[Discussion] IC Racism is perfectly fine in Warcraft

Okay, but that’s not real lore.

It’s made up doodoo.

Why be upset at people being distrustful of you when you can instead disregard them entirely as irrelevant gnats?

this post endorsed by the ebon blade

7 Likes

I think it originates a bit from as well that back in Vanilla, warlocks were more hush hush. Alot of the quests involved secrecy and a general vibe of barely tolerated at best.

Yeah, but there are no such thing as warlock license! D:

All these licenses, paperwork and “i have authority for this specefic situation and you do not, here are my papers!!” just seems to be too much if you ask me. I don’t imagine everything being that heavily and well documented every time in stormwind or just the alliance in general to be honest.

2 Likes

Nope! But it’s still amusing to counter-argue it in character instead of going “I WILL IGNORE YOU!”

Sin’Dorei warlock who uses portal magic residing in Stormwind has a whole binder that they carry around with all of their licenses to show people on demand.

My new main.

3 Likes

I would just go with ‘‘Got a license to ask about others licenses? May I see it?’’

Stop watching me thanks

2 Likes

Every time a void elf is bullied an angel earns its wings. :pray:

1 Like

You are my main.

3 Likes

I simply have a license for every license that is used against me. You’re licensed to be a blood elf in Stormwind? I’m licensed to remove licensed blood elves.

2 Likes

If anything, WoW seem to use very basic things for identification/laws in general.

Instead of licenses, what we tend to see in the lore is just people having some sort of insignia/badge and showing it, and it seems to be accepted without any saftey checks, so yeah not alot of regulations.

3 Likes

The only paperwork I can even THINK of is the trash item from BfA which is a bunch of goblin insurance paperwork. It seems appropriate that they’re the only ones actually dealing with it in any big way.

3 Likes

There’s also the big contract between Ashvane and the Freehold pirates.

2 Likes

I want to like your post, but it keeps telling me I have to wait 1 minute.

I’m too casual with my like handouts.

2 Likes

Think there is also one with the venture co. But they are also goblin run, so makes sense.

It’s all headcanon. Doesn’t exist in Warcraft.

I mean come on man. Our playercharacter guy/girl goes literally around and takes quests to then go to another place and just murder everyone.

Do you really think people would go year 2020 style around and be like “YOU GOT A LICENSE FOR THAT?”. A guard NPC straight up runs to you and starts murdering you if you’re Horde. Anyone else is either murdered on the spot or thrown into the Stockades, if you’re not pesky enough.

Licenses would imply that you can get (learn XYZ thing) or buy them from some place. Tell me who would “teach you the safe ways of fel magic”? Or demon summoning?

Or maybe it’s like with a gun license? You have to complete X amount of hours on a fel shooting range before you get it. :^)

It’s just their IRL over-bureaucracy blending into roleplay. No, these things do not exist in Warcraft because how and who would even give them out? The Stormwind assigned warlock group?

In Warcraft it always is blast first and asks questions later. Remember that one quest where a human girl / troll is spying for the Kirin Tor on the Scourge? I think it’s in Dragonblight. You know what the Kirin Tor do? Blast fools, discover the letter. First sentence by the NPC you bring it in? “So we just sent you to kill her/him… Right?.. Ooops”.

Do you have a license for posting this much logic?

On top of that, you can literally make every license on the spot. I could RP warlock who makes portal to middle of nowhere and when asked about warlock and portal license, I could just do:
/e gives the guard both warlock and portal license.

How is that interesting or engaging roleplay mechanic?

4 Likes