Disable the use of alts on forums

Ironic for me to read, since I just got an auto message informing me that one of my posts was apparently reported for “trolling” and will be reviewed by a moderator, which I assume is just because of someone who can’t stand my thoughts and opinions and decided to do just that what you mentioned.

Yes there are positives and negatives to both options. Like i said, i dont care what ppl post on, if its their main or their 10th trolling alt. I usually discuss with the posters opinion and not their armory anyways. I just got extra annoyed during mage tower debacle with all the classic alts with their «hurr durr i did it, so easy peasy, git gud» trolling :laughing:

1 Like

lol I know but I couldn’t adjust the meme lol… trying to find a more suitable genderised one…

Bah. BAH!!! Can’t find one.

This will need to do for Dunkiee Fawlty. (Yes I have decided WoW names can have surnames and yes, this is yours)

See? I was right. No wonder Dunkiee Fawlty keeps a hood on, look at that hair!

1 Like

People like you are perfectly fine and respectful but there are others who enjoy trolling and would be much less likely to troll if they were on their main and held accountable and then there’s also the case of people having conversations with themselves on their alts, etc.

The biggest issue is that because people actually respond to these alt trolls they end up derailing from the main topic of a discussion and ruining it

Restricting classic andy alts from posting outside of the classic forum would reduce the trolling and baiting by 95%

4 Likes

The thing is what do you define as alt and main?

This is my forum Main… well, my only forum toon.

I have an M+ Main which I play the highest keys with. But I love playing my Paladin for everything else, so I think of that as my Main. When I used to PVP, I would have 1 char I would play for that, so that would be my PVP main.

Then again, if we go back in time to another WoW Life, I have another server full of Toons, and my main then was a Rogue. So would I be forced to post on that Rogue because it was my original Main?

1 Like

Instead of a battle tag feature I want a ignore list

1 Like

How do you define alt.

Prove this gnome mage who’s been level 17 or whatever for years now is not my main. I just dance on post boxes on dead classic servers

1 Like

What a nonsense idea. Do you want to make everyone target of harrasment ingame because of people not liking someones view from a forum post??

3 Likes

You just report them if they do that.

1 Like

No, its because the forums just change to any random character, that you dont use ever, while thinking you are using the character you use all the time.

See Ive to actually change Character, everytime I log in - these forums are just bad.

hey i can relate… cross roads mail box was my home for years.

sometimes if i was feeling extra spicy i would change to the crossroads sign post.

i’ve explored the world got awesome loot defeated all kinds of deadly foes… what should i do to celebrate…

it was always the same…

stand on crossroads mailbox and/dance.

1 Like

You are right and I agree, you should be able to express your opinions on these forums without being targeted in-game, but unfortunately, some take advantage of the fact that you can use an alt and are just using it to troll and are pretty much ruining these forums, topics and discussions.

What would you suggest to allow users to post from their alts but to also discourage users from using their alts to have conversations with themselves, troll others and express extreme views?

1 Like

I’m posting on what used to be my IG main but that eventually became my forum main, because of Trust level. Sure, I could be postin’ on my actual main, but I could either move realm or change main altogether, so I’d still loose on the farmed trust.

It’s defo time to use bnet rather than chars.

2 Likes

Maybe that you simply cant change your character until every 6 months just like you cant change your battlenet name for a period of time. No idea.

Anonymity within anonymity?

Two points.

1. Posting on alts (to troll), shows where they’re at mentally, trolling is viewed differently when it’s done on their main.

2. It also shows where you’re at mentally because you see that same difference.

The first “mask” that I have on, that’s me trolling, a second mask would be redundant.

To you, the first mask that I have on, that is the real me, right?..so the second one wouldn’t be redundant…that’s where you’re at mentally.

I’ve always thought it would be so much better if the WoW forums actually worked like every other Blizzard forum and we posted with our Bnet ID.

It would avoid issues like mass flagging via alts, people agreeing with themselves or upvoting themselves on alts etc.

No one can add you as a bnet friend without you accepting the request so it’s not like they can be invasive. My Bnet has been public on sites like Raider io and wowprogress for years and I never accept random invites. I do, however, get people track my character down and send messages or random mail. Mostly they are nice but some are not. I have a friend who is frequently subject to hateful messages because people will just make a char on their server and send mail to them, then delete it. Theoretically character wide ignore should work to cover this but it doesn’t seem to work well and bugs. I’m not sure if this is something Blizz have fixed yet or not.

Essentially everyone can have up to 50 chars per version of WoW per account atm. 50 Retail, 50 Classic, 50 TBCC. That’s a lot of potential to troll.

8 Likes

they need to do something for sure, i LIKE posting on alts, especially when it’s relevant to the thread, i don’t even have a main, i DON’t believe in punishing everyone to catch the guilty, i LOVE the transmog thread, i suppose if them taking the easy road to a fix means a few sacrifices then that’s the way it is, *cynic mode, pretty much their mantra with everything these days anyway.

There is no reason people can’t share screenshots of their transmogs or simply the armory. None of that has to change by making changes to the way people can post on armies of alts.

1 Like