Demonology spec bonuses

Acting like nether portal is an old talent, when it only got introduced in BFA.

I kinda liked it, I disliked having to move when everything is out. As someone who heavily m+ pushed on demo, having to move when everything is going is really really bad for demo, this is why I can’t agree with you.

If they changed it to per sec not per SS then I can get behind it, the problem is you’re setting quite a DPS variation with abilities like this.

Any movement is highly punished, meanwhile afking on the spot is highly rewarded.

Since raids and m+ are mostly running simulator ATM I don’t know why on Earth you’d want this back as is.

2 Likes

Because they looked good on their 2/9M progress fights.

voting for S2 since NP only place where u actually need to press some buttons

1 Like

We were playing a Warlock class before NP and Tyrant even existed as a talents, Demo needs demons, but also needs a sustained dmg, not having some stupid windows of ridiculous burst and than wait for another window. It is not a coincidence demo is this season a S or A+ tier class for every PVE content, it is because of the sustain we can finally have. And for your Role Play needs, you can always use your NP and Tyrant, feel free, just don’t ask to ruin our reliability we finally gained with S3 changes.

That’s a nice story, but swinging your /played “meat” is not boosting any of your authority here by any means. In fact we were playing a Warlock class long before NP and Tyrant even existed as a talents, Demo needs demons sure, but demo also needs a sustained dmg, not having some stupid windows of ridiculous burst and than wait for another window. It is not a coincidence demo is this season a S or A+ tier class for every PVE content, it is because of the sustain we can finally have. And sure, for your Role Play needs and fantasy, you can always use your NP and Tyrant, feel free, just don’t ask to ruin our reliability we finally gained with S3 changes.

Why’d I go and do a silly thing like that?
Warlock has not had NP for years and even when it did have NP it has been a joke of a talent more often than it’s been viable.

Amusingly the butchered version of demo we have in S3 is the best it’s played in years despite Blizzard doing their best to gut it. Reminds me a lot more of how demo used to play before it became some bizzare CD oriented spec.

Very well said. I agree with you as a strict Demo player from Wrath. We should flex that Annihilan as hard as we can. I wish it would be bigger and more useful then they made it to be tho. Would be a proper menace.

Blizzard said they would balance around the tiers that are chosen, I.e. they will make it so the tier works properly. Saying “that won’t work with current demo” is irrelevant if that is the case.

Other things were increased to compensate for the loss of Tyrant damage, who’s to say with minor balances and tweaks you won’t have a “double” Tyrant on 3m (PT does about the same dmg) and a decent CD every 1.5m with grimoire + tyrant. Reasonable sustain from the increased demonbolt + imp damage.

Ideally we would get SL S3/S4 demo, with 1m windows which were the absolute most fun the spec has ever been, min/maxing demons summoned before Tyrant summon.

The brain dead demo at the moment is trash.

1 Like

Except S1 and S2 DF where it was chosen 100% of the time on ST?

Oh behave. SL S3 and S4 demonology was fantastic with leggo effects, ST pure damage Tyrant/Wilfreds or aoe with haste from implosion.

? and? What does that have to do with what I’ve said?

Nah, we are learning that it seems the Warlocks have no idea what they want.

I have no idea why people are voting for this tab-targetting disgust.

I could perhaps understand it if the concern was “damage” but Blizzard said a balancing is going to be done on the chosen set bonus anyway. For example they can increase the instant HoG proc from demonbolts.

Anywho, like I’ve said, If I am Blizzard and people are voting for tab-targetting, I wouldn’t solve Dest’s immolate or Aff’s Agony tab-targetting issue.

Imo the issue is that we have no idea what this balancing will end up like, for all we know they slap 5% dmg on HoG and call it a day.

3 Likes

np best playstyle ever bro !

Not sure what you mean. I use mouseover macros for spells like EQ/FS. I don’t think its neccesary for spells like Demonbolt.

looking at your logs idek why u say that

even with the new set NP will not be as strong as it was in s2 unfortunately since they gutted our beloved pit daddy.

You know that S1 for destro is winning right? This is the demo vote and the set bonuses will be chosen separately. S2 for affliction wasn’t great anyways and you still had to reapply agony.

Right now Destro will receive S1, Affli S3 and Demo S3.

You don’t tab target with Demo S3. If you do you should know that it’s bad practice and selecting your target is better to get it on low HP mobs to force doomfiend procs.

You just want the AOE damage. The chance of doomfiend procs are significantly reduced in AOE.

Don’t you have anything better to do irl? Checking random people logs, really?
Kinda creep, aren’t ya?