Do you play World of Warcraft to "escape real life"?

Exactly if you can get arrested or killed for being different that’s a terrible thing

1 Like

Politicising to foreign nations is frowned upon by the rulers of said nation.

I already addressed this with the “Fluffy bunny” response on another thread.
To recap: Somebody calling me Fluffy Bunny does not make the words Fluffy Bunny offenssive even if I am offended by Fluffy Bunny.

Alphabet people themselves self describe as Alphabet people. So you’re argument is mute.

You prove time and time again to be a bad faith actor. Have already explained to the reading audience that understands points made.
You believed something is not happening that is actually happening. Metaphorically burying your head in the sand.

Gaming and other forms of escapism need to be removed from the real world. Intellectual properties only become political battlegrounds otherwise.

You talk for the sake of talking. Argue for the sake of arguing. I mention things that could be easily researched. Even gave you the chance to prove me wrong. But you know it to be true. Just that since the truth is spoken by Moltensage you reject it.

2 + 2 = 4. Do you agree yes or no?

Different countries - different laws - different way of life.

If you make false claims it’s on you to back them up. I talk because I’m not letting people like you be the only vocal ones. Also I’m pretty sure making false claims like that is slander. And it’s not cause it’s you saying it, it’s because people like you are good with your strawman arguments and hateful spite

You are entertaining. I doubt you would research it but. Title: Star Wars Padawan. Writers name: Kierstan White.
It is retconned that as a Padawan Obi Wan Kenobi is bisexual. Anything else?
If I claim that Marvel’s Iceman was turned gay. Would you confirm for yourself? or accuse me of making false claims and demand evidence.
Thinking for yourself is not a bad thing you know.

Instead of proving Moltensage a liar you just claim it.
Can we agree on something at lest. 2 + 2 = 4. :point_left: :point_left: :point_left: Do you agree?

You see. The back and forth demonstrates the importance of Escapism.
There will always be political battlegrounds to debate - argue - discuss whatever people find essential at the moment.

However many people just want to enjoy the content - fantasy setting - universe - intellectual property for what it is.

1 Like

I don’t cut down or edit comments. Not sure what you are talking about.

Excellent point! I want to enjoy my fantasy setting without sexism, homophobia, IRL racism, and other types of bigotry. They have no place on Azeroth.

2 Likes

I love how the people who say this are now made out to be the villains in modern day. It’s a joke and not a very funny one

We can agree on something.
As long as just like with Helldivers 2. Things are kept politically neutral. Then the division is removed.
Are you Alliance or Horde. Discussions about one or the other being the bad guys. Immersed in the WORLD of Warcraft. Not the real world nonsense.
With or without people alive today. Some topics arguments and debates will endlessly be discussed. So let people have their escapism and content.

…You think things are kept politically neutral in Helldivers 2? :joy:

1 Like

Thread ended by Linaria… Thank you all and good night.

1 Like

At first. But activists can not help themselves.

the thing is most of these rightwingers don’t see the satire in it, they think it’s pro fascist military complex lol, same with warhammer etc.

Like the fact the boys rips into basically everyone?

He means the tv show guys:P the one with super heroes… I think ‘‘The boys’’

The boys tv show went Woke.

I’d say it’s a fair bit more nuanced than that.

Especially since it is fiction and a lot of people enjoy immersing themselves in the fantasy of fiction. You saw it here with the Horde and Alliance at least until the faction war went the way of the dodo.

It’s interesting how often your ilk try to desperately paint everyone on the ‘right’ as one big, stupid hive mind that cannot separate fiction from reality when I could just as easily point to the reactions to the recent Furiosa movie and how the actor playing one of the antagonists had to specifically make a statement about how he was simply playing make believe and that he is, in fact, not actually his character in the real world.

Though as I recognise nuance, I do not do that - because it would be very silly to try and present either the ‘left’ or the ‘right’ as one sprawling entity. There’s a lot of different layers to both, not to mention individuals who do not particularly care for either side in the first place.

2 Likes

What with stormfront being the villain in season 2 ? :joy:

The boys was “woke” from the get-go…

1 Like

Pretty sure its meant as a satire of everyone. But if it mocks the right its evil and woke. Am i right molten?