Discounted Bulk Character Transfer - Coming Soon™

Well this was unexpected.

Edit: I see a Blue bumped a topic with a different title confirming it.

8 Likes

Given the importance they put on realms these days (aka you must migrate to play Mythic raids or go to RP realms to get a persistent open world and that’s it) I don’t even know why they still have realm transfers. Seems utterly pointless.

Nevertheless, assuming they can get back some of that server community, I think this is an excellent addition. It’s always been a pain i nthe backside to have to pay hundreds and hundreds of euros to migrate all your characters of one server to another.

This should be free. In fact if you play on dead realms you should get 90% discount on sub

7 Likes

I mean, that is absolutely impossible to monitor.

There shouldn’t be dead realms. Dead realms are a result of too high population caps and the migrate feature, while faction imbalance are a result of having the same queue for both factions.

Imagine if the population caps and number of servers were set up such that you literally had to spread out evenly or you risked queues. That would just solve this whole thing immediately.

Oh well.

Funny, after i transfered yesterday my main on Classic because my realm Shazzrah is beyond saving. Still a good thing those that have more chars I’d say will benefit because majority of realms are dying. I have left some important alts on my old realm, I might consider a bulk transfer IF the price is decent.

Also, I’m curious since the post doesn’t mention if it’s either for retail or classic, or both. I’d go for both for now since there are no specifics as of yet.

1 Like

Cringe moment , capitalizing on transfers XD

2 Likes

Why transfer when you can just wait 2 years and they’ll link your dead realm with another dead realm?

it’s 2021 not 1991

2 Likes

I think the biggest, dumbest issue in WoW is the fact that there are (probably) thousands of guilds that can’t progress because they lack a few people. the fragmentation of the playerbase between the servers (and the lack of content alternative to raiding) is causing entire guilds to become inactive.
from a design perspective this is an epic fail

1 Like

Agree on this, especially in most cases as we can all see one another because of sharding, least on non-RP realms.

The issue with servers and merging is that over time there has only ever been one solution that I’ve seen work, and that was essentially archiving the originals and getting everyone moved onto new servers from those dead servers.

I wouldn’t buy this, one because cross faction play will be a thing sometime soon. They don’t have enough players to keep the status quo for much longer.

And B) a lot of these high/full pop realms are horde filled, not alliance filled, so a shift in a singular or mass basis wouldn’t help me as an alliance main.

All of that and I like my main realm pair, I’ve been there for over ten years and I don’t do any end game content anymore either. I also like the names I have.

1 Like

hell yea please give some discounts too for the poor remaining alliance mains so they can finally join the light

I am really curious about the pricing for this service. However this should be for free in my opinion. Of course there would be limit for 1 transfer per year or something.

If the price is decent, I am taking all my characters from dead Earthshaker and I will start playing TBC classic again…

If Blizzard finish the connections they originally promised and started to do, then I will be the first to cheer for the discounted bundle. Until they do this, I personally hate this bundle promotion, it’s offering players a way to transfer off the dead realms that Blizzard should have connected anyway!!!

Finish the connections please Blizzard then I am sure many players will appreciate this gesture as it should be, just a nice bonus and not them finishing the connections for you.

1 Like

To be honest they should give us all a one time free move for all our chars to the realms/factions we want ,either that or make everything account bound . But they should do as Emje said and do more connections before even thinking about placing more money in there pockets !

2 Likes

Any news on this? I’ll be interested to see what the costs are and if it is a sensible deal.

I am also eagerly awaiting news on this.

My server is so dead that holiday group events and bosses (these days, Doomwalker) are impossible to do and the economy is down the drain. The other night in prime time, we were 3 people in SW and 2 in Org - myself included.

Despite that, we were passed over during the latest realm connections, where all other RP and former RP-PvP realms (except Argent Dawn, of course) were connected, leaving us out.
Being an RP realm also means that we don’t have cross-realm-zoning giving some illusion of a population like they do on normal realms - no, since the rest of the RP realms now have a healthy population, they are kept in their own bubbles and we’re lonely in ours.

I stopped playing, desillusioned, and every time I come back it’s worse. There is only one solution left if I ever want to play again without that desillusioned feeling, and that is transferring my characters.

So please, give us some news on this soon. I was just about to cave in and transfer one or two to start with, and then you annouce this…
So, eagerly awaiting more news!

Unfortunately yeah it is ! There is nothing to be proud about being in 2021 compared to how easy and good it still was in 91…

What happend with this? I need to transfer my chars from the dead server to the better one asap :frowning: But factionchange+transfer for 6 chars is waaaaay to much money. Can we get any new news on this Blizz?

2 Likes