Destro Locks are disgustingly broken

Yeah it’s weird, but it actually could be only crit related. I really need to test it in detail.

Okay. This is interesting… and I was wrong. RoS doesn’t half the damage of CB, it must’ve been some other effect where it happened, and since humans have faulty memory… oof.

https://gyazo.com/8655351b8a962868d4303a62fdeef9d5

Glad I re- tested this. RoS actually does nothing to CB damage.

Considering the tank issue, that I’m certain of, at least the crit damage of CB. It does the exact same damage to tanks as it does to open world mobs.

Also the recording is a bit fuzzy and you could argue that the hunter popped RoS a bit late/ at the end of the cast, but I’ve tested it a few times with him and RoS really doesn’t modify CB damage at all. (Apart from the 20% damage redirection to the pet ofc)

In my definition it is. Same means same name and effect.
Variables are irrelevant.

Let’s say you crit for 40k (100%) or hit for 40k (0% crit chance)…
well if hunter uses Roar of Sac (or similar mechanics of other classes) you can fail to crit him for like 25k or hit him regularly for 40k.

Not my definition of the word same.
Providing your definition of word and then claiming I am wrong because your definition of word doesn’t fit into what I am saying is stupid.

It is. Programmers, game designers etc. will tell you the same. That’s why there is changelog in wowhead… you know… how the spell changed. The variables change but it’s still the same spell.
If you get shot into your leg, you’re still you. Even though some attributes of you changed.

Good point, I assumed they count 10% chance as basically zero, so they balance it around not ever critting. But tbh from my POV that’s how Paladin works, as he’s busted when he crits, something that is hardly balanced.

That’s non-sequitur.

Therefore I was right, that it’s not true that TV is worse than Chaos Bolt. So I don’t know why you need to point it out without crediting me.

** immidiately starts comparing**

1 Like

Yeah he popped it too late, the -20% isn’t even there.

Hum, that’s an interesting way of recreating existing words. If I buy 10 agility potions and you buy one you’d say we bought the exact same thing just because both are agi pots ? Weird. I would be pretty sure we didn’t buy the same thing, I’d have bought a pack of 10 pots and you’d have bought one pot. The quantity counts in the definition. If I hit you with 100k envenom and you hit me with 7k envenom did we hit the both hit each other the same ? I think not. Variables, variables.

As Archi explained it seems Chaos Bolt is not affected by that. What’s more, there is no other mechanic like that in PvP (aaah well, maybe one brewmaster passive or smth…) while there are team utilities that increase crit damage. Therefore if you have the choice it’s better to have a guaranteed crit to get that bonus.

The philosophical shard of my soul would answer that if I ever get in so much trouble that I get shot and survive I’ll not be the same person. 100% guaranteed.

Well to be very honest a Paladin that connects doesn’t even need crits. That’s video material sure, but those 65k non crit for 25s are enough to destroy a lot of classes.

I can credit your humor, it’s actually excellent, I did not think so !

Nah, I did an obviously absurb comparison to point out that you can’t compare stuff that different and then draw conclusions about which one is the most busted. Comparison which you quoted only partially, I sadly did make the mistake of putting one tv advantage right next to one cb disavantage and you leaped at it, christ, calm down.

1 Like

Yeah, and I didnt want to bother him to get another clip haha.

Hate how clunky gyazo is for recording gifs… anyone knows an alternative?

ShareX maybe?

It’s not recreating words. It fits definition offered by google.

If they’re both called Agility Poitons and have same ID, yes.

We wouldn’t be hit the same way, obviously, but we would be hit by same spell.

Yet there are times when Chaos Bolt doesn’t crit.

Again, your philosophical definition. Also kinda absurd… every second some (and even more often) your body changes in some minor way (some attribute), which means you’re not the same person (according to you) as you were minute ago.
While this might sound cool and philosophically okay with you, it also means that A. Hitler didn’t do anything wrong and at the same time he did. Because Hitler as he existed wasn’t the same, yet he was still Adolf Hitler…
Therefore your logic leads to contradictions.

Kinda, but when he’s busted with noncrits, then clearly Blizzard really didn’t think about him being able to crit, which again, is my point.

Well, absurd comparison is comparison. If you can’t compare stuff, then you can’t make comparison.
Again you’re contradicting yourself. If you made comparison, then it’s comparable.

Im back after like half year breake and whisperer is still being feeded on useless offtopic shid like 100% crit vs 0% crit. Omg just ignore him pls. 60 % of this thread is about feeding.

Every caster seems retarded tbh. ele shamans who dont cast, rets who thanos snap. warlock turrets, mage having hp% pyros. thats just off the top of my head too.

This topic has totally derailed into an in depth discussion about chaos bolt and how crit affects it.

The core problem with warlock is that there is zero punishment for eating interrupts off cd with fear.

One of two sequences plays out for the entire game.
Cast fear -> Get kicked -> Free cast chaos bolt.
Cast fear -> don’t get kicked -> Chaos bolt the target while they’re feared

If nothing else comes from this thread, at least the warlock mains/defenders need to recognise and come to acceptance with how ludicrous that design is.

2 Likes

Well, if there is zero chance you can kite melees…
punishment of interrupt makes sense, if you gain something else, it doesn’t if you don’t

If you take class like Warr, you cannot kite it well, he deals damage to you, which you can’t really stop other than with CC and you’re dying. On the other hand, you’re complaining about Warlock, whose damage you can actually do something about and still it’s not enough for you.

Currently melees are by design so much more advantageous over casters. It used to be downside of RANGE vs downside of INTERRUPT, however the former doesn’t exist anymore, because melees have incredible uptime, and the latter is much more hindered than it used to be (many classes, not warlock, have instant damage spenders)

Funny. Stormbolt is instant cast, uninterruptable. Mortal Strike is instant cast uninterruptable. None of those can be interrupted.
Warlock, who actually can get interrupted on both tho, is in your opinion broken, because he’s not so garbage to allow you to actually kick literally everything without him having any chance to get anything off…

brings me back to my original point and question

2 Likes

And melees having no specific counter to them isn’t ludicrous from a design perspective?

Or why should auto attacks still exist for any melee other than arms warrior? It’s free damage for which you have to do absolutely nothing.

Why does cast time pushback still exist for non void elf races?

Imagine if every caster had a 2s disarm on a 15s CD with no DR… I kind of agree that it’s stupid to dodge kicks with spell schools, but on the other hand it’s extremely crippling not to be able to do that. Kicks aren’t the only thing that negate us, you know. Every stun, every incap, hell even just running through a caster can be enough to interrupt a cast, during which whole time absolutely NOTHING happens to you, it’s wasted seconds for the caster.

Melee used to have these advantages due to them having to be in melee range, and casters being ranged. Over time, Blizz designed the game in the direction as to give melee so many gap closers just so they could reach ONE SINGLE caster class, the mage, which ended up gimping everyone else. This then lead to the dumb design of turret casters that need to hardcast, or those that just don’t need to cast at all.

Yeah, thanks for nothing.

You can’t just argue for one side in a vacuum while completely ignoring your own advantages, which are frankly pretty absurd in themselves, just from a design perspecitve. I specifically exclude temporary class balance differences here.

2 Likes

Whisperer’s logic… I just can’t even fathom how delusional he must be to draw comparisons like that… Comparing mortal strike to chaos bolt… like what??

I think that’s the last time I bother reading one of his grumbly, filthily biased and quite frankly insane rants and just accept that you can’t educate stupid

8 Likes

The amount of warlocks coming to defend their over tanky turret class is incredible. When is it my turn for be to be able to stand in mid all game with 0 punish.

1 Like

Maybe when blizz decide to prune 90% of your toolkit?

2 Likes

exclude mc from havoc and make sf a talent, fixed

It’s always the same… someone comes to this forum and opens a thread complaining about a class (lock in this case), listing all the positive stuff and utility while intentionally leaving out the downsides (or simply not aware of them due to bias) and when some ambassador of the class jumps in like “dude, the grass isn’t all that gree for us either because of this and that and other stuff” people are like “LOL WARLOCK PLAYERS DEFENDING THEIR BROKEN CLASS”.

4 Likes

Please tell me when, I’m genuinly curious. If it indeed does crit on RoS I’d like to know on what it doesn’t in PvP. Please do not focus on the rest of my message before you’ve answered this, this is the only interesting wow related stuff I care about in this post. Show us the knowledge of the Whisperer who makes the rival bracket tremble in fear with his Chaos Bolt vs Mortal Strike/Templar’s Verdict deadly analysis allowing him to play at such a high level and then transcript his thoughts on forums.

Who exactly are you in life to give yourself the right to decide such things. Cool your head mah dude. Plus, it would be very stupid of you yo maintain that whatever your age today, you are the same person as when you were 5 yo, even though you retained the same identity. But hey, if you think you’re thr very same at least some stuff jusr explained itself !

Not really no. You should look up what reductio ad absurdum is. Very used in math, also used for other stuff. And unknown to you. But every day is a new opportunity to learn something.

https://imgur.com/a/3KTmePl

I have no idea why it didn’t crit tho. We were facing RMD if that helps.

Against RMD that’s weird. By any chance did you see the non crit in game or can it be an addon error? 'cause it’s still 64k.
I’d have had an idea against RMPala but RMD… Puzzled.

No i didn’t see it in the heat of the moment but i was thinking about an addon error myself. However 64k is not impossible during CDs as noncrit since my highest crit in the screenshot is 99k so 64k could be the noncrit value…

But i did see CB hitting for noncrit in the past. So it’s definately possible.