DF - Still 50 max chars per account?

Have any comments been made in regards to account character limit in Dragonflight? Having an account already maxed out with 50/50 characters means you need to delete a character to create an Envoker. This kinda sucks when that, at least in my case, would mean deleting a 45+ character.

Has Blizzard addressed this anywhere?

10 Likes

50 is more than enough.

4 Likes

Go outside.

It even says it on the loading screens

4 Likes

50 is way too much.
From those 50 no one plays more than 10.
So 10 is better.
Do it blizz

1 Like

So aside from your opinions, which you are fully entitled to, did Blizzard address this anywhere?

1 Like

Not heard/read anything but I’ve not been actively looking for it but I do read most announcements and notes.

50 is max on wow account but u can have max 8 wow accounts giveing u a max of 400

1 Like

Would be nice if it was increased, been 50 for a long time now and plenty of people have reached this cap.

6 Likes

The cap is just fine, it forces you to invest in the character(s) you’ve created.

If you genuinely have your mind set on playing an Envoker; I think you wouldn’t have a problem deleting one of your other characters that aren’t worth the investment.

thatsjustlikeyouropinionman.jpg, not one I share nor am interested in. I’m simply asking if people have seen/heard Blizzard comment on this, that’s it.

did you forget?

So I will keep staying in Worgen, Nightborne and Tauren instead of focusing other races like Gnomes, Pandas, Kul Tiran humans and etc. ?

I like your idea of make more charters. This way I make a lot of them. Then RANGAROS will not see me coming HAHA! Chiara

1 Like

Anyone with 50 characters would fill up whatever the max was. If max was 800 then they’d have 800 and be asking for more now.

Having a limit makes you put some effort into tidying it up everyone once in a while. Go through those 50 characters and find one that doesn’t spark joy (there must be one in fifty at least, probably more).

That’s quite the strawman. No, not everyone with 50 chars would fill any new limit. I’d be happy even with 10-20 extra slots.

2 Likes

If you weren’t satisfied with 50 why would you be sated at 70?

I don’t have to give you my personal reasoning for creating characters but I don’t have 20+ characters I plan to make, just a couple more I want.

Life isn’t so black and white, it’s not like you’re either satisfied with less than 10 or want a 100.

1 Like

Nobody sets out to create 50 characters. You get there one or two characters at a time.
You’d end up with 70 and then another Allied Race or new class comes along and then you need another 20 slots (as one just wouldn’t do). If you doubt this, you’re in the Nile, up to your neck…

Again you don’t know me, don’t think I do stuff the same way you would. It’s pretty audacious to claim “nobody” when it’s actually not.

They’re lame, I have maybe 2-3 chars that are allied races, the vast majority are core races.
As far as Dracthyr go, I want about 2-3, and I have 2 slots left.

2 Likes

Of course not. Every comment on a forum is talking in generalities. But 99.99% of players who have 50 chars now would, if the level was raised to 70, have 70 chars by the time of the next expac.
You might be the exception and have 54.

We can only talk in generalaties, we can’t caveat every sentence with “apart from the rare exceptions who might…”.
Saying that a lot of posters start a comment with “In my opinion…” when pretty much everything posted on a forum is opinion.

I can’t meaningfully play 50 characters. Most I don’t touch and in the past I’ve only even levelled them up for chances at the love rocket. Now that I have that rare mount I’ve stopped bothering.

I just delete something if I need a new spot. That’s just me ofc.