Dh and the class changes in Shadowlands

Blizz decided to go back to class focus instead of spec focus, like most I think it’s a good thing with abilities becoming baseline and removed abilities coming back. This is also meant to work into this idea of “every level brings something” which again is a good thing in my opinion.

But it ask the question, what about Demon Hunters ? Dh were designed and implemented when we were head deep into spec focus class design, we have no baseline abilities made spec specific and as the most recent class no abilities to bring back. Add to that the fact that we will be starting at 1 like everyone else next expansion and I don’t see how blizzard is going to make this work for dh with new abilities, they are simply not enough abilities to begin with. If they take abilities away from spec talent trees to make them baseline they are 0 replacement for it in that spec tree.

Personnaly I hope that means we are finally getting some new abilities but we could get the short end of the stick here.

1 Like

Be careful what you wish for.

1 Like

You don’t want new abilities ?

1 Like

I just don’t have any faith in them not to ruin us. I love how we are atm, I love our fantasy.

8 Likes

Same but I do think a few more button to press wont hurt.

3 Likes

I want a slow. Take away the stupid mana burn which is boring as drying paint and give me something to kill healers.

8 Likes

Didn’t you see the main feature of next expansion ? Dh class removed because it was a big mistake by blizzard

11 Likes

Keep dreaming Fighter the Featureless.

5 Likes

I just hope they take away your meta. Still butthurt over it as a Warlock.

6 Likes

We only took back what was rightfully our.

9 Likes

I’m so curious about how Blizzard will deal with the Demon Hunter that has been implemented while every class was stripped of abilities. With us that would mean some new abilities. Time will tell. Hope they do not change it too much.

I just want a few more abilities to diversify the rotations and some useless but cool ones for class fantasy personnaly.

3 Likes

It probably won’t happen but getting Fury of the Illdari back would make me a happy hunter… of demons.

1 Like

Wouldn’t mind seeing Master of the Glaive baseline or perhaps having a couple of Vengeance’s CC sigils, but they’d have to tone down something in exchange.

I am just curious to see how they are going to give the class something new at every levels for 50 levels with so little, even if they took out abilities from the talent tree then they would still have to come up with new ones to replace them. Maybe some passives from the artefacts ?

What to think of:

1. Unlock an instance
  2. Unlock mount riding
  3. Unlock flying
  4. Get a pet
  5. Get a mount
  6. Get a transmog
  7. Get a toy
  8. Unlock a battleground
  9. Unlock war mode

Unlocking just an instance or a bg seems a bit underwhelming, whatever the class.

I imagine it’s gonna be the same as it is now. Where you get a baseline version of an ability at a certain level and get upgrades to it at a later level.

e.g. At present my Balance Druid gets Sunfire at level 16 but the 8yd AoE application is locked behind level 32.

I do hope they come up with something better but as it stands most classes have more than abilities/ability upgrades, talents and pvp talents to cover just under 50 levels.

I just realized, they told us that in shadowlands our Hearth of Azeroth are not gonna work. Essencess i mean. In 8.3 Vision of Perfection will get buff so for us, Vengence Demon Hunters if we go for to combo VoP + Gluttony is cool. But now without it in Shadowlands, we are going back to one spirit bomb build. If because of only that essence, we have more survivability, then we are going back to be the worst tank in game again even more than now.

Im so happy and looking forward next expansion as VDH.

tbh i dont think ur alone here.

Survival hunter, hasnt got any iterations of it prior Legion. Which means it cant really be unpruned… unless they’re gonna unprune its transition from legion to BFA.

Outlaw Rogues are in the same boat also.

this are new iterations of the Speccs sure but its confirmed their will be no drastic rework of any speccs.

this basically means if u remove ur heart of azeroth and Azerite armour traits. your basically playing your class as it will be in Shadowlands maybe with 1 or 2 additions

by the looks of things they’re not interested in adding new things in with this expansion…

so the only movement that can happen for these newer things such as DH, Survival hunter and Outlaw Rogue… is Simply What comes from the talent trees to be baselined… and what we get access to through more Abilities being made class wide.

so basically not alot :stuck_out_tongue: i’d expect 3 or 4 Changes total for each of these and no new abilities… instead a few baselined talents and some new talent options put in their place :stuck_out_tongue: