Do my ears deceive me

an informed friend of mine tells me that a level 60 in classic will give you a 120 boost in retail.
Can anyone confirm this?

1 Like

It’s 110 boost.

Even if they put it at 120 getting 120 on live is still so much faster (in terms of raw hours)!

3 Likes

lazy tries to get people back into their cash shop game

4 Likes

Technicly from what I understand you don’t get a boost. You get BfA and everything that comes with it this includes boost. But if you already have BfA you most likely get nothing.

3 Likes

Lazy but it might work to a degree.

if you are somehow trying to make attention at the shared subscription then it is also a lazy try from you to defend bfa. People still have the decision at which client they want to play on and player participation numbers will be written down there and not on retail.

Doesn’t really help a collector with around 50 level 120, does it? I need to level anyway with tw to farm tw kills, don’t need more auto 110, still have a 110 boost for bfa I’m not using.

This.

Especially if you can tank or heal, levelling is blisteringly fast vs Classic.

OTOH, once you hit 60 in Classic, you start doing endgame dungeons, and pretty quickly get into raiding. In BfA, if it’s your first 120, first you do heroics, then m0, then m+2… at some point you begin the essence grind…

Actually, I could believe that taking a character 1-120, with HoA at 65, and heroic-raid-ready gear, might be a comparable undertaking, if you’re not in a position to feed it with heirlooms and benthics.

Its not aimed at BFA players. Its aimed at Classic players that realize there is no content once they hit 60 lvl to try and keep them subbed. They are giving BFA expansions to those that don’t have it. There are already a lot of players giving up before hitting 60 or right after hitting 60 because of bland content and blizz wants them subbed.

Repeating it just in case. If you already have BfA, you shouldn’t get anything from having a classic toon at 60.

Bit of explaination :

• there was a Line of code or file name refering to a 120 boost on the 8.2.5 ptr. Same thing happened in legion in patch 7.1 or 7.2 iirc and the boost was only released with the BFA pre patch

• Blizzard brazilian Facebook made a post "to commemorate the 15y anniv, upon reaching lvl60 in classic you’ll recieve BFA and a 110 boost for free ", post which was deleted later on.

No confirmation whatsoever but it looks legit.

I mean it makes so much sense to offer old players the opportunity to join the 15y event with the old school alterac and the 3 raids, and some may even stay there or play both classic and BFA at the same time.

1 Like

I’m confused. Some say it is a thing, some say it is just returning players getting confused by the free boost that comes with BFA.

I do have a hunter in classic, if this were true I wouldn’t mind maxing her so that I could boost my gnome mage.

Ah, ok, I was ofc commenting on the limited personal utility.

Boosting a toon , rips out it’s soul. If you ask me.

1 Like

Not if you say already 3x of that class, like 3x max level hunters and have the heritage armor for that race already.

Sorry. I should of also typed that it’s mearly my opinion. I made a mistake or boosting my druid and feel that it has no history no story like the toons that I actually lvl’d up with all the way.
I can understand why they are usefull also.
Just don’t know what to do with mine. I probably wont use it.

3 Likes

Aww, yes, mine is my opinion too. I had a free boost when I was gifted BFA collectors edition by my brother. But I later bought a boost for £49 because I wanted to play a shaman, but was in such a demanding job at that time that i didn’t have more than 1 hour a day to spare for gaming, let alone level from 1 to 120.

My shaman does have her history after the boost. I imagine like the Naru empowered her to be stronger and now she is crafting her history through the BFA zones.

If I ever do use it, I will put on either my lock, pala, sham or warrior. they all sitting about 70ish.
I use the 80 boost we got on my rogue and havent touched it since :(.
I loved that rogue to. We got exalted in WSG in 2006-7 at level 19 .

1 Like

I can’t really see the purpose in this.

Most Classic players are there because of how empty and utterly soulless Retail has become, a free Level 110 will only highlight this to those who have not already tried BFA.

It is like completing a running marathon and being rewarded with a ticket for free McDonalds for a lifetime.

Completely opposite audience.

1 Like