Discrimination

One word of advice OP if you do not want people to find your other chars change your pets and hide your achivements so you can troll freely :wink:

Which one?

Sure thing. He stated that the forum moderators are accepting of “disrespecting and hating everyone”. He also stated that the Staff “actually supports” agressive and disrespectful behavior. So his opening post is already breaking the “Harassing or Defamatory” part of the CoC.

Whether one wants to support his claim or not is another story. However as this is a generalization towards the entire staff and condemning them all (the “bads” as well as the good ones) this is a subject im not willing to touch.

2 Likes

Because touching that subject will break the ToS and get you banned xD

If i condemn and generalize them all yes. If i say however that there are some that do a very bad job while others do a proper one that is completely fine and in the lines of what is allowed (and i have said that a lot of times in recent history). Saying that the staff in general supports the above mentioned stuff from the OP that is a clear violation of the forum rules however is not.

1 Like

His first post on one of the aforementioned threads consisted of calling people toxic and being overtly confrontational, whether that is deemed against ToS is subjective, but it was nothing more than trolling for a response, one the OP could so easily avoided if they had been adult and reasonable with their subject matter.

He also insulted people further down the post with masked language.

Yes I was one of the posters who flagged the posts, If the OP had approached the subject as an adult there may have been some valid points, alas…they didn’t, there weren’t.

Don’t think that being a “adult” have much to do with,but I guess that is its own argument:)

Well when you see people resort to childish claims and comments, I think the question of whether the poster is an adult is quite accurate. If someone wants to put forward an opinion or an argument that they believe in, then starting off by insulting others isn’t the way to go, and the responses given later in the same thread, and indeed this thread proves a point.

Edit: typo

1 Like

Being adult year-wise does not guarantee being adult in the noggin.

First of all, both the posts are still open and not locked and only the op about solo content are hidden, mainly because you start of confrontative.
This post is worse even, as you start by making accusations both against other posters and against the forum staff.
No action has been made regarding the threads but I see that some of your answers have been removed, and rightly so.

In your post about Oondasta taming, people was actually answering you knidly and with respect, even if they disagreed with you and your response was everything but nice.

If you call out others to be toxic, you might look at yourself firstly before throwing rocks in a glass house.

By knitting your own victim coat and making this about discrimination is just an insult against people who actually are victims of that.

You talk about freedom of speech and your right to express that but become exceptional confrontative when others use the same rights to disagree with you.

It is no wonder that this op is flagged and hidden s well.

4 Likes

imo, the oondasta topic wasnt even bad in itself, raising a fair question/discussion, if op didnt go in such a condescending, childish, snarky and insulting way about it.

1 Like

Well in all fairness all posts, if approached with a mature attitude had relevant points worthy of discussion, alas the OP just wanted to appear as a fool.

Precisely. People were quite civil at start but when they disagreed with op or had a different angle about it, he went abusive quite fast. It might be that the op doesn’t have English as his native language and doesn’t really understand what he really writes, but that is really not an excuse for such snarky remarks if he, like here, addresses freedom of speech as an issue.

3 Likes

i dont think freedom of speech or non native speaker is the problem here. the problem is its one of those “agree with me or else”- threads.

he probably didnt want a discussion in the first place but expected everyone to agree and give him a pat on his back. :woman_shrugging: at least it seemed like it since its not too different from his previous thread.

2 Likes

to be fair, seeing his/her/other threads the English is more than passable and acceptable.

well, yes, thats why i said this isnt the problem. :slight_smile:

Uhhh yeahhh…more drama, Karen! I can feel it .

Often when people cry about being discriminated against, it’s due to their very own behaviour and an intrinsic problem! But it’s easier to see it as a general discrimination instead of facing the fact that it is just YOU as a person that people have a problem with…

1 Like

I think you possibly meant ‘discerning’.

Or it could mean that your topic contained insults or breaches of the Code of Conduct…Just a possibility.

Yes you can, you could have opened a ticket and queried it. You would be able to find where your post was, and there would certainly be a record.

I think you will find that you did…

I think you will find that your tone and language of address was not friendly. You do of course have the right to express yourself. Just as others have the right to censure your opinion if it is roundly believed to be a foolish, insulting or unpleasant one.

Some examples of this, would go a long way to supporting your claim that such is in fact, the case.

That is most certainly not against any bill of human rights in any nation on earth, and to use such emotive terms is frivolous in the extreme. You cannot feel discriminated -against- because the censure was not due to who you intrinsically -are-, but because of how you addressed other people.

Actually, not really. It is regarded as unscrupulous, and some nations like the USA do have ‘Antitrust’ laws, and others have organisations like the Monopolies and Mergers Commission, but it would simply not apply in this case. There is not a monopoly on the forums, nor would one be possible to effect.

You -could- make an argument that Blizzard have a monopoly on -these- forums, but that is because it is -their- property. For it truly to be a Monopoly they would also need to have control of most or every other gaming forum in existence, which they do not. I own the key to my house, does that mean I have a monopoly on Keys? No, just the Key that is my own property. I cannot govern what other people do with their house keys (I Mean possibly if I had a pistol to their head, but that then comes down to criminal activity).

I think you will find it is entirely possible to behave like a decent human being, even whilst being mildly chiding and sarcastic, and not fall afoul of being reported or censured. Perhaps if it is respect you crave, as it seems that you do, you could try behaving in a respectful manner to others, instead of descending to name calling when people disagree with you?