Do you alt-tab during loading screen?

I caught myself alt tabbing during loading screens, despite them lasting for merely 5 - 8 sec (wow is installed on SSD).

This shows attention spam is getting lower and lower and to be honest, it scared me a bit.

What is your opinion on this? Do you do it?

Regards,
Imm

Noā€¦ usually just alt tab if i have to look up on something or to connect to discord and so on.

I do tab out from time to time during the loading screen. Only to start a new music playlist or look up a achievement or quest.

Not often tho, but still.

1 Like

Yea I do it a lot, normally for youtube or something

I usually use loading screens to swap song or turn a new video on to watch on the second monitor

Not really, the game resumes after a second or two.

I canā€™t. * laughs in SSD *

I sometimes alt tab when Iā€™m on auto walk (or fly) on my mount, or on a flightpath.

Nope, I donā€™t, unless the game crashed and I open task manager to end the process.

If your attention span is a concern, try some meditation techniques centred around lack of focus. In todayā€™s age and with so much information being thrown at us, what you experience is actually quite common.

2 Likes

Got duel monitor so I donā€™t alt tab but I am constantly reading or watching something whilst playing wow same time. I donā€™t have game sounds and music on.

I alt tab a lot when nothing happening (for a few seconds at a time), but have my browser window smaller so I can see WoW underneath. I am in bad habit of alt tabbing while defending flag in bgsā€¦ but is kinda fun to suddenly realize someone is stealing flag. Iā€™m trying to break the habit for that situation hehe.

Yes, I do that, I swap to another wow window or forums.

I got it on a HDD, so yes, I do tab out. And if I donā€™t, Iā€™m probably spacing out for a bit, or just rest my eyes.

I also do it during flight paths or pretty much any other time I canā€™t really do inputs.

1 Like

Because they removed original fullscreen now it is easier to alt+tab.

:imp:

They still didnā€™t bring it back for dx11

2 Likes

I do that as well and itā€™s not because my attention span is getting lower. Itā€™s because I can squeeze that few extra clicks to do something else before loading screen is done loading. Itā€™s rather a sense of doing more while nothing is going on.

laughs in duel-screens

1 Like

laughs along in dual-screens

1 Like

Pretty much this. The loading screen on an SSD barely stays for that long.

Depends on your addons and which loading screen. When you do a /reload or first time loading, your loading screen will stay until all addon data is loaded. When using addons like RaiderIO, it takes a bit to load everything memory and this affects your loading times.

All the time. Anything that takes more than 3 seconds deserves to be put on hold.

Loading screen isnā€™t really long enough to alt tab but I do with other things like camping stuff. I donā€™t alt tab as such but I have a second monitor.