Discussion: Villain RP

Because it was retconned for you by everyone else.

6 Likes

https://gyazo.com/4e4a10015c811c835c6941851db6e754

Obviously people are free to RP it however they wish but thats what happened. If anybody wants to RP xroads being chernobyl thats up to them, I don’t.

Excuse me but I hope you play a death knight IC?

Because if so, even if 5 guys dropped down from the sky, you should have absolutely destroyed them. I know “be fair in rp!” but to death knights and demon hunters there is just no fairness.

Even if you have 5+ guys at your disposal, a death knight can’t just be hit until the death knights dies like a living person would.

I find the situation itself pretty funny that a few guys just come up and try to kill you. I hope they were death knights or atleast demon hunters (or a goblin/gnome in a mech) because otherwise that fight should have been in your favor. Any sane character in roleplay should run if a death knight wants to fight them unless they are cray or on the same powerlevel. No, your average random XYZ guy with 6000 weapons is not on the same level powerwise as a death knight.

Also I want to take this moment and say: goblin/gnome engineers in their mech suites are overpowered as hell. Their only downside is that their suites usually have a malfunction or something. Otherwise they can build every single counter mechanism into it and just be done with EVERYTHING you throw at them. Or worse: have it reflected since somehow every machine we see ingame can do that with a shield.

Anyways…

Yes I know you are supposed to take fights fair, but as mentioned above there are a few exceptions. Demon hunters and death knights are this exception. Next time if some guy calls his buddies, just summon your army of ghouls. Might work well.

Sounds like one hell of a story and misinterpretation.

1 Like

Your point makes sense but i’m afraid people on AD don’t give a damn and think ooc pvp = ic pvp. They can all 1v1 a Death Knight at east, resist the dark powers easily and never ever be afraid of him cause yeah, he’s nothing more than a stanky undead. There’s not much “respect” for the power level of DK and DH. I do not mind to be honest, cause it’s boring to be a OP machine but sometimes when a 17 yo guy is parrying all your blows, it gets stupid.

6 Likes

tbh my near-countless millennia old nightborne’s felfire can melt through saronite like it was paper so im not sure what this dragon ball powerlevel discussion is meant to point out

not every DH or DK isall powerful much like how not every warrior is a footman

Granted if we are talking about low-fantasy GoT levies then I understand your angle, though Im yet to see them as a problem. I guess your char isn’t menacing enough or you keep interacting with a rather dumb part of the community.

I’m lucky enough to rp in alliance were most people are sticking to low fantasy that’s close to WC3 lore. So yeah, most the random warriors I meet do not have the power level of a DK. I don’t RP A stupidly powerful one, but I’m pretty sure a regular warrior cannot really hold its own against a machine of death. I understand that people don’t want to lose their chars, but don’t come to dish consequences to people if you’re not ready to have a scratch upon your handsome face.

5 Likes

*asphyxiate + death grip + stabs u rlly easly before u can even cast 1(one) spell *

as a rule, if you go for the kill be ready to get killed, yourself. People who don’t follow that are huge huge nerds.

6 Likes

Uh? 5vs1 is still an unfair match no matter the class.

While on average hero classes are above the average warrior/mage/what you have, it doesn’t mean they are this unstoppable machine. Death knights and DHs die like everyone else; and 5 veterans/adventurers are a damn menace to everyone.

People have romanticized upon DKs way too much, with some still claiming to be immune to magic due to saronite armor.

1 Like

Bruh, adventures aren’t that strong.

3 Likes

From wowpedia:

Where a regiment of orc grunts or human footmen fail, the adventurers succeed. Many are one-person armies, being able to defeat a large number of enemies and become even stronger in the process. Their strength comes from slaying foes and performing tasks as well as from the magic coming from their armor, weapons and magical items. When adventurers work together, they combine their incredible power and defeat powerful enemies.

And where is that from? If it’s from the RPG I’m gonna slap you.

5 Likes

Adventurers are mostly the PC. So we should not compare ourselves, always that is, to their power level.
In this case, your character ICly should be able to run through 5 orcs and just one shot them without any problem.
Edit: It is from wowwiki =>
https ://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Adventurer

Another problem:

You should -never- apply this in RP. You should not always succeed, IMO. Sometimes, evil will prevail. And it makes it only more fun. Why? It grants your character a possible motivation, or different set of path. Lose can forge you. Forces you to take harsh decisions and such.

8 Likes

TIL: If you start calling yourself an adventurer (which anyone can do) you are instantly equal, superior even, to a regiment of footmen/grunts.

5 Likes

There ain’t a source, but its not the RPG (if it were, it would have the rpg sign above): my guess it’s that it either came from an old manual, or it was inferred from canon events. There are just too many quests in which the adventurer is described as a one-man army, or that canonically acted as such. Their feats can hardly be contested when they fight toe to toe with god-like creatures and a multitude of normal enemies.

Kinda. Adventurers are the canon representation of the players in lore, but many NPCs are also considered adventurers, with the same right (when it comes to lore) of the players.

In fact, what you’re pointing at is meta-narrative, and doesn’t really matter in this debate.[quote=“Arindha-argent-dawn, post:135, topic:54960”]
You should -never- apply this in RP. You should not always succeed, IMO. Sometimes, evil will prevail.
[/quote]
I think you misunderstood the point there. There’s also a contradiction in your statements (“never do this!” “sometimes do that other thing” implies you can do the other thing which you suggested should not happen and besides, you treat these things as mutually exclusive when they’re not)

This is literally EVERY Character. So therefore An Adventurer Death knight would have no problem against a normal Adventurer. Alright guys, we are all invincible now after all, We are ALL Adventurers. Art Station, thanks for justifying my new invincible character who can one shot Anduin. You’ve opened up the Flood gate now

So why are you trusting it if it states no source?

Edit: Do you eat pasta without sauce as well?

3 Likes

Man eats ‘pizza’ that’s just watermelon slices with other fruits on them.

2 Likes

Eats raw cake without icing.

2 Likes

Well, I disagree. The fact that the average DK is more powerful than the average normal class doesn’t mean that the strongest elements of said class (DK, DHs) would be superior, or “have no problem” with the geniuses of the other classes.

Neither I did say that the adventurers are invincible, just that they are powerful according to the lore. It’s canon, so idk why you’re so focused to discuss this point. Why you care so much?

a death knight > a regular combatant

An adventurer > a death knight

therefore, an adventurer death knight > a regular adventurer

step one of losing an argument :clown_face:

4 Likes