Do you think Dracthyr should be able to fly like druids outside of dragon isles?

They have normal wings.
not like penguins or ostriches.
And why are you against it at all?
does it bother you in any way to play? what is the problem in general?

Nitpicking WoW’s animations.
It’s a fantasy game. There’s lots of animations that are not realistic.
There’s no actual flapping of wings which to me means it is gliding.

Same to you. There is no flapping. It’s not flying.

1 Like

I mean, Tah said one big truth, just because you have something does not mean it works.
:brain:

Normal?
The fantasy species has ‘normal’ wings?
“okay”

Imbalance.

1 Like

I’m glad you at least have enough self knowledge to admit to that. Very brave.

well proportioned for flight.
not like an ostrich.

And what exactly is the imbalance here?
they will be able to fly.
like everyone else on the mounts.
what a horror.

As far as we know Blizzard confirmed that Drac’thyr will fly:

Dragonflight Interview with AusGamers - Exploration, Dragonriding, & Familiar Faces - Wowhead News

Dracthyr come with other benefits as well, using their wings to fly without aid, the same way other players will with dragonriding. This all makes them a little more unique than traditional classes, though it will be interesting to see how well the new class balancing will play out.

Dracthyr have wings so they get to fly and they use the same style of momentum and gravity that dragonriding drakes do. During their starter experience, you get introduced to the new mechanics with tutorials and all that stuff. Heading into building the expansion, knowing that we wanted to create this feature, we had to set up the environment to match. I’ve only gotten to see it myself recently and it shocked me how much it brought me into the world. Being engaged in the act of moving around while flying is very different for WoW, and made me see the environment in a new way.”

We get at least flying in the new zones with them. That is for sure.

1 Like

We are all still waiting for the explanation.
So it can be debunked.

I am not the one lying multiple times just to pretend i have a point.

Check the list I gave you. There’s examples in there of normal looking wings.
Yet…

So they can too fly on mounts.
Like everyone.
What a horror.

They clearly flap their wings slightly, they don’t flap them hard cause they’re just maintaining altitude for the attack.
Gliding would mean they don’t flap them and keep them straight all the time and at the same time descend during the maneuver.

And since they effortlessly maintain altitude, it denotes an innate ability to properly fly.

Change your glasses, please.

1 Like

on the dragon islands is not fully functional, like dragon flight level 1 (whatever that means)
outside the islands - something like dh

Obvious typos are obvious. They’re meant to say “glide without aid” and “get to glide”.

That’s of course assuming it would be highest level riding skill. First one is considerably cheaper. And seeing as Running Wild gets the basic speed only, it wouldn’t be far fetched to think the dracthyr would get the lowest basic flying speed.

That’s why I said “we get it at least in the new zones”.

No. They clearly DON’T.

Remember this is a class with magical abilities?
Yeah. Nuff said.

Natural wings don’t fly like that. They just don’t. They factually don’t.
And AGAIN… It’s a CLASS ability. Not a racial thing.

Change your tune please.

you still haven’t said how it upsets the balance.

I did. Read back. I’m tired of repeating myself.
I don’t HAVE to defend my opinion to you or anyone.
This is not a competition of ‘who’s right’. This is all opinion and ‘wants’.
That is literally all. And I disagree with you.

That’s enough. Accept it.

So it can fly then?
Good that you agree, it can effortlessly fly.

Nobody cares if it’s a class or race thing.
Drachtyr themselves can fly, it’s confirmed.

Dracarys

The Dracthyr Evokers are WoW’s first hybrid class/race combo - only Dracthyr can be Evokers and only Evokers can be Dracthyr - tying into the lore and fantasy of the dragon flights in a brand new way. The mail wearing Ranged/Healer hybrid also won’t have a tank or melee specialization, but will represent all five of the different dragonflights magical powers - Red and Blue for ranged DPS, and Green and Bronze for healing, though powers tied to the Black dragonflight have yet to be described. Dracthyr come with other benefits as well, using their wings to fly without aid, the same way other players will with dragonriding. This all makes them a little more unique than traditional classes, though it will be interesting to see how well the new class balancing will play out.

I bolded it out for you to see without glasses, please let me know if you’d like a bigger font though.

They are one and the same now.
And you know what is more important? The race, it denotes the physical attributes, in this case, the wings.

1 Like

The class? Maybe.
The race? Nope.

I do not think that there was at least one normal argument how this would upset the balance.
looks a lot like jealousy.
“If I can’t, then let them not. And get away from my sandbox!”

Let them have flying, even if its only in short bursts with a cooldown its better than not having it.

1 Like