Dh and the class changes in Shadowlands

If you take abilities away from the talent tree to make them Baseline you must them replace those abilities in the talent tree, and with how few abilities dh have I Don’t see with what they would be replaced.

thats the point im making, if they baseline anything… they’ve gotten replace it… which likely will be a Passive as its hard to push more buttons into the class without making it feel disconjointed.

these speccs introduced in legion… are basically confirmed to be 2nd Class comparitively to the other classes and options in the game… because their introductionary point Was when the pruning began instead of being one of the classes that got pruned it was put into the game Already pruned with no history as far as old abilities go.

basically if u main these classes/speccs… ur going to be Screwed for a Expansion… unless u Reroll.

It doesn’t have to be an active ability. Think about legion leggos which had some pretty nice passives (still miss my Raddon’s Cascading Eyes). We lose the essence which is a pretty big chunk of our damage and helps with the game flow.
Remember how utterly clunky DH played after release of BfA, it felt like you leveled backwards from 110 to 100.
Personally I am very curious if Blizz can give us the impression of powering up through leveling again like it was in early iterations of the game, Classic=>BC=>WotlK.

I think they will be able to deliever tbh, blizzard have never done a bad expansion twice in a row realistically.

I think the issue will be this.

With it confirmed blizzard are not doing any class redesigning or reworking. What will happen to DH, survival and outlaw can’t be big. No redesign/rework means it’s unlikely we will see many abilities. As it wouldn’t be easy to just throw new abilities into their existing mechanics.

I can see these three speccs be abandoned In shadowlands. Unless blizzard make some sorta exception to these because they can’t simply be unpruned.

keep crying

2 Likes

Considering that there was no DH class before Legion, that would mean Illidan was our baseline… so they might be adding flying to the class come Shadowlands :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Have you had Fury of the Ilidari?

i was hoping for new races.

Dont care about lore anymore.

Just Elves are getting boring

3 Likes

Two class changes:

1. Retune some damage dealing abilities ( eye beam splitting damage as an example)
  2. Make Fel Orcs and Red Draenei demon hunters.
4 Likes

Both those races would be interesting but I doubt they would do 2 more races that are basicly recolors, after the feedback from the community. Instead I think a good option would be regular Orc and Draenei can be DH but as DH they look like the Fel Orcs and red Draenei. I guess that would work.
But I would be up for it, I’d probably do a Fel Orc DH.

They should really make felblade baseline tho.

5 Likes

I’d do an additional two per faction

Alliance: human and spacegoat

Horde: orc and forsaken

There are already human demon hunters in lore and well forsaken just because they would look absolutely boss as demon hunters imo

2 Likes

As long as Rain from above will still exist in the game im happy. If that gets pruned im out

D:

You fun killer.

Edit: misread, thought you wanted it pruned out :sweat_smile:

They should take a look at the talent trees and some of the abilities. Havoc is pretty engaging, but Vengeance needs to some work - especially for dungeons.

• Fel Devastation cooldown reduced by 50% and made baseline
  • Gluttony changed to trigger x seconds of Metamorphosis after you finish channeling Fel Devastation
  • Spirit Bomb given a cooldown
  • Spirit Bomb renamed to Soul Bomb
  • Soul Cleave is now a 360 degree attack and consumes up to 5 Soul Fragments to deal more damage

This should give us a cool button to press baseline (like Eye Beam for Havoc), and it removes the random part of Gluttony that makes it so unappealing for most content. It also stops Spirit Bomb spam, which is mind-numbingly boring, while transferring the 360 degree AOE to Soul Cleave, allowing for more responsive aggro management in trash fights. And Spirit Bomb is (finally) renamed to the more correct Soul Bomb, because like Soul Cleave and Soul Barrier, it too is fueled by Soul Fragments, not Spirit Fragments.

People might be worried that the proposed Fel Devastation and Gluttony changes makes the playstyle too much like Demonic Havoc, but that’s kind of the point. We vomit fire instead of shooting laser beams out of our eyes, but we’re still Demon Hunters. Why should only Havoc have a build centered around unleashing your inner demon? Gluttony might need a new name, though, since it’s no longer triggered by consuming fragments…

Anyway, you would still have to choose between Gluttony, Spirit Bomb (ugh, that name), and another talent - I suggest Soul Barrier be moved down to the 108 talent row. That way you get three different choices in terms of sustain:

1. Damage mitigation (+armor) on a cooldown (Gluttony)
  2. Damage healing (+leech) on a cooldown (Spirit Bomb)
  3. Damage prevention (shield) on a cooldown (Soul Barrier)

They’d need to do some tweaking, of course, but it would solve my biggest gripes with Vengeance: Having to spam Spirit Bomb, having no control over Gluttony, and having to take either of those talents over Fel Devastation 99% of the time. And the incorrect naming of Spirit Bomb, obviously. Seriously, how did that name pass through undetected?

“What’s the theme of this class?”
“Eating the souls of their enemies”
“Oh, like eating their spirits?”
“No, their souls… fragments of their souls.”
“Oh, okay, so I’ll go ahead and name these abilities Soul Cleave and Soul Barrier then.”
“Great! Here’s another ability ready for naming.”
“Ok, I’ll just name it Spirit Bomb.”
“Wait, wh–”
“PRINT!”

1 Like

Well we cant really be unpruned its true, but as for extra abilities, warlocks also use fel magic. On the other hand, extra buttons kinda ruins the braindead playstyle havoc is meant to accommodate. I say simply adding warlock abilities as additional effects to our preexisting abilities is the way to go. To that end, I propose the following:

-Every tick of eye beam triggers cataclysm on every enemy hit
-Demons bite applies agony, corruption, siphon life and 5 stacks of UA
-Chaos strike triggers 3 shard hand of Gul’dan with one hit and summon dreadstalkers with the second
-Throw glaive applies havoc
-Fel rush chaos bolts every target it hits
-Metamorphasis triggers infernal, dark glare and demonic tyrant

And lets be honest, who really plays vengeance anyway?

They’re going to merge DH and warlocks into one class :eyes:

Warlock the dh third spec confirmed ?

1 Like

Rather uninstall the game that to become a a third spec of the most cringe class in the game.

There’s no way you guys are getting new abilities. My guess is you’ll get useless passives (hopefully)

Look at your entire toolkit you have every utility in the game? What more could you possibly want/need?

Unless blizzard snaps out of their biased towards demon hunters and start pruning broken abilities then I’m fine with the class gaining new abilities.

That Demonic talent has to go or remove big meta and also purge netherwalk. You already have insane leech, blur, vengeful retreat, rain from above, darkness, and of course your crazy mobility.

1 Like

Don’t be sore now, it’s bad for your skin.

1 Like