DHs are not OP, okay?

I don’t get it, people still keep repeating this myth as some kind of mantra.

When you question it, then they admit and keep changing the goalposts.

First it’s “DHs are OP!”. Then you explain to them your experiences against unkillable warrior that almost one-shot you, a huntar that almost 2-shot you, a rogue that stunkilled you, a shaman you couldn’t dent as DH…

Then the argument CHANGES. They keep changing the goalpost. Now it’s suddenly “DHs with GEAR are OP!”.

Then you can get into a debate as to how OP are highly geared DKs, etc. and rogues - and suddenly they change it again.

“Well, you have to know how to play it” or “You need wits and skill”.

Really? I thought DHS WERE OP, why would they need all these extra things suddenly?

Furthermore, it changes the argument COMPLETELY.

Let’s say for argument’s sake, that ‘DHS are OP if they have gear, wits and skill’.

That’s a COMPLETELY different statement to “DHs are OP!”.

If “DHs are OP!”, then a lowbie DH can kill a highly-geared DK, warrior, huntar, shaman or rogue (couldn’t kill any of these, they easily killed me in BGs and brawls).

A level 92 Paladin can kill 110 DH easily.

So what is “OP” anyway? What do people mean by “OP”?

Have they encountered higher-geared DHs that have somehow outplayed them?

It’s funny, how people say it requires ‘brain’ and ‘wits’ and ‘skill’ to play DH, but the same people quickly say, DH is a brainless 2-button class, boring and OP and easy.

So which is it? Isn’t it funny, how people can switch sides and opinions depending on which side they think is more insulting? This kind of proves people here don’t even want to know, tell, believe or explain the truth, all they care about is insulting innocent players can calling them ‘trash’ and saying they should somersault off a cliff.

I don’t say things like this, I don’t curse, I don’t insult, and yet, people often gang upon me and start saying horrible things to me, without knowing me at all. Just because my honest expressions of my everyday reality as DH doesn’t please their “DH is OP!”-myth belief system.

Maybe it’s cognitive dissonance or something, but I don’t get why, even if people disagree with me (and those people obviously don’t play a normal DH), do they have to be so incredibly hostile, mean, evil, toxic and insulting.

Can’t we discuss in a civilized manner? Can’t we respect each other as human beings and fellow players? Do we have to try to make each other feel bad?

Here are some absurd comments thrown my way:

“DH with 0 kills, hahahaha” (on a BG where I never met the enemy at all, we won it really quickly)

“A [censored] DH saying this?”

“Somersault off a cliff”

“Get over yourself” (probably the kindest of this type statements, ever)

“It’s not DH that’s bad, it’s u r trash” (without any explanations, of course, because the aim is not to explain, but to insult)

It’s interesting, how quickly and easily people turn to insults even when (and this is usually always) I am as respectful, well-mannered, clear and non-insulting in my communication. I don’t talk trash about people’s abilities or playing skills, I don’t mention anyone’s gear, I don’t talk about their parents, I endeavour to be as civil and as respectful as I can, and immediately people hurl verbal poison and vomit on my face anyway.

It’s possible that people mean something specific about “OP”, but when I hear that word, I think of level 92 Paladin beating level 110 DH in a duel without problems. So from that experience, where I have felt OP as Paladin, I would conclude I should feel just as OP as a DH, IF DH is so OP.

I should be able to beat a 606K HP warrior as 384K HP DH, IF DH is OP.

If you need all kinds of ‘extras’ for DHs to be OP, perhaps it’s time to stop saying DHs are OP, or AT LEAST rectify that statement to something like:

“Highly-geared DHs that have wits, skills, experience, knowledge and lots of PvE gear, can sometimes do a lot of damage to a low-level warrior”, or something along those lines.

If GEAR, SKILLS and WITS (or BRAIN) are all required for DHS to be OP, then “DH is OP!” can’t be true.

I am a DH, and I am NEVER OP. Sometimes I can kill many players in a BG, when their gear level is lower than mine, or something. I am not a very good player, I don’t really know what I am doing, I don’t have much corruption, I am only playing BGs for fun, not making it into some kind of core life project.

So if DHs are OP, I should be able to kill players left and right without effort. If DHs are really “2-button class”, I should be able to use EXACTLY TWO BUTTONS (impossible, since even movement requires more) to do all this.

I can only theorize of course, but perhaps people’s skewed misconception about DH being somehow ‘OP’ comes from their own past experiences, perhaps in Legion, where DH actually HAD some kind of power. Perhaps they were a lowbie warrior against highly-geared DH that has all kinds of corruptions and enchants and who knows what (I really can’t keep up with that kind of stuff, I just want to play). And that traumatized them, and now they think DHs are somehow OP.

When I play on BGs, my experience is usually, I can POSSIBLY have 2 KBs if I work really hard, and there’s a big team and I am lucky and I am healed and their players are not 600K, MAYBE. But most of the time I am just uselessly punching something that keeps its HP above 80% and it never goes down, and then I die.

That’s 90% of my experiences in BGs in a battle - I punch and punch and use salt water potion and rain from above and can barely dent a shaman or rogue, then they heal fully and stunkill me when I land, etc. Blade dance does exactly nothing, and I am stunned constantly. Leech doesn’t seem to work very well for me, especially since I can barely do much punching after I use Metamorphosis, since I am in some rogue stun most of the time anyway.

So this MYTH really needs to end and people need to stop reciting mantra that does NOT fit reality. When my reality is that I am never top DPs, never top damage, never top KBs, and am LUCKY if I don’t die more than 7 times, and can never dent a healer, warrior, huntar, rogue, shaman, let alone a DK, then maybe the REALITY of what DH is should be what people are saying.

“DH is UP!” would be better, but it resembles the english word ‘up’, instead of saying ‘underpowered’.

“DH CAN be OP, if it’s super-highly geared and in the hands of a superfast brain and skilled player, but it will still be easily killed by lowbie rogues” would be the most truthful mantra to say about DHs, but I guess people are too stubborn to change their minds and their opinions based on such trivial things like ACTUAL REALITY or TRUTH.

So I am not holding my breath… I just wish people could check the reality and then decide what mantra they will recite before blindly saying “DH is OP!”.

Is this too much to ask?

As a sidenote; Battlegrounds would be 1000 x more fun, if ROGUES were deleted or at least FINALLY properly nerfed, so a DH could at least have SOME kind of chance. I can sometimes ESCAPE a rogue (when it decides base is more important to get than to kill me, but not if it decides to kill me), after it attacks out of nowhere and stabs 70% of my HP away in stun before I can do anything…

Rogues never die, they always vanish and come back with full HP if I manage to ever dent them, and usually I can’t dent them - one BG today, I shot all my ‘rain from above’ into a rogue, it had 50% when I began, and about 49% HP when I landed. Didn’t use cloak or anything, it just took the hits. You can guess how that ended…

4 Likes

Your gear is poop.

5 Likes

Agree , nerf this mongo class to ashes.

25 Likes

Last time i went eBG with my Frost DK i killed a few DH and dominated the battlefield, alliance absolutely hated me in that fight.
Also my DK is just “average” i guess from ilv.
Unless the DH isn’t flying off into the sky you can kill them, honestly.

2 Likes

Yeah, DH’s are not op, they are top tier just in PvP, Raids, M+, open world…

14 Likes

Not OP, just unnecessarily annoying to fight against.

3 Likes

Stop crying and get destroyed

1 Like

That says it all.

4 Likes

Bit of a pointless post seeing as your main point is a low geared DH should be able to beat a highly geared player IF DH is OP. Not really the definition when people say that though. It’s more that DH is brain dead afk levels of play and is hard carried by corruption and brainless dodging through blade dance and then meta uptime. DH isn’t particularly OP but it is certainly top tier with a very low skill requirement.

Edit: also yeh as others said your gear sucks so anyone claiming you should be doing mad carrying is an ape.

2 Likes

when talking about DH’s being OP then the talk is about the share amount of utility they have, lets see.
they have a dispel that instead of costing them heave amount of resources(what other dispils vost) they gain resources.
then we have their healing the share amount of leech they gain for nothing makes it possible to heal massive amount of damage without stopping or gimping their damage, where others would need to use cast time, resources or gimp their damage to heal, then there is their AoE and ST rotation is the same.
the share amount of mobility the DH has is makes it very hard to kite them.
then there is the fact mana burn was removed from the game(used to be an old priest spell if memory serves me right) but then decided that ofc the DH that already has massive amount of other abilities to lock people down, then they have 2 stuns, 1 incap and then meta.
that is the problem they simply have to many tools with to few drawbacks.
that is what makes them op.
not to talk about the 1 sec dodge every 9 secs

now assuming close to the same amount of gear then the DH has the advantage most of the time because of its abilities.

4 Likes

Thats a very srupid argument.

And here is tl;dr to your monumental wall of cry text.

DH’s are OP af, in every corner of this game they dominate. The fact you are unable to perform with it even after reroll and hopes that you dont have to know anything or gear up on any class in 8.3 is very naive.

3 Likes

We gone over this in the last thread you made.

It’s you.

8 Likes

Totally agree! All you QQrs always moan and cry about DH but if you look at DPS rankings Legion and BFA DH’s are in the middle of the pack! Also looking at Arena rankings for 2vs2 an 3vs3 DH’s are not in the top places and are very few in the fist 20 placings. Yet Mages and Rogues reign supreme and not a word! Mages have been allowed to be OP for so long and come SL they are on top again… yet you lot never seem to mind? Arcange mages can run circles around you and absorb and heal and do insane damage but that is OK? Rogues have top damage in the game since Legion and in BFA and reading blogs seems they will be on top in SL as well. With there damage they have the best CC and crowd control abilities in the game and excellent heal and escape mechanisms… You have to wait for round two or three to kill a good rogue as they simply vanish if you happen to almost kill one. Yet no complaints on that? And lastly all classes are out of control in BFA as we know Blizzard can’t even balance an egg on a spoon and what corruption and all the RNG just made things so much worse!

1 Like

That was a really big wall of text basically saying “i have bad experiences with my spec because i deal low dmg” and it comes from an undergeard and inexperienced player ofc…
I can’t believe that havoc players actually use the excuse of them not being op because they can die in a stun. How is that any different for any other class if they are stunned without a cd and without support? That is literally how the game works. You can’t say that havoc isn’t op because it doesn’t smack other classes that are 100 ilvl above you when specs like havoc and destro (destro is a second example, not topic of discussion) scales insanely much with the systems that BFA offer in gear progression.

Your gear is bad and you have for sure not invested any time analyzing the strength of your spec at all.
Havoc is considered op because it scales so absurdly much with all the borrowed powers that BFA gives (Aside from having a dead-easy rotation, lots of ultility and having st and aoe built into the same buttons and those few abilities having several extremely strong benefits).

Havoc has extremely strong azerite traits - fx eye beam haste or chaos strike stacks for meme mastery build. Fx the reason you don’t have great results with Rain From Above is because you somehow havn’t figured out that it gets insanely op when paired with 80% haste…

When it comes to essences, dh is a prime example of an abuser of Reaping Flames procs because all their primary dmg spells aside from the builder hits multiple times = more procs. This also goes for minor traits on azerite gear.

Then we have corruptions which have the exact same issues with proc overload due to dh spells hitting multiple times. Havoc has access to ra-den weaps which has the best corruption-value in the game in terms of raw dmg output overall, with it competing even with infinite stars in pure single target pve fights - and the ra-den proc cleaves which just shows how insanely overtuned it is.
Aside from ra-den havoc also procs gushing at the highest rate in the game (due to multiple hits again), and gushing is ofc insane in pvp due to bleed dmg and great dmg value.

git gud

4 Likes

Basically The tldr

2 Likes

Don’t worry, all the scrublord fotm DH’s will be in the gutter come pre-patch, when their class is in a ditch and their versa/gushing stacking corruptions can no longer win 99% of their fights for them.

The salt mining will be delicious.

6 Likes

This is true for mostly any class, every toon can be OP with a high gear and corruption. I mean in BGs at equal gear my destro, SP, balance deal much more damage than my DH.

I think it is more 1vs1 situations against other DPS where havocs are generally good

But if we had to vote, geared fire mages are the most OP dps this game has ever vomitted

2 Likes

in what world is dh ‘dominating every corner of the game’?
I mean they don’t dominate pve rn, they’re not even the best mele there. let alone dps class. there was what, 1 team in the arena tournament that ran dh? and hunter/mage dominated the mdi, if you believe its ‘cos of dh being op’ that they even made it into any team, you’re either being highly disingenuous or you’re stupid af. if you learn how to counter you’ll be fine.

2 Likes

You wrote a huge wall of text as well.
I think the point of ‘you can die in a stun’ is more, you can pre blur a stun as dh and die anyway, which is only going to be worse when its nerfed 15%.
Havoc ‘scaling’ well is kinda a misunderstanding, havoc gets held up by new poorly designed systems, rather than being ‘op’ to start with.

Every class has good azerite, if havoc didn’t have the haste % from eyebeam it’d be garbage and wouldn’t scale at all. Its the whole reason they baked it into the build in beta. Cos otherwise the class would be awful at the start and get progressively worse as the xpac went on.
The mastery build is retarded. Its also not the only build like it. But its pretty obvious to see when someone is playing it. If you cc them out, they’ll do no dmg at all when the windows passed. Yw.
Useful tip number 2: line of sight rain, then it literally does nothing. Yw.

You don’t understand how this works either so not gonna go into it.

You misunderstand how the weapon works either. Its not the proc its the fact that both weapons have their own individual proc rate that can be increased by haste rating. But yes, its very good.
Infinite stars however, is pure rng. You either get stacks, or you don’t. You either look like a god, or you wait for 6:30mins and get 4 stacks and wonder why you even bother.

Anyway, idk why you’re complaining, you’re literally playing BM hunter in pve. A BM hunter telling people that their class is ‘too simple’ and ‘op’ is kind of a meme in itself no?

Btw, full gushing rogue says hi /wave

1 Like

If rogues are op, how come I see about a thousand times more dhs in bgs and wpvp><

I know rogues stealth but still they used to attack me when I was in a bad position, every single one is gone now.

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like