[Discussion] IC Racism is perfectly fine in Warcraft

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/431113366350725121/663799419778629705/unknown.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/431113366350725121/663799344020848640/unknown.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/431113366350725121/663799316690894851/unknown.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/431113366350725121/663798051768631296/unknown.png

Here i managed to fish up examples of two people where it feels really really OOC by the people

3 Likes

What’s with that last one? Why’d the community one is a part of be so important to mention it during RP?

3 Likes

As you know, some people hate the PCU simple as that. While doing this town crier stuff we have had people who really enjoyed the rp and told us they did, but then doing a complete 180 when they find out that we infact are PCU (not that we try and hide it). Simple as that

3 Likes

Hate us 'cause they aint us

2 Likes

That person regularly engages pcu members ic or in pms, runs off, blocks, and starts pm spamming about what fascists and n*zis we are

They’re a bit unhinged

2 Likes

Because in people’s minds PCU is all about spreading hate.

We are here to make RP, and people are not happy how it turns out, because they want to stay put, put in their OOC info “approch im shai” and be like a slob.

Really sad to see this.

3 Likes

We don’t know as we’ve not been given an answer yet.

We’ll update you as soon as we are able.

3 Likes

Why not just… not engage with people if you dislike them/the community they’re part of/their guild?

2 Likes

They make it their sole mission to hamper the roleplay areas with their interruptions and out of character laced dialogue.

Plus, these areas are ‘public’ areas and are free for all the roleplay in. They can stay and so can we.

4 Likes

That or they can just admit that free rp is being created for them to interact with that can lead to something really interesting and that they don’t actually hate what the PCU does and wish it could be them

2 Likes

At first, town crier didn’t mention they were a part of PCU. Everyone was happy with RP.

When they did - PCU BAD! TOWN CRIER RACIST.

This pure hatred towards people, who are there just to create interesting RP is astonishing. People are misinformed about PCU, thinking of us like of some savages.

2 Likes

To be fair, they were calling me racist even before it was mentioned that I was PCU.

4 Likes

I should create an alt and engage in this stuff some day… any idea if Aurolenn could use some help with her stuff? :thinking:

2 Likes

It’s terrifying how accurate this is, luckily some of them see reason when you approach them and correct them when they call you a german n-word.

Sadly others stick in their ways of “My GM/officers/friends said PCU is bad and do evil things. Therefore it must be true”
Spend a couple of years rping with such people myself, went to finally check out the PCU on my own. Its pretty clear how much PCU has been lied about and not at all bad people as made out to be.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t know, but we are always happy to give feedback and help fellow roleplayers out with their stories so that everyone can have a great time!

4 Likes

Tbh it’s understandable that trying to create tensions towards one specific race that had to suffer already a lot of lynching since the first days may get negative reactions. Some players might just be fed up with such attempts to have players constantly hate on them and be prone to overreacting.

We can accuse that atleast some velves are reacting on an OOC basis (its obvious there) but isn’t this heavy dislike for velves also motivated by OOC basis aswell (in that a lot of people dislike their concept)? I never saw this attitude against DKs.

They are paying customers and therefore free to react in a defensive way imo and so are you to try to gather attention through this initiative.
Either way, I don’t think stressing this “I am creating RP so you should be thankful to me” is a positive attitude. You want to do this? It’s alright, but don’t expect you’re entitled to a special treatment. Let players react accordingly to their preferences.

: ) an accomplice is always welcome. Life on the run gets tricky.

2 Likes

You say this as if we can force them to do otherwise (we can’t sadly)

2 Likes

Apparently, their preferences is out-of-character laced dialogue and screaming ‘racist’ which doesn’t make sense in-character.

2 Likes

We are not entitled special treatment, but they give it to us by targeting town crier OOCly, mentioning their PCU affiliation.

3 Likes