Devs trolling?

Almost all classes get some solid changes on the PTR and Demon Hunter get a +200% dmg increase on a spec that deals absolutely no damage and isnt viable at all.

are we getting trolled? :confused:

4 Likes

talent is weak and thus not viable at all

talent recieves big buff

wtf devs trolling??

The main issue is the exponential scaling given by Versatility.

If you have 20% Vers then a +200% damage increase is a +240% increase.

The same is the case with the gear of this tier. If you have a total of 2000 DPS then with 20% Vers its 2400 DPS.

With the next tier and gear improving then DPS rise to 3000 and you still have 20% Vers the 3000 DPS is 3600 DPS.

In conclusion, exponential scaling is an incredibly bad design choice in an MMO where people compare their performance with other people.

1 Like

Bro they buff a non rotation spell (unless we use momentum, which is not that much of the ppl), we use that to relocate out of danger. In case of shamans u get a 40% buff on lava lash, thats what we would like in Chaos strike to give us the boost in ST and not in AOE

dont even reply to this troll. saw him in many threads just baiting and trashtalking demon hunters. report and move on

3 Likes

Oof I’m sorry Mr. Lvl 16 DK that I had to point out how ridiculously illogical what you just said was. Sure, I’m the one trolling, but its threads like yours that made all devs stop bothering with these forums lol.

Which bit of the critique of this so-called “buff” do you disagree with? I know of NO-ONE playing Havoc even semi-seriously that takes this talent for anything, so what use is there in buffing it? Other than some lip service from indifferent developers who continue to program the fotm meta?

This change does nothing to address the disparity with other melee in both pvp and pve.

1 Like

I would say that devs don’t care that much because of trolls like you defending current DH state because “it was good 2 expansions ago so now you should just accept being trash spec” or other ridiculous arguments

“This talent is so weak no one is picking it, so what’s the point of buffing it?”. I mean… Do you really… I dont even… DO you even read what you’re writing?

I swear I always come to the DH forums to troll, and every time I just get outclassed hard by people who aren’t even trolling. I love this place so much

1 Like

How did you manage to squeeze so many lies in just 2 lines of text lol.

1. I never said DHs are fine in their current state, DHs are already underperforming, and this talent was SO weak it was a “never pick” even by underperforming standards. So I went out on a limb and said that maybe, just MAYBE, buffing something that’s unbelievably weak is not a very bad idea? its maybe a good start? hello?

2. I never mentioned anywhere the past state of DHs or implied that it is related to current balance decisions in any way. Specs are not on a rotation for which one will be viable. No developer has ever said
    " yeah, survival hunters were pretty strong for a couple patches so its about time we intentionally make them unplayable. and how long has it been since fire mages were top tier? checks calendar oh over 2 years, ok its time to overtune them hard for a while"

i guess im a certified troll in these forums because im trying to employ logic instead of joining the circlej*rk of “waaaaaah blizzard has personal differences wiith DHs, they literally hate each and every one of us personally and thats why im low on the dps meters :((((”

2 Likes

the no life forum troll is losing his mind lol.

1 Like

and you obviously don’t play Demon Hunter, as using fel rush to do dmg puts you out of position 9 times out of 10 and even more so in pvp, when it is NOT used for dps particularly for this reason, among others. Buffing a talent no-one takes so that players still won’t take it because of how it works makes zero sense when the class needs real change on core abilties THAT WE ACTUALLY USE.

2 Likes

And using mobility abilities during your DPS rotation has been literally the cornerstone of the DH theme since it was introduced. It was literally in the class spotlight, and now you’re whining that the devs are pushing you to do that? If you don’t like that part and you just want the melee faceroll part, play a warrior?

Thats like a warlock going “wtf why do I have to use demon pets and curses? I just want to use ranged nukes!” Then play a mage?

again, have you ever played DH? You’re sitting on someone spamming DB and Dance, hoping to maybe stun into an Eye Beam etc and you do what? FR and take yourself how many yards away from who you are hitting, for some mediocre dmg and opening yourself to be snared/rooted? You do know this class has no spammable snare, right? We really on rush as a gap closer, especially against casters and how we’re supposed to use it in a damage rotation? Did you drink the Kool-Aid? What’s your rating on your demon hunter? Stop posting on your shaman.

i am called a no life troll by a lvl 16 DK, and asked to stop posting on alts by a lvl 50 monk. Either way, why are you trying to call me out on experience, instead of addressing the one and only argument I gave?

Using mobility (and consequently, compromising or improving your positioning) as a way of improving your damage is the main theme of DHs. This is literally the idea behind which DHs were implemented in the game. It wasn’t because the game lacked a leather agility melee DPS, it already had 3 rogue specs, ww monks and feral druids. The only new thing DHs added was this. This is why anyone would make a DH.

If you don’t like this as a concept, or you think blizzard did a poor job installing it to the game in practice, why are you playing a DH? Thats like me going “wtf totems are so lame, wtf is spirit link, you throw your big CD as an immovable stick on the ground and hope people stay in it? what garbage is this?”. That’s the whole theme of shamans, if I dont like it then I shouldn’t play a shaman, and I could play any of the 33 other specs available to me instead.

and you still haven’t answered the question regarding the logic of giving up our sole gap closer, in a game/xpac where everyone has a means of creating distance from melee, in return for some dps. Don’t worry, I’ll wait.

I am answering it for the 4th time: Because this is your class theme. You weren’t given triple rush + disengage + metaleap + felblade just to helicopterd*ck around. You were given the highest mobility in the game, because a lot of it is supposed to be used as a damage gain.

Why do I have to explain your spec’s basic themes to you while you’re straight up lying? You’re trying to make it sound like poor demon hunters got the short end of the stick, and they have to desperately hold onto their fel rush to have any hope of catching the mobility monsters that are priests and paladins and dks.

yea i start to tink that the devs tink that DM was a mistake to make
and try to fix it by making the DM weak against single targets.

The buffs we get wont fix the problem it makes it worst because everybody gets buffs at first the 3% buff when everybody gets 5%
now they buff a talent that is ok but it wont fix the problem.

I started doing heroic raid but there are some big dps requirements for bosses single target i feel bad for my guild because they need to make up for my single target dps.

but the worst part is that they wont reply or give any ideas what the future is for DM.
If they just say that DM isn,t going to be okay with single target dps then i would be fine but now its just a waiting game of hoping they fix it.

1 Like

“Highest mobility in the game” Those 5 words completely invalidate anything you have to say about DH, at least when it comes to current PvP. There’s more to WoW than humping pillars in a sandbox. Done with this debate.

1 Like

Triple rush? Pls go visit some doctor or keep reading wowhead anyway I think you are old enough to explain you this in one time to understand
1-fell rush have 2 charges 10sec cd
2 meta have 4min cd
3 felblade is a talent 15sec cd whit chance to reset by mele spell 15yd
And how much slows the shamy have?
Do you need to list them as well?

1 Like