🍸 [DISBANDED] The Family and Companies: Closed for Business! - Criminal Guild

So how or why would they accept this IC if they think the Farakki are enemies? Other than your “i got papers, accept them”

why play a sand troll anyway, sand is ew

it gets like, everywhere, i still have nightmares from my trip to the beach

unless sand trolls get like, protective layers or anti-sand oils because then i can understand the appeal

2 Likes

how do you know that people just disliked it OOC and rejected it based on that, did you read their minds?

do u think everyone should instantly fall to a knee before anyone that manages to get their hands on a Horde insignia and anything else is some mean-spirited OOC attack?

I’m still not seeing anything other than “I played a hated troll tribe and got treated accordingly”

1 Like

I wish i could upload a picture of Anakin.

Post your car

1 Like

Generally the pleas from my character who was in her casual clothes and constantly begging people to just leave her alone involved showing her badge and papers, yes. These were naturally, largely ignored. There was no attempt to even engage in any of the avenues that could have allowed the dynamic of incredulity be challenged by way of RPing this situation out, because in this situation, who RPs the NPCs that allowed her in and made her an honorary member? If there was honest engagement with this, they’d be able to be told that yes in fact, it was all above board. That didn’t mean they had to like it of course and as I have mentioned innumerable times prior, this was the case for four or five people who I had already RPed out that disdain with.

Because when I pointed out that she was a Horde member, they told me so.

their skin is toughened and sun-dried to withstand harsh weathers and so sand doesn’t really cause them any irritation or fuss :woman_teacher:

I dunno, personally if there was a character who was dressed up in a Defias or Scarlet uniform in Stormwind for example, I’m not gonna have my character act with scepticism because I have “disdain for the concept”, I’m gonna have them act with scepticism becauase they don’t want to get stabbed or burned in holy fire.

Forgive me if that’s completely an apt analogy, I’m not particularly well-versed in troll lore but I assume that the farraki were wrong-doers and thus their presence would, at the very least, raise a few eyebrows.

3 Likes

IC trust issues is what it is (for good reason). Has nothing to do with OOC disdain as they seem to think for some reason.

Did they tell you “haha i will evilly continue to RP being mean” or did they tell you something more in the spirit of “I’m not sure why you’re telling me this OOC”

2 Likes

If you see me playing Brokensun in the Ebon Onslaught during one of the rare instances I travel to a hub city, you should walk up + start rping with me

I think that’d be cool

Personally though I think its really weak as an argument to just go “but the npcs pardoned her, let her in” as it can then be used for litterally everything.

My gnome is now a honorary member of the Horde. Orc Grunt NPC said so.

2 Likes

Lok’tar, tiny cursed titan creation.

3 Likes

Lok’tar friend. I challenge you to Mak’Gora.

2 Likes

Grunt instantly regrets letting in the bloodthirsty gnome

1 Like

I would advise against comparing someone’s race as automatically branding them as being a specific way in the same way as someone brandishing symbols of allegiance to a creed.

Isn’t it a specific tribe that they’d pledge allegience to?

Why? this is basically the norm in the setting of WoW.

3 Likes

Are you about to compare IC wow races to irl races epicly?

Let this not distract you all from the fact that John Cena won the 2016 world championship.

6 Likes