Disconnected with WOW51900319 message

Hey all,

I have some troubles with disconnections. I am disconnected from WoW almost every hour when I play. Same issue with all my characters. I read some people have the same issue, but dunno how to fix it. I tried every single step from this article: https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/21758

It doesn’t help at all. It seems my internet connection is fine, because I have music on background and other pages and they run ok. Can you help me with that? I don’t know what to do anymore, it’s really annoying. It started about month ago. It doesn’t occur ever before. I just want to play like before and experience the full game without annoying disconnects!

I’m playing on EU-Lightbringer. Thanks!

Same, started disconnecting after an update. Reported the same issue in April

But the disconnects are more like every 10 mins. I received no assistance, but the issue resolved itself after about a week, which is frustrating.

sam eproblem here. blizzard have my ticket on 5-10 sec freeze that leads to 319, or just 319 directly. i did MTR and miiight be level3 net thats ***** up. (CDN).
i have done all thats in blizzard`s support post. even did a ip release/renew / dnsflush / ip stack reset, and modem did get a hardreset and reinnstall of fw.
dont know what ells to do from my side. …still… dev / tech aint got a clue…
after paying alot of cashis for playing this nonstop without a stop on payment since feb 2007… i wondering to let it go…

Problem solved here! And same as in your case. By itself. It stopped. No more disconnects. Today I’m playing for like 10 hours straight and everything is fine, not even one disconnect with this number. It’s really frustrating. It seems problem was on Blizzard side, but we don’t know for sure. I’m just glad it’s fine now.