Do you have to RP on Argent Dawn?

I think not. But you can keep your opinion.

coughs
It’s just false.
coughs

Open minded. Healthy debate. Fruitful conversation. Most of all: smart and witty.

Oh wait my opinions are fundamentally wrong just because you say so. Woopsie.

4 Likes

No, they’d be wrong regardless. I just happen to be right. :v:

But take heart in the fact that if I were wrong, the RP community would be suffering much more than it does. So you too should hope that I am right!

Go back to your bridge, troll

In your own deluded realm.

3 Likes

If you claim I am trolling, why would you feed into it like that? Kinda curious, I want to see what is the logic here.

But what I say is true, isn’t it? Do assume (but don’t concede, if that pleases you) that I am right. If I am right, and nonRPers aren’t a concern, then the server does not suffer from them. Therefore, the suffering you think they cause doesn’t exist.
There is no need to torment yourself about it, and it’s one less threat for the server.

It’s a good thing.

“I’m big you’re small. I’m right you’re wrong. Nyeeh nyeeh nyeeh nyeeh~” :nerd_face: :yawning_face: :yawning_face: :yawning_face: :yawning_face:

5 Likes

At least Mion and the OOCer had something worth saying and were willing to discuss their points of view.
Zap just waffles you into submission, then tries to say he’s right until you leave.

4 Likes
1 Like

Imprisoned for ten thousand years… Banished from my own homeland…

Because without an official platform, RPing in WoW at all is the purview of a small niche worth even less consideration.

You’ve moved the goalposts to where AD suffering a bleed and losing its RPing community is no big deal because private servers exist for those who want to RP and that having rules on a RP server isn’t needed.

My head.

Hardly vauge, hardly even subtle. It’s a plain statement of a looming outcome if RPers don’t stand up for themselves, reclaim areas and actively encourage RP.

That other people leave for these reasons? Yes, it’s part of why my friendlist is so echo-y these days but that’s just more anecdotal claims to you, isn’t it? They told me, they left, I don’t want others to leave…

Bingo, with extra caveats to be added as you keep demanding qualifiers.

Tee Bee freaking H, if I were Queen of AD you’d have a much nicer realm but I’m not, so we’re basically shouting in the town square.

It’s implied with the way you talk about the broken remnants of dead servers as healthy RP communities.

And good on them. I wish their fellow non-RPers writ large were as civil and considerate but here we are. Those are people we might reach, the streamer swarm and gank guilds are not.

Claiming AD is for everyone is to claim RP is irrelevant to the server. I want the non-RPer to RP and failing that, to be a minority. Let there be raid guilds of RPers, let there be PvP guilds of RPers. Let’s have a server community that defaults to RPing as an “of course, that’s why I joined”.

I’ve had to retire characters because they don’t function in modern Marvelified Azeroth of epic cliffhangers and bants but others operate just fine. This is Blizzard’s fault. I’ve also retired characters for whom there is no community. That is the fault of them being rendered unsustainable by a withering RPing community turned inward in self preservation.

I ain’t quittin’. They’ll pry my withered husk off the server. Unless Blizzard goes under next year or something. I don’t really have anywhere else to go.

Never said I was trolling, quite the contrary. I had a sliver of hope to reach you since we’re doing this dance again but it’s clear that you’re set in your ways. I could’ve stopped right there but figured I’d keep arguing my point to articulate the problem as I see it.

And now I’m going to bed. C’est la vie.

2 Likes

He got you.

1 Like

How on earth do you guys have the attention span for arguing about the usual crap?

6 Likes

At this rate this is like watching the unstoppable force meet the immovable object. We’ve been here tons of times and we’re going to be here many more times, and it’s always with the same people. How both sides manage to still find time to argue on and on is beyond me.

I know some people “love to argue” but honest to god if it leads to something like this then I have to severely question if that really is such a good character-trait to have. ( I don’t think it is.)

2 Likes

I stick around until the convo turns unfruitful. (Today is an exception it seems)

it’s boring when someone’s argument is “I’m right your wrong” and that’s it.
Troll or delusion?

1 Like

That’s my argument; non-RPers being derisive is the norm that you’ll find outside our RP bubble forum.

The wider community despises us at worst and at their most benign treat us like theatre.

I read this in shapiro’s voice. Let’s say, hypothetically, that you’re safely insulated from everything I observe to be harmful, refusing to consider another point of view as you’re reassured by those around you that there’s nothing to worry about.

Let’s not reach the Aquaman point of this sort of presentation no matter how apt as people flee AD, The Last Officially Approved Server That Operates As Intended in want of RP.

Good. Night. Sir.

No, it’s almost half an hour to midnight and I have things to do in the morning.

Hyperfocus. It’s pretty detrimental unless directed to something productive, which this certainly is not.

5 Likes

“only RP on official realm counts because otherwise these realms would suffer”

So it is out of convenience for those who stay in official servers. But then this isn’t about WoW RP, it’s not a criteria about communities at all, you just think it’s in your interest to be on an official platform.
Interesting addendum. Historically this has been the opposite: with nostalrius drawing attention from Blizzard and nudging them to create the whole classic project.

It is vague, otherwise you have to define what you mean by intended.

Don’t twist the argument. It is not about leaving (something that quite frankly I have a hard time believing). The question was: among those who are on private RP servers, who left because of non-RPers and what proofs do you have?

Well, it’s on you for not thinking about any beforehand?

It’s not, I even did make the case two times that

and

So I did say in a rather explicit way that I am not debating whether or not they are a healthy community, just that they are one.

You’re not following. If you judge other arguments’s quality, you should at least be able to follow them. The argument around private servers refers to the preconception that AD is the Last Bastion of RP, not if it’s a “big deal” or not that AD is bleeding.

The Last Bastion point, as I stated before, is an appeal to fear which, as we’ve seen in the last two posts, also happens to be false and misleading. Now, that AD as a community is suffering and bleeding, and that it is a great place which hosts amazing stories, that I can agree with. [But] nonRPers aren’t to blame for it, it is rather the aging game, unappealing game mechanics, internal feuds, bad lore and awful PR that are driving people off to find other games.

I exclude griefers, but do welcome others.
Again, your point works only if you assume, which I do not and is the main point of the discussion, that roleplayers and nonRPers can’t share spaces together. See, this is what baffles me about this. If you argue “for others”, I think you would ideally want to prove me wrong and be able to show it. And to do so, you’d have to tackle the point from an angle that would disprove my perspective, rather than already assume that it is wrong and argue from there. Otherwise there’s no substance here. So, yeah, this is just a non-point.

Heh, I appreciate that (in a genuine way). I’ll give you a heart. :heart:

Never said you are trolling, though you did say yourself you’re doing it for the lulz.

Come on, we’re just starting this again tomorrow. :wink:

Well, if you talk about the General forums. I do agree a lot of people there are weirdos. Although I haven’t seen their attitude in-game very much, if at all.

I don’t think they “despise” us. And neither I believe most treat us like theatre. But if they do and want to pay me for roleplaying, I wouldn’t mind myself.
I also believe we should differentiate between the wider WoW community and the AD community (as in, nonRPers and RPers that come from AD). As you likely know, nonRPers on AD usually have a chill mentality, and on AD there are rules that prevent harassment of role-players (something that might not be enforced on PvE and PvP servers).

Also. That fake high warlord transmog is a sham.

They’re not mutually exclusive.

3 Likes

You have a Succubus pet named My Ex Girlfriend.

3 Likes