Devs talking about Tier Sets

From what i read …he understand tier sets pretty good
you projecting right now

You weren’t disagreeing, nah you were saying that their lack of communication is FINE.
And kept saying stuff like:

Really?
You clearly have no idea what the PTR is for. Did you even give feedback on the set bonuses for your class?

I see with each post that you’re more ignorant than i initially thought though.

I see you’re still complaining throughout the thread.
Maybe you should relax a bit?

:smiley: BFA was not bad because of removal of tier sets
and shadowlands is not bad because there are no tier sets
you are again lying about something you personally don’t know a thing
just stop it now

If you’re saying that their communication is lackluster and I’m saying that in this matter I think it’s enough then I don’t see how do you view it as not a disagreement? We’re literally having opposing opinions.

Protip for life: If someone not agreeing with you after you said your arguments then they’re not neccesarily ignorant.

Same as you. :slight_smile: Also it’s kinda funny that you’re accusing me of complaning, while in the first sentence of your post you wrote that I found no problem in their lack of communication (what you complained about). Also complaining is not neccesarily bad either, so I don’t see why is that an issue for you.

prolly worst looking warrior set too, cba to find picture, don’t ever wanna see it again!

So enough is having no communication in this case? Besides the day1, lmao?
And you don’t see why i don’t care of your opinion…

I’m talking about being ignorant to what issues plague the ret set.
Go and talk about your mage set.

Why do you keep complaining though? Are you really this upset that i don’t like how the devs are handling communication in this case?
Were you trained as a child to defend the higher authority?

Your posts doesn’t make sense tho. You said we’re not disagreeing yet you said things which directly opposes my opinion.

Why do you?

Again I stopped arguing with you about the original communication issue because clearly we don’t make any progress in that regard.

What I’m saying that you’re lack of respect and thinking that if someone disagrees with you then you can treat them in any way is sad.

Okay, i’m sorry how i acted, i was just letting off some steam as i was bored. Was having a little fun, sorry about the rudeness i showed. :smiley:

I still think that the devs can improve their communication though.

Have a nice night!

3 Likes

That’s a nice way to end this conversation, have a great night as well.

3 Likes

I don’t play League but I play DOTA 2. Things like WW Monk being that broken in every bracket wouldn’t last from 9.1 to 9.1.5. Destruction Warlocks would be fixed in BFA for sure. I don’t have coparison to Riot as I don’t play their games. I’m used to different standard.

I remember forums back in the days. MoP forums looked way better. Why? Because these devs at least had will to listen to feedback. MoP S12 was a disaster similar to Shadowlands. What happened? They turned it into Season 14-15 - two of the best in PvP history. Overall MoP was great. Throne of Thunder and Siege of Orgrimmar were very well received raids too. What’s more challenge modes were proto M+.

Yes they are. Even if they finally implement what people ask for there is always a catch.

• Raid players didn’t ask for their own chest. Players asked for chest removal. It’s Blizzard who gave chest to raiders and to PvP players in BFA. Nobody asked for it.
  • Yes but we asked about it in Legion however Devs thought they know better with Azerite power
  • PvP vendors - people want them already in BFA and by PvP vendors they didn’t mean 7 upgrades of honor and 8 upgrades of conquest gear. They meant PvP vendors with two sets of gear like in MoP and WoD what they clearly stated in their requestes on forums, reddit and twitter. As I said there is always catch.
  • As far as I remember people asked for any luck protection system like justice and valor in Cata/MoP but they got something else
  • No they didn’t try solo rated 3v3 brawl - it will be implemented in 9.2. So far it’s on PTR but there is not enough people to test it
  • Before expansion got released people asked not to lock legendary crafting behind Torghast and not to make Torghast a chore so I wouldn’t agree

Most of the specs still need to farm two sets of gear because they use different stats in both brackets. This argument is literally dead for 2 expansions and I don’t see the point of it. Not only people want different stats but also PvP gear scales up by 13 ilvl and is better than PvE gear unless you are mythic raider just started gearing but then again do you have bis stats?

And no it doesn’t increase entry barrier for players in PvP. Basically what it means that if your tier set is a huge performance boost it means you have to raid as PvP player to get set bonus faster. If there was PvP set like it was in the past (I stated the best solutions are in the past expansions) then you’d just gather honor set and have set bonus. Then you’d replace it with conquest set that still works as the same set with honor one (yes that’s how it worked in Wrath, Cata, MoP and WoD). How is this an increase of entry barrier? Playing PvP to PvP?

In my opinion you know something but not the details and in many cases you are wrong. Not sure if you were here when PvP was actually good (S7, S10, S14 and S15) but as I said the solutions to make PvP good are in the past. Just mimic them then you have more freedom in designing more creative, fun and powerful PvE items without worrying about PvE like it was in MoP and WoD.

If you don’t know what I mean:

MoP PvP gearing:

PvE items (legendary items even) scale down to the ilvl below honor gear. If you want to PvP you have to farm PvP gear. Getting Honor gear usually took 1 week. You had base resilience so you didn’t die right away and if you had gold you could buy crafted PvP set that was ok to farm Honor. There were two PvP sets that were improving certain aspects of the classes (usually it was utility) like range of certain spell. Global cooldown removal or for example CD of a spell. PvE sets were damage oriented. 1 win gave you 120 or 140 conquests (can’t remember) while base cap was 1650 conquests (enough for gloves or shoulders). If you had higher CR you got bigger cap next week and if you didn’t play PvP for a week you got extra 1000 cap for that week. So at the end everyone had the same gear but better players had it earlier = fair fight and even casuals could enjoy bgs.

WoD PvP gearing:

Instead of scaling PvE gear down PvP gear scaled up. Again legendary items didn’t work in PvP and PvP trinkets gave 10% more damage dealt and 10% less damage taken so nobody used broken PvE trinkets. PvE gear best ilvl was 725 while honor gear scaled up from 700 to 730 ilvl in PvP and conquest from 710 to 740. Again you could get honor gear in few days by farming bgs or Ashran and with honor gear you were already able to farm conquest gear in arenas. 1 win gave you 120 or 140 conquests (can’t remember) while base cap was 1650 conquests (enough for gloves or shoulders). If you had higher CR you got bigger cap next week and if you didn’t play PvP for a week you got extra 1000 cap for that week. So at the end everyone had the same gear but better players had it earlier = fair fight and even casuals could enjoy bgs.

Right now if you aren’t at least Rival or Duelist you can queue bgs but you will have low impact even in random BGs.

The whole PvP gearing situation I can sum up with:

• End of WoD - people complain about PvP being scripted due to classes being pruned (no complaints about gearing - Blizzard changes PvP gearing and gives us templates
  • End of Legion - people complain about templates because they liked customization with stats and they want vendors like in MoP/WoD - Blizzard changes gearing to random drops from weekly chest and at the end of arenas
  • End of BFA - people complain and want PvP vendors like in MoP/WoD - Blizzard adds vendor but also implements 7 Honor upgrades and 6 conquest ones

Basically we ask for one thing and get something else.

BFA and Shadowlands gear is bad. MoP had amazing Sets, Stats, Gems, Enchants and Reforging. Set design is part of gear design. Don’t tell me otherwise.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.