Divine Retribution (A) Arathor: Established, 'Old style' Mythic Guild 6/10M

Divine Retribution is an 10 year old Alliance Mythic Guild on Arathor/Hellfire server which has just recently joined with Kilrogg/Nagrand and Runetotem, making us a 5 realm server!

Looking for DpS players, ranged especially. A tank OS or interest in tanking next tier would also be useful. However, as always we are interested in who you are over what class you play

The Small Print!

Choosing a Mythic Guild is probably the most important decision you will make in WoW - yes, even more important than what Covenant you choose! So this post is lengthy so we can set out our stall and not waste your time or ours recruiting the wrong people.

In thinking about what is important when choosing a Guild we have this to offer:

• Well estabished:

We have been around for 10 years, we aren’t going anywhere - having weathered the trials and tribulations of 6 expansions before SL and having successfully moved from 10 man to 20 man raiding. So you can be sure of joining a well established Guild.

• Well Organised:

People who join us often comment that they have never been in as well organised and structred a guild. This is kinda important to us. We tend to think that a relaxed fun atmosphere and end-game progression go hand in hand when there is a clear structure behind it and we pride ourselves on being fair.

• Clear Goal agreed across the Guild:

We are a Mythic raiding Guild. Our aim is to clear all content while it is current and build on our previous CE to get more! We arent looking for people who want to clear content in a month and then play other games. We love WoW, we enjoy playing it, we enjoy laughing while we play it. We are looking for people who want to be part of something, to help build something rather than log in, raid, log out.

• Mythic Progress:

We headed into BFA having moved into Mythic raiding during Legion and wanting to build on our success there During BFA we got our first CE with Jaina. We got to progress all of the final bosses of the expansion and we are looking to build further on this for SL. We are looking for people who want to be part of that and see the guild take its next step forward.

We are competitive - we like progress and we take our raids, though not ourselves, seriously. However, for us, the joy of getting that Mythic boss, that we have been wiping on for a week, down… is more about WHO we achieved it with than what upgrades to our ilvl we got over the rest of the team.

• Great Atmosphere:

We recognize that this is a game, people have busy lives outside it - so the time we spend here together should be as stress free as possible, should avoid Guild Drama, should give everyone in the guild an opportunity to progress and make friends. I say ‘busy’ rather than ‘real’ lives because here at DR we make real friends, we meet up in ‘real’ life, so for us WoW, although a ‘game’ and not put before our day-to-day lives outside the guild, is a part of our real lives. This spills over into the way we behave with each other. We are not faceless fingers behind a computer screen, so we show each other respect and take an interest in each other. At the same time, we are not a therapeutic community, our Officers are not psychologists, so we also don’t encourage needy, attention-seeking SLS (Special Little Snowflakes). We are just a bunch of well adjusted, mature - lovely people that enjoy playing WoW enormously.

Our ages range between 20 and 50+ and we have members from all over the EU and even one from the States. Our younger players are mature for their age, and our old timers can still shake their stuff! Banter is important, respectful behaviour is a given.

We don’t have a member list of hundred’s and we do like to know everyone in the guild, not have people sign on and be ignored because no-one knows who they are. In order to do this, we keep our recruitment and therefore member roster small. We like to try and keep the same team so that people aren’t sat out, but this has caused us issues during BFA as so many people did not enjoy the expansion and keeping the Roster strong has been a challenge and cost us last boss progression. We have learnt from this and are hoping that both SL will prove to be a much more enjoyable expansion, and we will have a bigger roster.

We have formed some great friendships over the years but we pride ourselves on how welcome we make new friends feel. We have held annual Guild Meetings (with the exception of 2020’s Covid disaster!) and these events, while not obligatory, have been enormous fun and really helped build the team atmosphere we are so proud of.

• Personal Responsibility within a team:

We have spoken a lot about the community here at DR and how important Team is to us. We do not kill Mythic bosses as individuals. Being part of a team means doing stuff together outside of raids as well as in them. We provide the best environment we can for our raiders, but we are also all adults. Personal responsibility is an expectation - you guys create the atmosphere, the progress, the community.

So what are we looking for in SL?

We want people with a can-do mentality who want to play the game!! People who are looking for a very well organised and structured Guild that revolves not only around its Mythic progress, but creating a great community to achieve that in. We would like raiders who have some Mythic raiding experience and strive to make sure their contribution to the team success is the best it can be.

We raid: (7.45pm for invites, Boss pull @8pm) All times are Server Time.
Wednesday 7.45 -11.30
Sunday 7.45 -11.00
Monday 7.45 -11.00

In addition to this for the first week of a new Tier we will also raid on the Thursday.

So, if you managed to get to the end of this and would like to apply… we have a Discord Recruitment Forum which you can join :

[discord.gg/8x3Nd8T]

Thanks for your time!

Ellz

3 Likes

Join our guild and I’ll give you a snog

1 Like

Been here since mop, great people, great fun, great raiding, great gnome friends :smiley:

1 Like

I would leave and reapply just for the snog!!! The other things like fantastic organisation and lovely players is just an added bonus :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Come join me in showing the rest of this amazing guild how good Night Fae are in Shadowlands. Good progress with good banter isnt a myth :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just got in here. Looks like a really nice bunch. Can’t wait to raid with them in SL

1 Like

I joined the team around this time last year having not experienced proper mythic raiding before. But thanks to the fine people here, and all the good banter, it was an easy adjustment to make and I’ve been enjoying it ever since.

I heartily recommend giving us a go. :wink:

1 Like

Update on recruitment needs:

Resto Shammy spot now filled, making our Heal team pretty much sorted. All tank spots taken. We would like a couple more ranged DpS, Mage or Hunter preferred.

1 Like

I joined DR In Legion during Nighthold progression and have called it my WoW home ever since. I really like the atmosphere here, the people are great. On top of that we get bosses killed and progression! Who could ask for more? So come join us.

1 Like

Ellz is making me post this because I kept her up talking until 6:15am. But really the fact I wanted to stay up unti 6:15am talking to the guild leader should tell you plenty about the guild!
Coolest guild that wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants.

1 Like

Recruitment Update 27/09/2020

We are currently looking very strong for Shadowlands with a roster of 27. We are still prepared to look at quality applications from people with a decent level of BFA Mythic experience. Otherwise we are pausing recruitment while we carry out trials.

Thanks!

Recruitment Update 13/10/202

After a very successful first round of recruitment, we have a couple of DpS spots available for Shadowlands. We would be particularly interested in the following classes:

DH/WW Monk/DK/Ret with OS Holy Pally and Hunter.

However as usual, we are more interested in the person over the class.

We are looking for people with previous Mythic experience and while we understand that many people did not enjoy BFA, if you had the motivation and drive to stick around, you would get an immediate approval point! :smiley: You will need to be geared ready for Mythic Nyolotha trials between now and SL.

If this sounds of interest then pop into our recruitment channel and have a chat with us!

[discord.gg/8x3Nd8T]

Thanks for reading.

I’ve been with these people for more than 6 years now. HOW?! People come and go, but the die hards stay, and I’d like to see you (a good player who likes what he has read in the main message) come (to join us in our adventures).

1 Like

I joined the guild 8 years ago, that was the best decision I ever made in WoW. You can meet here some exceptionally skilled players, some goofballs, an amazing GM and officer team, and overall a bunch of lovely people!

Plus, you get to read weekly news every Wednesday on our homepage, it’s always something to look forward!

1 Like

With pre-patch proper coming next week, we have a very healthy roster ready for SL with some great new additions to the team! We are still really keen to find a 3rd Mage and 2nd DH to round out the roster.

We are now looking for people with proven and recent Mythic experience only. If you have this and want to find a solid, well established community that raids Mythic for SL but you don’t fit the classes listed, it’s still worth joining the Discord link in the main post for a chat.

Thanks!

Just finished Divine Retribution’s trial with success. I have to say this guild is fun to be in and delivers on its promises, the raiders and especially the raid leader / officer team know their stuff. Looking forward to be raiding with them in SL!

1 Like

hello guys, i am happy that i can write here as a new MEMBER of this wonderful guild. Ive been through trials for 2 or 3 weeks and i enjoyed that time a lot. It wasnt just “show yourself” from side of guild members, they were helpful in many ways. also i felt comfortable since invite to the guild !! Im excited to be part of raid team in SL!!!

There is that point in time when you join a guild that feels perfect. Great recruitment process, amazing people and very enjoyable raids. The combination of discipline and friendliness is next level with these guys and gals. For someone who loves spending his free time in Azeroth, Divine Retribution is the best place to be.

I have spent years looking for that “perfect guild to join” not even knowing what I was looking for. Met confused and sometimes frustrated people who took a lot of joy out of the game for me…and that all ended when I met the Divine Retribution crew. I liked what I saw and had a good feeling about it. Now after passing my trial here I am convinced that this will be my home for a long time.

With Shadowlands about to launch the hype is real. Just imagine how good it feels knowing I have a great bunch of people to enjoy it with.

Thank you for having me folks.

1 Like

when i quit wow i had a super cool guild and when i recently came back for the shadowlands expantion i was hopeing to find a guild like my old one and boy was i lucky i found this guild alot of nice players are here and helping each other to improve could not have found a better guild. we progressed last few weeks again true mythic because there was a new raid team and evrything went supper smooth and i am convinced we will do verry well in shadowlands with a relaxed raid environment its now your guys chance to join us and have some greath times

We do have a strong roster for Castle Nathria, but are open to quality applications for DpS players (particularly ranged) who can show previous Mythic experience and progress logs from the current tier. Please follow the links in the main post to our recruitment discord if you would like to apply.