šŸø [DISBANDED] The Family and Companies: Closed for Business! - Criminal Guild

Whereā€™s the lore source on that? Myself, like many others in the largest troll community on the server all accept that Farraki are NOT part of the Horde because thereā€™s no given lore source on it. Blizzard themselves have confirmed thereā€™s no lore on Farraki joining the Horde and that the customisations that were given are purely cosmetic.

1 Like

They have every right to, I just wish when people post about a topic that on the surface looks like a basic post, they then wouldnā€™t bring a load of negative stuff in, add PCU somewhere in the sentence and then light the blue touch paper and stand back to watch the fireworks!

I wish we had gotten even more Voidy looking colors for them, but I went straight to give purple to my own voidies I admit. The blue is like the normal skintones to give an option for high elf roleplayers (in theory they could have green too but I canā€™t remember a lore high elf dabbling in fel at the moment. It was not the reason for their exil, but itā€™s still more the blood elf shtick.)

Still for the water as we are reading dialogs translated into english! ā€¦ Or I guess it could mean ā€œfear of homeā€.

1 Like

Lore-wise, Farraki are some of the most brutal tribes out there, it would be a crime not to embrace antagonism when rping one ā€¦

2 Likes

On the topic of Farraki and antagonistic races, Iā€™m curious to know what peopleā€™s thoughts are on roleplaying them as part of mercenary groups in/around Horde territory. Now, I canā€™t think of an example where the Horde have hired non-Horde races in a mercenary capacity outside of the Vashjā€™ir introductory quests, but I assume that thereā€™s some basis for that vs Farraki etc actually being inside the Horde.

The pirates in Tiragarde Sound count, I reckon.

It seems fine to me so long as people donā€™t presume that means theyā€™d be welcomed by the (majority of the) Horde.

Tiragarde was really boring for me so I didnā€™t do all the quests there, can you extrapolate on that a bit?

Youā€™re more than welcome to do that and I think it would be an interesting talk but I think you seriously underestimate how diplomatic we are as it is

For a familiar example - the central argument in this thread is about guild infiltration, right? About ten years ago when something like that came out there was at least 200 threads dragging Hrothgarr and that stuff is referenced to this day

When it happened to us we just removed the involved people and said nothing on it - which IMO is very restrained because I would have found it pretty funny to leave a very scathing yelp review at the time and it would have been 100% justified. We posted here only when somebody tried to repackage their failure as a community leader - focusing more on OOC politics and crazy schemes than roleplay - as the fault of a community that had never really had much contact with them

If the PCU gave back even 10% of what we get, people would be weeping in the streets and I have found that there are many people that wonā€™t meet in the middle no matter how gently you talk to them

Maybe half a decade ago bro ā€¦

Iā€™m sure you will angrily bring it up in trade chat as soon as you get your breath back

Added in the Shadowlands prepatch

Thanks for accidentally agreeing my absolute verified chicken legend

This is cap based purely on me not being very present in the Rotgarde at all. Skabb is the head officer & effectively the GM and has been for many many months

Iā€™m glad they got a chance to see what an active and well-run guildā€™s roster looked like before they quit

So your judgement in 2021 comes from a distinctly pre-PCU era because what was then for most part a group of teenagers was pressed the dislike button on your thread

That is just mainly funny and if youā€™re spending many of your hours contemplating forum arguments from 5-10 years ago then I think that is maybe a little bit unreal

7 Likes

The Horde recruited human pirates against Kul tiras.

1 Like

It is also in-game canon that if you wander into Dazarā€™alor and mow down Sandfury and other ā€˜lesser tribesā€™ that the Zandalari donā€™t bat an eye.

During Rastakhanā€™s funeral you can take down mobs that Blizzard specifically made neutral and killable. Nobody cares about dead sand trolls.

The concept of Farraki mercenary is alright. Perhaps they were exiled from their tribe, perhaps they donā€™t give a damn about anything else but coin; all depends on backstory.

But then again, I doubt they would be welcome in Orgrimmar itself. A lot of mercenary guilds however seem to be based outside the city so I guess thatā€™s all cool.

Bunch of pirates want to overthrow their captain to help the Horde and get independence in turn. Horde helps, get to use their harbor as a landing site for forces in Tiragarde. TL:DR; Mutual benefit and allies

Bring on de revolution. Eat all de richmons.

1 Like

seems fine to me so long as these mercenaries arenā€™t just excuses to do social in a capital city of the Horde. If I hire bloodthirsty unstable trolls as mercs you can be sure i wonā€™t invite them home.

2 Likes

damn, I was gonna sell alcohol to The FamiIy

I imagine Barbour would be 100% diplomatic after a corpse is left in Orgrimmar called ā€œBarbours -parent-ā€ for over a month.

2 Likes

I think youā€™re absolutely right. Iā€™m a naive idealist at heart, and thatā€™s my weakness. Luckily, I know it. But it still makes me prone to making wanky statements.

ā€¦ Speaking of. Yeah, I missed the mark on that one.

On the topic of the Farakki - the player character Troll is meant to be Darkspear. If it was a proper Farakki skin, itā€™d have black tusks. Either way, having Farakki around simply because of the Zandalari Empire, aka: allies, seems reasonable enough, though theyā€™ve definitely not sworn the Blood Oath of the Horde (yet).

4 Likes

I donā€™t blame you because you are fundamentally right but the sad truth is that if youā€™re talking to someone who has (for example) fermented a 10 year old forum argument into the core aspect of their online persona, you will not be able to reach any understanding with them. I think youā€™re about to get an example of that in this thread

1 Like

Source in 10 char