Did we really have to see Slyvanus 3 times in row in expansion trailers?

Sorry, since when are Lor’themar and the Blood elves reliable? Since when is Baine reliable? Since when are the newly allied race leaders reliable? There’s no reliable character left in the Horde.

1 Like

Lor’themar is relatable to an acceptable degree, he is a generally liked character.Is he perfectly written? He really doesn’t have any meaninfull screen-time anyways to argue that even.

Baine is not relatable, never was, he is the same level of horrible writing as Slyvanas…and obviously he is generally disliked.So I don’t know what to say.Your two examples are different as day and night.In either way, all those remeaning character could’be made reliable, cartoon villian Slyvanas can’t be made relatable at this point.Unsalvagable.

So, to make a conclusion and not delve further, here is to hope we’ll see her ending, one way or another this time.

1 Like

Using the same logic, Sylvanas could’ve been made reliable as well. Any of them could have been written differently, except they weren’t and we have to work with what we got.

Yes, things will hopefully get wrapped up soon enough.

2 Likes

Yes that was possible, but they didn’t go that route.And when they made her scream horde-is-nothing, right after killing the oldest horde veteran(Saurfang), they set a course for her new path now.Which is not with the horde, obviously.

Guess we’ll see how they conclude it, I am just hoping it would be atleast something original so I can say I was wrong when I said she will be Kerrigan v2.That would be atleast something.

Also I apologize, you used the term relatable not reliable. That was my mistake. Shouldn’t be typing and leveling at the same time hehe.

No problem, have fun levelling.

1 Like

Thanks! :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t care much about the cinematics. I care more about content.

And i think we’ve had quite a few OTHER characters hogging the spotlight throughout several expansions in a row.

I find more jarring to have the playable content being repeatedly about Jaina, Thrall, or Anduin, over 3 cinematics of 2 minute duration. Basically because the former makes up an experience i need to relive several years.
And it’s not as if Sylvanas treatment as a character has been positively handled…

1 Like

I’m honestly tired of Thrall coming back just to play the justicar for the Horde. It’s getting tiring.

3 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I haven’t been happy with Slyvanas all this time, yet I am also not happy with staple ol’ reliable jack-of-all-trades Jaina & Thrall duo aswell.

Both feels like beating a dead horse.Sometimes I am thinking, they will go on with those since they never bothered to build fresh and interesting , relatable new lore characters since WCIII.So there is a character shortage going on…

1 Like

It would be worse if they don’t finish her story or wrap it up hastily. I want to see tje conclusionh of her story.

We all know there’s going to be a 4th Sylvanas expansion, they will redeem her and WoWs writing will reach an even lower point.
One of the writers inserted himself into the game as Sylvanas’ boyfriend, and other writers said that Sylvanas isn’t evil and that she won’t die so…

The only way to end Sylvanas’ story properly is with Tyrande’s glaive in her head just for her to wake up in eternal torment in the maw, but the point of the writing lately is to make players angry so they won’t do that.

I rolled dwarf hunter because of the very first scene of the very first WoW cinematic. Like many others, of course!

Yes, yes… I agree. I miss the old school cinematics, because they gave you the impression that we were all just small, more or less irrelevant creatures in a big world. Because that’s what we were.
But anymore, CHAMPIONS!!!

4 Likes

The story situation is not that different from Garrosh. It wouldn’t have been out of place to see him in the cinematics of Cata, MoP and WoD.

I liked Sylvanas’ cinematics. Obviously I’d like to see other characters too but her cinematics were really great. Better than seeing Orcs for the million times.

1 Like

This post reminds me about massive disappointment that was Legion trailer.

When you see the Horde skyship with a shadowy figure… the excitement is rising because you expected Vol’Jin and it turned out to be Sylvanas.

And we will never have an opportunity to see the mon in the cinematic again .

What a scam :-1:

Sure few years later we got Zekhan but he is still not Vol’Jin.

4 Likes

The reaction of that reveal was mostly applause. Watch the original crowd reaction.

I will never understand the sudden fixation for Sylvanas following WoD.

Okay, she was a relevant and important character of Warcraft as a whole. And then suddenly she’s inexplicably at the forefront of everything.

Heck, in the Legion intro she was already acting like Warchief before Vol’jin even died. Why??

I feel like the motives behind this were very meta (some agenda from higher up, or a new voice in the creative department?), and to this day I feel like her most recent arc towards franchise villain has been one of the least genuine stories ever written by Blizzard.

She’s been a vacuum of lore, forcing too much to be about her, it’s tiresome.

Focus on rebuilding the Horde? Nah, we have to chase Sylvanas.

Mend the cracks appearing in the Alliance? Nah, we have to chase Sylvanas.

She’s the equivalent of a black hole.

Fingers crossed for her to vanish as soon as possible.

6 Likes

I don’t care what other people think or care, I’m saying it was a big disappointment to me.

1 Like

Because Blizzard had already planned on his removal. And because Sylvanas is better known amongst the average player base.