Do you play a class that resembles you in IRL?

Was just wondering as the title says … Do you tend to play a class that kind of resembles what you might actually be in IRL? I know real life and fantasy are two different realities but was just wondering. :smile:

Looks at own class

I certainly hope not, or I might have issues.

5 Likes

There are classes that have faint resemblance… even the Warlock - as in, exoteric and/or forbidden knowledge seekers, not the sacrifice your soul to something. Or others - but I have Death Knights, Priest (shadow) and to be honest, I would be damn hard to find anything that resemble me in them. Like a Demon Hunter… well… let’s say no. Nothing.
It hard to say, really…
I even have a hard time to pinpoint wich one of my toons are my main…
The answer to your question, lets say, a strong maybe

1 Like

Nah. I’m not playing myself in RP, I do that enough when not Rping.

2 Likes

Only in a roundabout ironic sort of way.
I went goblin rogue just to be the polar opposite of the “goody two shoes” archtype…buuut between my former job as a croupier, my current job as a debt collector and my penchant for the sneaky-beaky when paintballing I’m suddenly in some horrible inception crisis with my character!

2 Likes

My blood elf warlock does resamble my real life me.
Arrogant, power hungry, loves to have minnions.
But still prefeers to use powers for good.
Most of the time.
I mean power has a price.
And i rather have someone else pay that price.

Night elf druid i mostly play because it can do everything.
In real life i am quiet adaptable and have a natural talent for everything i do but i can never seem to master a talent before it boreds me to death.
Something about me thinking faster then most people.

I never though about it but my classes do have alot in commen with me.

Now on your knees and obey :smiling_imp:

I don’t see how a class can resemble a person, so I’d say no for me.

My characters all have some elements of me in them,
as I’m not good at pretending to be something I’m not -
at least not enough so to convincingly nor enjoyably
RP a personality that is completely different from my own.

I mean… if I hear voices or whispers in real life I get thrown in a nuthouse…

1 Like

Well now that I think about it, there is the sacrificial altar in my basement, the demonic portal in the garage and the dark robes I walk around in…hmmm no can’t see it sorry.

2 Likes

I summon balls of fire and portals irl, yes. My class is pretty similar to me.

2 Likes

I listen to death metal, does that count?

4 Likes

Yeah but do you hear Bolvar speaking into your brain?

1 Like

I think he means what we would be irl as our own person if the class existed irl. I would be a discipline priest or mage irl probably. I love hunter and rogue in fantasy, have a thing for bows and daggers, but I could never handle one irl, or have the agility needed.

Why are you using logic? Who does that.

Lord.

:joy: sorry

I gravitate toward thinkers of various sorts in roleplay and those are usually the casters of a given fantasy setting. That’s basically it by way of preference but no, I don’t play myself.

1 Like

How do you not?
I rerolled to Paladin and I like doing what’s right.
I hate hipocrisy and bad conduct anywhere, anytime.
I have a hard time inserting myself in society because of so many things I consider taboo.

I… just let myself out :woozy_face:

3 Likes

On one head I guess I have a pretty strong moral compass so that would make a paladin a good fit but on the other hand I am not a fan of rules and regulations because I really value my own independence. I guess if anything a hunter or rogue would fit my personality best.

Coincidentally(?) those are the two classes I’ve mailed this expansion.

I like animals… and animals in general, even wild ones seem to like me for some odd reason. Strays tend to just walk up to me and be friendly. Wild monkeys, deer, birds, even a sloth bear once have come close to me nonthreatening so I guess my class does make sense for me? Only difference, I’m male and Azethbur if a femorc :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like