can’t blame others for survivalbility.

I rather play against DH than against Paladin who heals himself twice to full HP before applying milions of bubbles and then bubble hearthing out of combat. = unkillable.
Holy paladins in arena are only healers who can’t get oom. And who literaly are not mana dependent as any other healer.
Who is more broken now?