[Discussion] IC Racism is perfectly fine in Warcraft

ok I’ll see u in orgrimmar

1 Like

The High King invites you to Lake Everstill.

1 Like

It’s my personal headcanon that SI:7 definitely keep tabs on suspected “dissidents” in Stormwind, especially given the large refugee populations the city hosts.

Then again, this might be a bit dark for Anduin’s Alliance.

But is it really Anduin’s alliance? Or are the Void Elves pulling the strings?

1 Like

I only care about HIGH TiNkER Mekkatorque, whose hegemony extends across the twin nations of Gnomekind in glorious partnership.

I do believe, however, that Baine is currently enjoying a little cohabitation and he and Anduin are looking forward to their joint project. :pray:

1 Like

The same alliance that torches peoples’ homes because they carried goods for the wrong colour, and the same alliance that indulges in massive suicide strikes as a mere distraction?

2 Likes

Or the same Alliance that has necrovoid mages raise massive unholy aberrations with the skeletal remains of an empire’s livestock/wildlife to cause a blow to morale, then get congratulated by a Lightforged paragon of Light for helping out with the desecration of the dead and necromancy

I mean, that Voidosaurus-Rex -is- pretty cool.

The children of a Wild God.

1 Like

I think this was explicitly mentioned in the RPG but it’s ages since I read it. Stormwind really should be way more peaceful than it is considering that part of their law enforcement is government-sanctioned assassins…

I regret typing anything. It’s just a sarcastic aside, guys, don’t take it as my strident belief.

Yes, the Alliance does bad/not nice things but I’d rather get not get into the dynamics of it or we’ll end up having the same super cyclical conversation about morality and lore that’s been had ad infinitum on the forums. I’m pretty sure the positions are well rehearsed by the point.

It’s going to end either in a really antagonising polarisation of opinions or somebody will mention the word ‘genocide’ and all the pedants will come out to debate definitions.

I’m very sorry.

4 Likes

How dare you say that about x faction. Don’t you know what y faction did last expansion!?

3 Likes

High King cannot forbid that which High King knows nothing about.

SI:7 watching high elves or pandaren much more closely makes a lot of sense since those two races exist in Horde too (there are some blood elves with blue eyes in the game).

No? Pandaren, sure, but why would they watch high elves? There’s no racial distinction between the high elves and blood elves, they are the same race, some of the former are merely a lil bit tainted by fel magic. By calling themselves high elves, they are politically aligning with the Alliance’s cause, and prove as much in both word and deed-

You said it yourself. The high elven alignment is literally a word of good faith, just like it is for pandaren. I am pretty sure that’s a very easy concept to grasp. :slight_smile:

Kinda answered your own question over there

chill chill, my point wasn’t so much a ‘blue bad red good’ as it was ‘Anduin’s alliance does dark stuff every other week or so’

You agree that there’s no racial distinction, which is also the case for pandaren, so why is watching pandaren legit but watching high elves isn’t?

1 Like

we are forum comrades in arms yet my brother

Because something “lol pandas” despite it being 2020?

Possiby because High Elf alignment with the Alliance, extends to before the current Alliance was a thing?

Like High Elves have allways been part of the Alliance, they were even in the grand daddy alliance and so on.