🍾 [DISBANDED] The Family and Companies: Closed for Business! - Criminal Guild

From what I recall Chiel once joined another guild on an alt.

Omg who does that
 Wow she’s awful

But other than that, we never aim to infiltrate other guilds or ruin them lol. Thats just dumb

1 Like

It begins

4 Likes

When a rat walks up to a death knight’s necrotic aura it dies as a side effect

21 Likes

Some might say it’s equally as dumb a claim as someone going on a wild tangent about RP becoming a monopoly of a certain group and how everyone else is bullied into silence/submission

Way to crap the bed with a goodbye post lol

Just FYI, people who are famous to some degree commonly make new accounts and stuff to see things from a strangers perspective. People want to enjoy things without everyone knowing who they are and judging based off of their reputation. People want to be treated like normal strangers, this is a common thing in the whole world.

I am sure the thought was the same in this scenario. Overthinking things and assuming the worst is just silly

4 Likes

What kind of cope is this?

13 Likes

the inability of a subset of this community not to invoke hitler and ‘atrocities’ (???) when talking about videogame roleplayers they disagree with is one of this server’s longest running embarrassments

16 Likes

Just wishing well to all involved members in future endeavors. The Family was a blast to interact with and have around. From the casual bar nights to exciting conflict with characters among them. Take care onwards, and hope to keep in touch!

3 Likes

A guild that specifically did not want to recruit them, with the alt being on a different game license + different identity and also instantly involved in making a background discord where they seemed specifically interested in undermining the GM of said guild

Kind of convenient and funny to omit that I think

If you mean “we” as a guild, that might well be true. A specific individual absolutely did

How does this apply to this situation exactly

22 Likes

While I believe thinly veiled insults and callouts (from all sides) are incredibly cringe and backwards. I’ll just say this comes off as extremely weird and egotistical.

I do however wish you, and the rest of the guild good luck, and hope you can find yourself a guild where you can have fun.

1 Like

Feels like people are completely missing my point lol

AFAIK the guild Chiel joined was never against inviting any of us but whatever. The point was, there’s tons of people out there who will hide their identities so they can avoid being treated in certain ways based on the reputation they may have. Good or bad. Chiel was a quite well known GM and player, so she had quite the reputation that lead to people treating her in certain ways.

Thus she made herself hidden on an alt so she could just play casually on the side without the hassle of being so well known.

The claims that she tried to overtake the guild she joined are nonsense thought up by paranoid people

Best of luck out there in the real world to all of you. I don’t come to Kalimdor a lot, but the community initiatives you guys put on always sounded grand.

5 Likes

I believe you’ve either not heard anything off it/been fed an alternate reality story, or you’re currently being wilfully ignorant of why Chiel joined said guild.

1 Like

Sure I must be misinformed :joy:

I just love WoW forums, full of funny people.

Take care y’all

OK 
 is that not their choice? Is a guild not allowed to have a say with regards to its membership? I don’t think that’s a reasonable position to take

So your argument is “if you’re famous enough on Argent Dawn EU guild infiltration / misleading people about your identity / doing ‘dude 
 I read The Prince’ tier discord politics” is OK ?

I don’t know if “my friend is super famous so they are the James Bond of Argent Dawn now” is a really good position either man

Or more accurately a series of pastebins leaked by a member of the background discord in question lol

22 Likes

I’ll miss you and the guild, Chiel. Was always good to see you lot around, even if I did not come around to the bar all that often!

4 Likes

Glad you weren’t privy to the real reason for your guild leader leaving a blog post ranting about the state of Horde RP then lol

take care

3 Likes

Yeh I’m also sure you are at this point

2 Likes

Remember, RP is not real, this is just a game. Take care of yourselves, your mental health and the relationships you have outside of the game. Think about what you devote your time and yourself to.

AD has a nasty habbit of creating circles where people fall deeper and deeper into a rabbit hole, like many other virtual spaces as it is. Either way, wishing Chiel luck on what they’ve got ahead in their life!

20 Likes

Am I famous enough to warrant a second account?

6 Likes