Do you recommend havoc in 10.2?

Hi guys,

I havent played dh since legion and Im curious if it’s a fun spec, or atleast do you think it’s fun and why?

Planning to do both pvp/pve. Is it something worth maining?

Cheers

Well, in the end of Legion Havoc was mostly a 100% life leech one-button spec collecting soul fragments from the ground. This is not entirely gone.
Still has good life leech for easy solo game, same good mobility and fast playstyle in general. More complexity in “rotation” but the hotkey for Chaos Strike is still used very often, so don’t use a Laptop-Keyboard for playing Havoc if you don’t want to repair it once every year.

Havoc is currently among the most played specs for some reason. I also tried to reroll sometimes troughout all expansions since Legion but when playing Paladin or Hunter it always feelt like something is missing and I end up with Havoc again.

Let’s be honest, every other class just feels slow and clunky. Sure, Monk has some mobility in him, but DH also has a double jump and glide. It has a lot more buttons than there used to be, but still not enough for a casual person to be discouraged by too much clicking. I chose this class from the very beginning when I started playing and I stick with it, regardless of whether it is strong or not.

2 Likes

no, fel rush and vengeful retreat being mandatory to your dps rotation makes the spec pure garbage and nobody should be playing it until blizzard reworks it

4 Likes

Yea kinda, there are a few changes i really did not like, i also do not like the tier set, but i guess it’s good.

Sir, it has just been reworked rofl

yeah they are OP , you can faceroll your keyboard. After 1-2 sec u are top dps.

Whatever :man_facepalming:

And nothing was changed, movement abilites are still an integral part of your rotation that make playing the game incredibly awkward with the amount of aoe and frontals going out in M+ especially.

Lmao, that hasn’t been the case since BFA. Current Havoc is 5 times as complex and all builds that don’t rely on constant movement do trash dps. Go play it by facerolling on your keyboard and you’ll be doing less dps than tanks.

4 Likes

I am still facerolling with my DH sir :smiley:

I’m late to the party, but after another set of nerfs to both damage and gameplay of Havoc DH I have to say no. You are safer playing other classes, don’t waste your time. There’s no telling what kind of nerfs Havoc gets next week (since nerfs are all they’ve been getting for a while now). That’s if you care about top performance. If you don’t care about top performance then the class is really fun.

Do not listen to doombringers. it is still S tier class in any content be it M+, raids or PvP. it isn’t OMG LUL OMEGA tier anymore and the damage seems a bit more sane - therefore people whine. DH needed those nerfs especially that it was clearly visible that it over perform in for instance 3s arena or Solo Shuffle. in M+ it is so far ahead in DPS that it isn’t worth mentioning.

There is no way that DH will be getting any buffs soon. BM might be getting nerfs or rouge but DH right now seems reasonable - it has cool skillset, good damage and feels unique to play (especially with inertia/momentum build)

1 Like

In raids too. A lot of mythic bosses have standard frontals, stack-or-die abilities (like Larodar, Tindral), dangerous AoE that can kill or seriously maim you forcing either healer to babysit you or you to use both Potion, Healthpot and Blur (like Nymue’s lines coming out of her in direct melee). I mean those mechanics aren’t hard or unreasonable, it’s standard watch where you stand. The problem is that you really want your VR to align with Inertia and Beam Essence Break combo and if you miss the window you wait for it to align again which can lead to either a serious DPS loss or forcing you to play very unsafe and potentially risk death or drawing healer’s attention.

I understand the class needs a niche, but this is like if Rogue required Sprint or if a Monk required a Roll/Chi Torpedo for dps.

1 Like

If BM gets nerfs also DH again they still are OP in m+ / PvP so if u suggest BM needs a nerf also DH

BM has no difficulties and risks that DH does during gameplay, the rotation is suicidal in higher keys when frontals become one shots and you can’t properly do mechanics because of your movement.

That’s a built in nerf for havoc even if omegabrain top 1% of DHs can execute it perfectly, most people can’t. There’s nothing wrong with havoc remaining near the top of the charts.

Stop the bs with ye bm can do mechanics and dps while moving, if u want AN EASY RATING GO HAVOC fotm slave

Havoc hasn’t been easy since BFA stop yapping.

Not easy ow really?

Yeah really. The only easy havoc build is the demonic/no mover build that was prevalent throughout Legion and BFA.

The only competitive builds now are those that have like 10 active buttons and constant usage of movement abilities in your rotation, which aside from just juggling more stuff and lining up combos means that your own movement is sacrificed when you need it the most potentially.

10 buttons… the whole DH spellbook doesn’t even have 10 buttons. :stuck_out_tongue: