Destro Locks are disgustingly broken

They indeed played very poorly… The fact that a Mage and a Holy Pala have no trinkets within the first minute and are still open field after having used their trinkets during Infernal and Dark Soul and Skyfury… Well… But still the damage… Unbelievable.

Before I make another comment on this or in the future, is there anything that can be said that will change your bias? High rating examples, numbers or anything of that sort doesn’t really seem to move you.

At the very least RMX has to setup their CC correctly before they can attempt a 100 to 0, this guy just pressed the same button twice and won the game on it.

Not really, if you cast 2 Greater Pyroblast off you can kill person without having to set up any CC. That’s unhealable.

Since we assume that we can let somebody free cast and ignore him while at the same time being in open and expecting to win otherwise the class that defeated you, which you ignored would be broken.

Also:

https://youtu.be/bCJndCyvpy4?t=370

Imagine if enemy tossed away trinket, didn’t have it for this and didn’t bother using cooldowns.
(Against Warlock, you can at least hide and he’s immobile to follow and his damage is hard cast).

The very first thing the guy in your video says is that he’ll CC the monk.

For the record, the discussion was unrelated to fire mages, and I don’t deny that they’re strong as well, but using mage+rogue burst as your example doesn’t prove your point about fire mages really.

9 seconds cast for 70% hp =/= 2 seconds cast for 260k+

2 Likes

I thought it would be obvious to anyone, even him.

2 Likes

Do you think Monk would’ve outheal that
without popping cooldowns?

For the record I was responding to a claim that they’ve had little time to react.

1. They didn’t. Infernal is a GCD. Dark Soul is a GCD. Chaos Bolts are casted. Infernal was long time out and they had enough time to all behind pillar. They could have used cooldowns, they didn’t use anything.
    They literally died to first cooldown with reaction time higher than 4 seconds (multiple GCDs, multiple Bolts) when at the same time they ignored Warlock and didn’t hide. Nor even switch on him and stun… nothing.

2. If it was different class and you’d fit same criteria (hang in open, ignore the class completely, enemy overlaps three coldowns while you use literally nothing) then you’d be dead too. In fact for most classes you’d be dead even if you fit only few of these criterias.

For Warlocks they have to fit every criteria. They played badly and they got punished for it.
There being Warlock doesn’t actually show anything about Warlock state.

You see people destroyed by Warlock in two seconds, therefore Warlock is broken, I see people completely ignoring Warlocks burst, not caring about anything, hanging out in open and letting him free cast and at the same time not using any cooldowns.
Honestly if they survived that, the game would’ve been even worse than it is. If I imagine that you find it bad that people didn’t survive this, then you kinda expect for somebody to survive literally every CD Warlock have + not hide + let him free cast. Tank trinkets were literally made because of people like you. Who expect to be AFK and win, because being afk and lose is “Warlock broken”.

1 Like

People catched in the middle of arena are suppose to be nuked down. In mop or even wod destros can two shot people yet there wasnt any issues with them in arena actually there were pretty weak(high affli). Op in bgs tho. But yeah they were often present in last tournament so i agree that they are strong and need tuning. But people be careful what you want because if they buff affliction i dont want to see tears here because you know you cant interupt instacast.

Just nerf defensives all of them because last tournament was boring af. I dont belive what im saying but im missing watching turbo againts rmx.

In MoP and WoD the ressource they spent to heal was the one used to cast Chaos Bolt so they couldn’t do both at the same time, while their current mastery and soul leech allow them to tank while being offensive.
Also I might be wrong but I don’t remember Warlocks having every DR in the game available at once in these expansions. These two reasons make it so they weren’t a problem in arena. High damage but bot high cc. High damage or high healing but not both.

2 Likes

True but people crying mainly because chaos bolts.

Yeah but that’s linked to the rest. They are super tanky and don’t need to spend resources on healing > they can try to cast Chaos Bolt whenever pressure or not. They have insane amount of cc on all dr schools > easier to cast when you double coil into shadowfury plus root the other melee and refear a guy > they cast Chaos Bolt.

At the end of the day people die, look at log and see Chaos Bolt.

1 Like

People “cry” because Destro is clearly broken and overpowered, and it’s not just because of Bolts. Their whole toolkit is insane when compared to any other class. Almost no one else has the sheer number of tools and options that Destros bring to the table.

3 Likes

Whats hilarious is infernals is one of the best defensives in the game. Make a set up with the lock free and he can infernal and if you dont bail you risk losing and its stupidly long.
But pvp sucks now so whatever

That is a clip that happened at sub 2k2 mmr. I dont think we can exclude the possibilities of the team that got rekt by those bolts to have failed quite thoroughly in that instance.

But yea the root on conflagrate could be changed to a slow. Though I hardly ever take that talent anyway cos I need reflect for maledict.

1 Like

Whisperer stop trying to defend warlocks for cryin out loud. There is no outplay to getting feared, bolted, coil, bolted while remaining in cc for the entire duration of 3 seconds before you’re dead. Now imagine that’s happening while you also have a fire mage casting gpy from 30yrds away or an ele lassoing. It’s simply unrealistic to just say “well make sure you always have trinket for dark soul.” Some comps actually need to trinket offensively during setups to land kills and can’t just brain afk like a turret center field for 12 minutes.

Destro warlocks are totally unbalanced from a 3v3 arena perspective. Either their toolkit needs to be pruned like wws was going from legion to bfa or every other class needs an insane amount of utility back to deal with them.

2 Likes

Not defending its strength enabled through other classes but you can’t be serious on this. If anything, destros toolkit already has suffered the most from the pruning compared to other specs.

Give us THIS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeqozTgesvk&ab_channel=HaeroTV utility back and revert all the bad design decisions they made over the years, and then we’re talking.

And to your other point… yes there is more counterplay to a CC with a cast time and a mortal coil with only 25 yd range than there is outplay FOR US against instant CCs that serve to interrupt every single important cast and people just playing strictly around pillars to negate our gos. Warlocks can’t deal with this at all. They need to have team mates that enable them… and that’s it. 3v3. It’s the only place where we shine.

M+? Forget it. 2v2? Still very strong but also among the most frustrating things you can play in arena, since there are a lot of counter combs that can absolutely make you useless the entire fight. BGs and openworld PvP? Noobstomper at best, but every single class can just run away from us. We can never truly play agressive and be the oppressor, no chance. It’s hard to catch most classes even WITH lightfoot potions, a 0.8s cast time Gateway due to 50% haste buffs in the open world… so yeah.

I agree, remove the stupid Chaos Bolt design and make our class smart to play and outplay again. Remove things like a root tied to a rotational ability, and give us a meaningful slow again.

You really think we have utility now? Have you ever played in previous expansions?

You really think our state of being tanky as **** but at the same time rooted to our spot on the map to turret anything down is engaging? Never thought about WHY our state is like this? Even worse, this always means that the warlock is the fool in this. Our agency has been gutted and taken away. Being a turret means you’re at the mercy of others, of your team composition more than ever but also at the enemy making crucial mistakes and playing into you. It goes both ways, but I’d argue strongly that it’s an overall even more frustrating experience for us than it is for anyone else, from a gameplay perspective.

Standalone, nothing feels more empty to play than destro right now compared to its pre Legion state.

Do anything… but PLEASE for the love of god stop the pruning already. It’s unbearable.

3 Likes

Then you won if you landed kill, didn’t you?

Well we’re working with premise that you didn’t LoS him before, you let him build up charges and then you get CCed and died?
Still missplay.

Or did you get coiled after he popped Infernal instantly? In that case it should be like 50k Chaos Bolt, that doesn’t kill you.

Do you even have any scenario in which it is okay for Warlock to win? Seems to me like no matter how many mistakes you make, Warlock still shouldn’t win at that point just because he’s Warlock… and it’d be broken if he won.

3 Likes

Okay whisper you are right, warlocks are fine and me and all of the multi r1s/tourney players on my btag are mistaken

I feel like the people working at blizz hq have a similar mental capacity and thought processes to whisperer which has lead this game into the pitiful state it’s currently in

8 Likes

whisperer IS blizzard

Okay tommy, you’re right and me and other warlocks among which is snutz, you know, the guy who won world championship, have no idea about warlocks state

I feel like the people working at blizz hq have a similar mental capacity and thought processes to tommie which has lead this game into the pitiful state it’s currently in

BTW you didn’t answer

And if I designed the game, Rogue would move slower in stealth, wouldn’t have subterfuge, Shaman would do decent healing and Warlock would have DC and Coil baseline… again… I never asked for Wlock’s tankiness, in fact I enjoyed when you cut your HP for fun stuff like Trinket or CC, that’s all gone… so no Blizz doesn’t really cator to me

obviously lock needs to do at least decent damage if he’s immobile, that’s kinda logic

2 Likes

Desto is very strong indeed but I feel that PvE geared platers are more cancerous. Maybe it’s because I’m ele I don’t know. I didn’t play meele since Legion.

4 Likes