Do you think it's good that Microsoft is buying Activision/Blizzard?

I think the hands that need changing are lower down the totem pole than Acti / MS…

Although Bill Gates using his 5G signal on all those nano-chips injected into the sheeple to make them sub to WoW might help…

1 Like

Always said the fish head rots from the top. Microsoft have been killing it in recent years with both content and quality, making sure games are at least released in a good form, so there is a crumb of optimism that with different leadership we could see WoW steer back on side.

Might not take much but its given me a slight bit of optimism that I hadn’t had prior.

3 Likes

I think the only way the direction of the game will change is when the game director is changed.

At the levels of MS they might ask or more (or less) store content or higher subs or other high level decisions.
MS won’t be deciding on what grinds are in game or how much alt friendliness matters or how many zones or quests etc. are in game.

There is a chance that MS decide to change some of the leadership teams. So there is still some hope.

systemi delenda est…

True but they might well have a stronger hand on quality control than Activision did, plus I do think they see active users on gamepass having fun as a greater money earner than say playtime metrics and flashy whale mounts.

hmm, this is possible, hadn’t considered that.

But would people consider swapping their £10 monthly sub for a more expensive GamePass? Not sure i would tbh

1 Like

My gamepass was € 90 for 36 months. There are tricks to get it cheaper. Microsoft is VPN friendly, let me put it that way. Way cheaper than wow subscription.

3 Likes

£7.99 a month it shows, when I look at it? Which I think would be reasonable to pay for WoW AND access to a ton of other games …

If next expansion is 2 years of time gated systems upon systems Im not going to bother. Like let us farm reputation etc. 24/7 until we get what we want… Why do you even lock raids etc.?

Nobody has time to raid 24/7 anyway. Infrastructures need people to work with them. Timegates make zero sense in 2022. RNG loot makes zero sense. Token system was superior. Timegates are MOBILE thing.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know.

One thing is that it’s hard to imagine a worse gaming company than current Blizzard right now, so in that sense, it might be an improvement.

But since MS has a lot more going for it, maybe they’ll more easily pull the plug from a dying game like how they may perceive WoW.

Well I mean it just shows that microsoft gives as much of a crap about workplace ethics, laws… general… human decency and money just about as much as blizzard does

Whilst I have limited experience on this, it was noted above that Halo was delayed in order to make the campaign better whilst friends I know said AoE 4 was fantastic.

You mean the same company that turned halo from one of the greatest gaming franchises into yet another ******* CoD clone???

Game Pass has different tiers. If you’re only interested in PC games it’s actually cheaper than WOW per month.

I would not expect any change in WOW as a result of this aquisition for at least two expansions, maybe three.

It’s not that hard since they’re called Ubisoft.

5 Likes

They are pretty bad, but not on the level of Blizzard. They don’t suck China’s butt nearly as much, and they are not the leading force in cancel culture and censorship, while Blizzard is.

Better indeed!

But you can look at it from a perspective that when for example blizzard will try to push some nonsence on players microsoft will not let them to that even tho blizzard will try to do the WORD tricks you know like they always do these days
blizzard under microsoft would be pushed to do what customer wants not what DEVELOPER think is the best for you or me
and if microsoft can handle Blizzard devs this way
we can have a game that is FUN and competitive in one package :smiley:
At least i think that can happen under Microsoft

and i also hope they will manage wow tokens and wow boosters their own way :smiley:
meaning they will delete wow token from the game
and cancel wow sub so we can pay universal sub for ALL blizzard games not just 1

I dont think they would buy something for such a big amount of money without having any intentions to improve the games drasticly. I have been in a hyperstate for 15min now since reading these news it cannot be bad!! omg <3 < 3<3 <3

1 Like

Can they make it any worse?

That’s not a challenge but the player base have a lot of complaints about SL.

3 Likes

Devs be like,

“What complaints?”

5 Likes