[Discussion] IC Racism is perfectly fine in Warcraft

Who doesn’t love bureaucratic nonsense in a fantasy videogame! Why be a hero when you can be a diligent employee.

Hands Dorlas a fantabulous license that allow Athramus to break the fourth wall.

That’s how my mage sees it, she’s just going to keep researching and keep applying it to her spells until something else happens.

remember the velf intro when you make a new character and as soon as you enter Stormwind you are handed a license that you aren’t allowed to lose ever or you’ll be KoS as a rogue ren’dorei

My favourite part was when Anduin wrapped a giant cotton wool blanket around your character and said : “hush baby, no more hurt any more, you’re safe here.” And then kisses your characters cheek, now that I think about it Anduin seems a bit creepy and unusually invested here…

1 Like

The way he kept telling my void elf to call him Uncle Wrynn was a bit odd, too.

Yeah he licked my character’s ear too and then i felt dirty so I had to delete it. What were the writers thinking?

1 Like

This is probably the worst offender to it.

Not only do licenses in Warcraft not exist, but they straight up are made up items. They aren’t some item that you carry around with, like a lute in lotro. Where if you don’t have a lute, you can’t play X accord. You can just make stuff up on the spot.

Edit: Or to give you a more prominent example:

in another game you could aquire licenses which were shown with /licenses. If you put a playername behind it, you could show it to the other player. So if you were driving without a license, it instantly showed and you had an actual ingame thing where it was displayed. This does not exist in any way, shape or form in Warcraft. Except TRP3 extended which barely anyone uses.

“Where is your warlock license?”

Pulls his warlock license out, together with another license that allows him to run around freely with an army of imps at his side

“Now what?”

There certainly are two sides to this whole license non sense.

Sir, this is a Wallmart.

2 Likes

Did they changed it so other players around see the effect too now?

I see I’ve been operating in a world of presumptions. This is almost as bad as the time I kept sending emotes out whilst in stealth, wondering why everyone was ignoring me.

I am sorry to be the bringer of such a bad news. I too was saddened when I learned that only I was seeing the purple sky.

1 Like

It is for the best. After all, people have been known to spam certain toys to disrupt roleplays for some time. The void totem was one of them.

I remember going to my garrison and the whole sky was on fire because an invisible person elsewhere in their own garrison popped one down.

That is a good point, though I believe an acceptable middle solution would have be to have everyone in your party/raid be able to see it, rather than an anyone/no one at all thing.

They should be able to see it, but it’s only within a certain range of the totem.

I am angry.
ANGRY ABOUT ELVES!

I agree in a major way

'ate elves, not racist. Just don’t like 'em

1 Like

Hatin’ elves ain’t racist. It’s common sense.

Sounds like someone’s jealous :frowning:

2 Likes

My ears dont clip through helmets, despite gnomes having big ears.

imagine having weak ears that can’t even pierce metal lmao