DH shadowland changes (new)

• Demonic Appetite - Consuming a soul fragment no longer reduces the cooldown of Eye Beam.

• Cycle of Hatred - When Chaos Strike refunds Fury, it will reduce the cooldown of Eye Beam (was Metamorphosis) .

• Insatiable Hunger: Demon’s Bite deals 20% more damage and generates 5 to 10 additional Fury.

• Immolation Aura now generates 20 Fury when cast.

• Burning Hatred: Immolation now generates an additional 60 Fury over 12 seconds.

• Fel Mastery has been replaced with a new talent, Unbound Chaos.
    Unbound Chaos: While Immolation Aura is active, your inner demon slams into nearby enemies at the end of your Fel Rush, dealing Chaos damage.

Basically:
Demonic Appetite has been nerfed - but that doesn’t make the other more appealing.
Immolation Aura will only give a small portion of fury (like a slap in the face / tease) and still require the talent (which in turn generates less over a longer time).
Cycle of Hatred is still competing with First Blood for single target damage.

The worst part is that the devs are "happy with the core kit of both Demon Hunter specializations" and that they somehow have listened to player "feedback" with these changes.
Like what? What? Really???

So here are the things to look forward to come Shadowlands:

• A lot less self healing
  • Weaker defensive cooldowns
  • Less Meta uptime
  • No Essences to get ranged attacks, AoE, or cooldown reduction
  • No Azerite Powers to increase haste, resource cost reduction, or cooldown reduction
  • No corruption to get extra dot effects, burst or boost versatility etc.
  • A cap on maximum 5 targets to AoE
  • Broken double jump
  • Shapeshift into a blue fox

Yeah.

5 Likes

Not much to look forward to, that’s for sure.

2 Likes

Damn and I was just starting to enjoy playing demon hunter.

1 Like

It is just sad, but the illidari will rise again!!!

1 Like

Sad :frowning:
These changes (and the changes to DH in total) is how you get players to quit.

1 Like

They need a nerf

4 Likes

Did you play them in Shadowlands?
What are some good 3v3 compositions do you reckon?

2 Likes

I have not played them in SL but they till need a nerf
Playing them in SL have nothing to do with it
Im not saying that they should be nerfed to the ground but they need a nerf

3 Likes

But this thread is about them in Shadowlands and how they perform there, please try to focus on that thank you.

4 Likes

Okay!
Im happy with what they’ve done :smiley:

1 Like

First, everything about borrowed powers is going away for everyone and will be replaced so there is no reason to talk about it here.

We still have all our utility for pve (stun, cut, purge, aoe purge as BE, aoe defensive), but less healing and defensive nerfed is a big hit to pvp.

Less meta uptime is only logical since it was a borrowed power. Cycle of hatred could cover the meta uptime by reducing eye beam cd, but as you said, it’s on the same row as first blood so I guess it’ll be the aoe choice for this row. What’s the replacing talent for Immolation aura ?

It’s only alpha and there is lot of number tweaking to be done, but I hope we’ll have some interesting choices regarding covenants, conduits and legendaries to compensate for the nerfs. Because yeah, atm SL DH is weaker BFA DH, which is already weaker Legion DH (well all classes are weaker version of their Legion version anyway).

1 Like

Except, the only reason the classes feel decent to play is because of this power… it is a problem.
I guess everything will feel like crap until we have maxed out covenants and legendaries.

I really wish the classes would have enough substance on their own. Fun for me is large toolkits and being able to customize my character.

1 Like

A couple of things, demonic should be baseline, and so should appetite.

3 Likes

Oops, editing my answers after re-reading your comment. What you say is true about a lot of classes being good only with very specific expansion build (hello fire mage and sp, enjoy your 9.0 powerslap).

But tbh, DH is not one of them. It’s clearly not a class that needs borrowed power. It works very well on it’s own, that’s why I said we should not worry about DH losing a few borrowed power that’ll get replaced.

1 Like

Of course, some classes benefit more while others less from these borrowed powers.
Some things I will for sure miss are:

• The haste gained from Furious Gaze. This really helps with GCD issues, allowing you to burst more effectively.
  • Reaping Flames ranged attack. This one has a sweet 40 yd range, allowing you to get into combat fast (hitting stealthed rogues etc) while also serving as an execute.
  • Vision of Perfection cooldown reduction. The 4 min cooldown on Meta is just unbearable. Most of the time I play without Meta because I’m afraid to use it in case a situation occurs where I really need it (world pvp in particular).
  • Burning Soul absorb shield + Soul Fragment heal + resource. Being able to regularly dispel magic and also get all these benefits is extremely powerful and one of the reasons DH is hard to kill.
2 Likes

Yeah you cited some of the most usefull, I can only agree with you about these. But I think covenant + conduit + legendaries and possible tier bonus return will probably cover most of it (Meta should be 3min baseline and last 30s to compensate, even 2 minutes for 20s, much more flexible for M+).

I feel very bad for fire mages and sp out there that’ll get all of these taken from them, exactly how trash you felt at the begining of BFA…

1 Like

So, Shadowlands enters BETA next week - this means less chance of changes.

The whole state of DH in PvP is messed up.
Their win-condition is Mana burn which is not used in any other part of the game other than Arenas. This is not good! This is not OK!
It limits their possible team compositions and forces a playstyle that is just surviving for a long time, dragging games into dampening.
Ion Hazzikostas specifically said they did not want high dampening games - so why is this deemed enjoyable?

Speaking of surviving - after these nerfs DH has less survivability than a Rogue and also a lot worse toolkit.

3 Likes

OK, now out of here creature! Warriors also should be nerf to the ground. it is a shame melee and lore perspective the most retarded spec ARMS to compete with warlock for example but I did not troll that. OK COW ?

Meta in 5 min is a huge HIT. Blizz should make it 10 minutes. They are retarded enough to do it.

1 Like

We need demon hunter buff in Beta not nerfs!

1 Like

It shouldn’t matter to you, the effort you put into your character, most dh would still be more powerful than you even with more nerf.

About the nerfs:
With some of the changes i can see where they are coming from, but not all of them at the same time. DH is one of the classes the relied most on the borrowed powers ever since it was released, because it was created with the borrowed powers in mind. Those borrowed powers are going away and the new ones are not going to make up for it. Therefore simply leaving it as it is and just taking away the borrowed power would’ve been enough nerf.

1 Like