DH is Hated?

I’ve noticed that DH is often hated on. Just wanted to ask why is that? Its my favourite class that has a nice lore, I really don’t quite get all the hate

6 Likes

Yes I get the same, may it be on /2 or forums.

It’s because it’s the newest “hero” class with nice and stylish effects, animations and gear. Child of Prune, so while our toolkit is quite simple other classes aren’t that more complicated either. Especially in BFA.

Just like DKs were very hated by folks back in WotLK same applies to DHs. People need a scapegoat to complain about bs or try to belittle you for playing a class so they think it’ll validate their petty argument.

Having as I said rather flashy and cool effect and being the newest class, DH is the perfect scapegoat to /spit on if you play it.

Also most people are dumb.

8 Likes

Happens to every new class. People hated dk’s, hated monks, and now dh’s. If tinkers ever get in the game they’ll hate on that (and gnomes).

9 Likes

Because if you encounter them in pvp ( which is 90%+ of my encounters ) they are immortal & overpowered 2 button spec compared to most classes, it pretty much bans you from trying out fun specs like marksman because even if you use your strengths ( sitting 70 yards away & try to kite your target ) a dh can reach you in 2 dashes regardless of how far away you are for example

29 Likes

So like monks? monks have even better mobility with 2 rolls+fly kick+tiger’s lust, do you hate monks also?

1 Like

Simple class with massive mobility as well as passive healing, AoE damage and a defensive baked into a 2-3 button rotation.

I like the class, its lore and the way it plays, which is why I regularly run m+ on mine, but there’s very little skill to it all.

So in PvP people get ticked off when someone who’s doing comparably less than them wins a fight by default solely because of their class design.

17 Likes

i play a veng DH myself but i never take a DH in my own keys.
From my experience most havoc DH´s are braindead

3 Likes

I guess it’s mostly how they perform vs their complexity.

If you break down their base rotation, you have;

• 2 spammable abilities (1 to gain fury and 1 to spend (an overload of) it)
  • 2 30s cd abilities, pretty much “use when ready” style
  • 1 9s cd ability, again use when ready basically.

Can almost say: what can go wrong?

8 Likes

What can go wrong? For a class with all that mobility in a dungeon with the packs of mobs close together? Sooo much can go wrong!

4 Likes

I actually love all this mobility, speed and action. So much fun!

3 Likes

Every new class gets hated. Especially one with mobility and defensives. People whined about Genji in HOTS and Overwatch, too.

2 Likes

Just have to keep track of where you can rush to? Yea, that requires quite some skills.

5 Likes

No, because a snipershot to the head actually kills them and their only source of getting their health back is to actually use a heal with cast time instead of just beating the crap out of me and get it back

4 Likes

Especially when you’re in the middle of a group of players and mobs, and you can’t see well enough to realise that your camera and character are no longer pointing in the same direction. Then you hit fel rush …

But I think you’re taking this oh, so seriously. I play the game to have fun, which is why I play DH - because it’s fun. And I only play with people who remember it’s a game, and think wiping because some idiot DH fel rushed straight into a pack of mobs is hilarious.

Because people love to hate. Simple rotation - 3 buttons. Well, for me everyone that wants to click 10 buttons is simple minded. It is not our problem that he choose his class with 10 buttons that cant click on time ? Because it is cool and popular.

2 Likes

Is that true though? I am horrendous at indivdual pvp (at least I think I am lol) - I do Bgs (epic mainly), but have never done Arenas at all, and never used Warmode. Anyway, I got jumped by a DH in Dalaran Underbelly - and promptly destroyed him. Thought it was a bit easy as I was also under the impression DHs were OP, so looked him up on Armoury, and saw his ilevel was 446, whereas I’m just 428. If it makes any difference, he was Havoc…?

Then he must be the 1% whos braindead enough to use useless talents like netherwalk ( Bassicly removing the majority of their self heal )

You meet those sometimes

1 Like

Or Paladins are just stronger with wings. DH is strong against warriors but extremely weak against Pallys, DKs, Destros and Rogs.

1 Like

Palla & Mage i the only 2 classes i havent tried in pvp yet so that might be true

I want to see any of these kill a dh lmao, specially rogue

Man, if rog knows what he/she is doing DH does not stand a chance. DKs, and specially Destro lock are… but Rog should hide. You cannot use sight forever. If rog is stupid to run into DH, then he/she will lost but otherwise…