Do you play World of Warcraft to "escape real life"?

yes yes… and yes and hard yes… :unamused: The real world is hell and depressing.

1 Like

It goes hand in hand with my feelings of people. People depress me, therefore - the world depresses me.

1 Like

Those issues are entirely present here and now in the (current but thankfully not for long) UK government’s attempts to prohibit the “promotion of gender ideology” by local authorities, which have been dubbed by the majority of LGBTQ+ organisations as “the new Section 28”.

Thats why am offering you imps.

1 Like

I disagree. It’s pretty fun for the most part, as long as you don’t spawn in a PvP realm.

but aren’t most races already inspired by real life cultures? trolls are pretty much jamaican, pandaren asian etc. plus there are lots of churches everywhere, pandaren have buddhist shrines.

Edit: I forgot Taurens which are heavily inspired by native american culture.

Classic WoW Problems…

I got called a troll for saying word for word everything you just said: There's a Cathedral in WoW. Why not a mosque?

The whole Arabian nights type architecture exists in the form of Blood Elf buildings

Uldum also has major Egypt/Indiana Jones vibe

if you are depressed in everyday life good luck be strong

Sure, but that’s tiny compared to something like the entire Crystal Desert region in GW2.

I’ve learned to cope.

If people ask me how I am, I just quote Cruella De Vil from 1961:
“Miserable darling as usual, perfectly wretched.”

Wanna feel old?

My Druid is old enough to be considered an adult. She could drive, have a job - all of it.

Who needs to write a custom backstory when you’ve got that.

1 Like

I think the architecture should suit the terrain it’s in. It’s got to fit WoW.

honestly… i play out of addiction.
i actually hate it how addicted of a person i can be

BUT if i wasnt addicted to this game id more than likely be addicted to something far dangerous

i do generally take multiple breaks from WoW usually when Summer starts, usually offline for 3-6months

1 Like

I’m fuzzy :dracthyr_nod:

No, I play it because it’s the most fun game. If it stops being fun, I just find another game to play. So far I’ve only stayed away from WoW for an extended amount of time during Legion. Then I played FFXIV more.

It’s impossible to “escape real life” these days when they keep adding all kind of real life “crap” to in-game.

3 Likes

Used to play to escape real life.

Got to a point eventually though where the tables turned and i wanted to play less to explore real life.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear about this. I pray it never happens to me.

2 Likes