Do you think it's good that Microsoft is buying Activision/Blizzard?

Wow 2 with Unreal 5 Dream :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Impossible to tell .Pretty sure no1 from the leadership of microsoft will share what their true agenda is ever :slight_smile: .
There isn’t a y/n for what you said .

2 Likes

Not great but probably better. Activision might be worse, Microsoft can be good in a very limited fashion.

Sorted it for ya…

10 Likes

Whenever it’s used though the enrage timer for bosses are halved…

2 Likes

You wont feel any changes for a year minimum. Taking over a company this big, takes a lot of time.

2 Likes

They’re saying June 2023, and that’s just for the takeover. So I guess around 2024/2025 to see any big difference

Honestly, I’m not quite sure what it ‘means’.

So they bought the company. Now what?
Is it just so they ‘earn what you earn’, or does Xbox now actually give them more devs, give them more money, give them more things to make their games better?

What does it actually mean to be purchased by them.

Truely Nostradamus levels of foresight and wisdom. Can’t wait for your predictions for yesterdays weather.

For me everything is good as long as they dont announce anything about WoW in console

1 Like

I’m not prepared to exonerate any proportion of the player-base/community from the game being in the state it is, until those that say “Can the game get any worse?” live by their word & quit the game… if it really is so ‘suicide inducing’ to even log into the battle.net launcher, you get no sympathy from me for doing so.

every thing that has to do with microsoft will be worse.

To be fair, Blizzard themselves haven’t been that company in years. The Shadowlands delay was the first time in ages they swallowed a bitter pill, and even then the product arguably wasn’t the best it could have been at release.

I don’t know if this acquisition is a net positive to WoW in the long run, and I certainly dislike the fact that Kotick isn’t being yeeted out the door during the transition, but I’m not so bitter as to not feel a shred of hope.

1 Like

I think it could get better but it’s not even here yet there is a lot of legal leaps to be done from now till when MS takes control next year but what we should hope happens is one they clean house as in they go through the entirety of the company from the top and remove or purge those who have had a hand in the mess that has gone on the last year. The thing now is that Kotick might be in control but he will now have someone to answer to as the year progresses and I can not see MS not wanting to take an active role in fixing the mess the company is now in.

It is going to take TIME for things to change it will not be instant or quick but at least we have a parent company that has the resources and the mindset to fix this mess not only to ABK as in the top-down but also really effect change from within. Only time and patience will tell how well this will work out I hope personally that MS actually puts the workshop staff first and does right by them.

1 Like

How much can really change when the same people stay in charge anyway… I’m thinking not that much.

Maybe if/when they start moving people around, say Ion back to encounter-design or something then sure we might see change. But I dunno :thinking:

1 Like

Everyone kisses China’s butt; it’s just more visible with some companies than others. I’m also amused that you think the company that treats its employees like crap but is now trying to change is worse than the company that treats its employees like crap and has done bugger all since they were called out on it.

1 Like

That could be said about almost every other FPS in case core mechanics.

What’s your point, man?

It could - full donor ingame shop for items

From what we have seen, Blizzard hasn’t changed one bit about treating the employees (see the union busting, Jen’s salary, etc.). The only single change they made is to let their worst employees with inflated egos and a perverted sense of morality wreak havoc on WoW. And this is far worse than nothing.

Also Blizzard’s output is close to zero. From what I’ve seen, Ubisoft at least is still making games (not sure about their quality though, I haven’t played anything from them since 2014 maybe).

AND Ubisoft also doesn’t treat PLAYERS as crappy as Blizzard, and I’m pretty sure they don’t honor racist misandrist a-holes by naming NPC’s after them. In facrt I doubt I’ve ever seen any similarly egregious political statements from any other gaming company, and Blizzard keeps doing it on a regular basis.