Devs talking about Tier Sets

Exactly. How hard would it be after 7 weeks to say either they are going to fix the bug OR that they are reworking the set, stay tuned?
It’s one freaking sentence. It’s that too much to ask for?

Bruh, what.

Probably best looking paladin set in the game.

He’s a DH? Didn’t look to me like he was talking about the paladin set bonuses at least.

Apparently it is too much to ask for.
According to players like Gerikee.

If Gerikee doesn’t want/need updates.
Then Gerikee can clearly shut up.

But Gerikee clearly likes to enable AS LITTLE COMMUNICATION AS POSSIBLE between the Devs and Players.

Great, one Set looking good out of 13.

You don’t even know the final set bonus.

Then what do you want? A random guy writing “Yes guys we’re working on the game atm” in every topic? Would that satisfy you?

I think you accidentally mistaken your posts as mine.

Arcane mage bonus was quite terrible at the start tho, like REALLY BAD. However it got reworked and because I didn’t stressed out on it life is still happy for me.

Then you want the exact same sentence for shaman set bonus, then X boss Y ability, then campaign quest giving zero reputation, then so on… It’s never one thing. Also if they don’t provide this magic sentence to your other favourite topic, then you’re freaking out immediately.

I know what the set bonuses are set to now.

There are a few options here.
They can say that 1. They’re working on a redesign of the set. 2. The set is as is and will be fixed in a future update.

It’s not much to ask for after 7 weeks, is it?
Don’t answer that, it clearly is to you.

Still complaining i see.

Ah so because it got reworked early it’s all fine now.
Yes man, when the roses are fresh they smell fine, not when they’re left for dead.

You’re clearly freaking out over our freaking out here, aren’t you?
Much hypocrite, such wow.

That’s quite a useless information piece you have there.

I mean if they would give you an answer, 1 hour later you’d open a different topic with a different issue and demand answers for that as well. If not you then others.

??? Really mate?

It’s all good because I don’t stress myself with unimportant issues which are out of my reach.

I think you have a hard time understanding other’s emotions.

That useless piece of information there was given by the developers.
Nice how you see its true value.

Ah the slippery slope bullcrapping is starting i see.

You’re still continuing to complain, when will it stop?

Then why are you replying to this thread, when you clearly have no issue with how the devs are doing their work or communicating?

Don’t start using words like “freak” out, or do you think you understand other’s emotions?
Like i said before

No. Hell no. Casuals log in for 1-3 hours max.

I think that current dev team just tries to change the game just for the sake of changing to leave their mark. There are plenty of solutions to the current problems in the past:

-PvP gearing - check MoP and WoD - done
-Flying in new zone - MoP, WoD, Legion - if I got flying Shadowlands why do I have to farm it again for Zereth’Mortis? Either give me flying or make it non-flying zone
-Set bonuses - just go back to everything before Legion try to mimic it

Literally most of post Legion decisions is the series of shoots into own leg by Blizzard.

The only thing they need is implement solutions from the past - rework them in the same fashion every patch/expansion and add extra optional content. Imagine Torghast being Mage Tower like solo challenge giving these sets we got from Mage Tower. Everyone would love it. Instead they create new things and lock them behind power curve so you have to do it. That’s why people hate Torghast or Island Expeditions. They are not necessarily bad it’s their purpose in the game makes them bad.

The only thing WoW devs need to do is make PvP and raiding/M+ easy to get in (not necessarily as hard as it is since only few % of people clear mythic) and add plenty of extra activities that are not power curve related but “time spenders” that are actually fun. The reason why people loved Mage Tower is simple. They played PvP or PvE and in downtime of playing their main content they could still enjoy their time in the game.

I wouldn’t go that far and blame it on casuals. Everyone was a casual at one point and there is definetely a place for them. They don’t do any harm to the game. The issue is devs addressing 5% of the community who are hardcore casuals not even touching real end game content and 5% of tryhards playing the game 10-12 hours a day (streamers and pros) instead of targetting the majority in between. What’s the point of making mythic raiding so hard if only few % of players clear it. Just get rid of both LFR and Mythic and stop community separation. Make Heroic just a little bit difficult and Normal a bit easier so these LFR players can join Normal guilds and clear the content too. For some reason casuals were able to clear Classic raids here they can’t get into Normal. Instead of Mythic diffiuculty create M+ version of raids where best players can just race in the clear time with no gear progression. A lot of people don’t even touch mythic because they don’t believe they will clear it.

And what PvP needs is make PvE gear not working in PvP. Make PvP gear 5x easier to get and hire few devs who actually play PvP and give them power to change values of spells in PvP so they can balance it without affecting PvE. This way you can have fun and competitive PvP while having more freedom in designing fun trinkets and legendary items like in old WoW. Legendaries like Thunderfury or Shadowmourne felt 10x more epic than legendary item everyone has right now.

I mean this isn’t going anywhere let’s agree to disagree.

Ofc, you can keep your opinions on how much communication the devs should do, to yourself.

2 Likes

The purpose of forums is to express your opinion. Don’t be toxic just because you don’t agree with him.

To be honest I think he has the point because WoW devs are some of the worst in communication with players. They are also primadonnas treating every criticism as hate.

If players are ignored for years no wonders they are getting frustrated. It’s not the first time Devs response doesn’t make sense and is just an excuse for poor execution of thing.

They could make PvE and PvP set and there will be 2x less complaining. For some reason they are giving us constant reasons to complain. This is an endless cycle. 9.1 release - people leave - they do what community wants. Then they release 9.2 and do the same thing as in 9.1 thinking they were right they just executed it poorly. Nah people just want another 9.1.5 not another 9.1.

Are they tho? Played League for quite a while around S3-S5 and while they shared the patch notes they rarely shared the champions that they’re reworking and such for example. Also I don’t remember too much communication (less than this) on their own forums.

I mean just check out this forum, I wouldn’t want to communicate with players like that either. People tend to ignore every positive thing, focusing only on the negatives and hyperboling every issue. Ex.: Just in the recent weeks around five tier sets got reworked people still saying Blizzard ignoring every feedback.

Are they tho? Blizzard wants to minimise costs => only develop things which are needed or bring money. So every development that was done in the past 18 years was because of player feedback or because it broght more money (like the store).

Most of the people who voice their opinions are the ones that are not happy. If you’re enjoying the expansion, you’re playing it. There is a reason why the running joke on reddit that all r/wow users are old burnt out players who didn’t played in the recent years.

Also just to name a few of these improvements so I’m not talking in the air.

• Raid players asked for their own weekly chest, and every other player complained about the inconsistency. GW is a clear step in that direction.
  • No endless grind like AK or AP this time.
  • PvP vendors
  • Valor upgrade for m+ items
  • They even tried a Solo Rated 3v3 style brawl for obvious reasons
  • More weekly chores and less daily chores (like Torghast, Covenant quest, etc)

And so on…

Would be? There are complaints that you need to have two separate gears and you’re at a disadvantage if you use pve gear in pvp. Pvp only set would just make this issue worse. (Also it would increase the entry barrier for players in pvp)

Is it? I think it’s more like 9.1 make group “A” happy, 9.1.5 they make group “b” happy and so on… Lots of the catchup mechanics that got usually implemented in .5 patches, would make no sense in a .0 patch. While those changes makes having alts easier, invalidates most of the progress.

Well I agree with you, but guess what. I have no obligation to treat Gerikee to the same kind of standard, because clearly he thinks that the Devs shouldn’t be criticized for their way of interacting, or in this case NOT-interacting with the players feedback.

So if he doesn’t want me to express my opinion of that, why the flask would i want Gerikee to express his opinion?

The answer is that i don’t, so that’s why i’ve said that to him.

So if someone disagrees with you, then you have the right to treat them in whatever way you’d see fit. I mean if you’re asking why there are no more communication between the devs and the playerbase, you just need to look into the mirror for an answer.

Also it’s basic human decency that you treat others with respect, if you’re missing that then whatever.

You clearly have comprehension problems. You dismissed my complaints as illegitimate because how dare i speak of the developers way of running this crapshow.

No i just need to look at enablers like you to see why it’s okay for them to not communicate.

Go and cry in a corner for human decency and respect.
I afforded you as much respect just as much as you afforded me.

Now go and shine some Blizz dev shoes, i see you’re really good at that.

I disagreed with you, and I think I have the right for that. Like you can disagree with me.

The difference between my posts and yours is that I never asked you to shut up or stop posting or keep your words to yourself. We can disagree as I suggested previously and that’s ok. Sometimes you just don’t find the common ground with someone.

While disagreeing is healthy and can lead to great things, asking others to keep their opinions to themselves is rude, because this is a public forum and everyone can share their opinions at their free will.

If you don’t see the tone and respect difference between your posts and mines then I don’t think you have too much experience talking with humans.

1 Like

Then don’t be rude in the first place and dismiss my grievances with how the devs are treating the ret set bonuses?

I don’t care about what tone you take as long as you remain ignorant.

Your opinion is DON’T TALK ABOUT HOW DEVS WORK.
Simple and ignorant, that’s why i told you to shut up.
Your words aren’t worth the pixels they change on my screen.

So should I agree with you just because you find it rude otherwise? That’s called emotional blackmail and it’s kinda bad.

Disagreeing with someone is not rude. Asking them to shut up or calling them names are.

Yeah I see this pattern more and more, the typical “I know that I’m right so I can do whatever I want” attitude. Also no, you’re not right and I’m not ignorant.

What I see in my screen are lots of inner frustrations and anger issues.