Do you think riot games new MMO will kill WoW?

GW2 is fun in small dosages but the game just feels stale because there is no gear to strife for and the best looking shiny stuff is from loot boxes and ingame store also when they stopped creating store armors and made everything outfits it became so boring.

Though i got to say mounts in GW2 are 10 000% more fun than every mount in wow combined.

1 Like

its not even the same designers those designers left ages ago : P that was the A team we’re on the H or something :wink:

Nope. Just as WoW didn’t kill EverQuest, which is STILL getting expansions.

Personally, my faith in Riot is fairly low. Valorant was a relative failure, as the expectation was for it to at least hurt OW and CS:GO… but it didn’t.

Their only success is in LoL, which let’s be fair, they didn’t design.

Riot isn’t a threat to any game - not to fighting games, not to shooters, and definitely not to MMOs. They got lucky with one game, and the fact that Valve waited too long to release DOTA2.

Keep in mind Riot is owned by Tencent, so if they make an MMO, I expect it to be in line with what Tencent would expect - meaning a bland, progression-based game that offers zero challenge and instead focuses on being about as accessible as a slot machine.

1 Like

If it’s PvP only, then no.

wow is undead, can’t be killed, but it’s a rotting corpse though

2 Likes

Nah, if i would have to play another mmorpg it certainly wouldnt be Valorant. I liked lol but i think the lore and character design isnt good for a mmorpg

There’s a whole graveyard full of MMOs that were going to kill WoW.

I recall the graffiti:

“God is dead”. - Nietzsche

“Nietzsche is dead”. - God

In the same spirit, I offer:

“WoW is dead”. - [New MMO]

“[New MMO] is dead”. - WoW

1 Like

wow is already dead for long time, cus if wow wasn’t killed years ago? and if non left? this game should’ve Over 100million players playing it Now.

nothing can kill the dead

wow will always maintain enough amount of players, by keep getting new players & that’s how game survive.

On a side note, re-releasing old expansion? will make wow subs reign supreme, not only that some of old players will return? new players will join for what they missed.

1 Like

Haha no
chars

Both are valid reasons, you can’t just say that being free to play and low requireements is not making it more popular. that’s one of the biggest reasons it’s so huge in asia

They are still hiring for some key roles and positions. It most likely won’t even be officially presented before we are out of afterlife here.

So nothing to worry about for the coming 3-4 years.

No game will ever kill WoW. Only WoW will kill WoW.

Every game that has been released since World of Warcraft came out is somehow going to kill WoW and they never do.

People are perfectly capable of playing multiple games.

2 Likes

Was so many potentially WoW killers… i remember when Wild star was announced…where is now.
Anyway if every LoL player will playing their MMO even for a while they can beat WoW for a short time.

Me too, but it all depends on the specifics.
I will need to know much more before I can get excited.

Anyway; no I don’t think it will kill WoW.

I second this. Guild War 2 mounts are probably the best iteration of mounts in the history of MMOs.

3 Likes

I don’t think “Riot games” is the kind of studio that would make an MMORPG that i can enjoy…

The western market is wayy too “Safe” when it comes to character creators and available outfits in game

Nobady will play game just becouse its free to play if game isnt fun to play.

I don’t understand why people keep talking about “is it going to kill wow” when new mmorpgs come out. It’s not like only one can exist at the time. More interesting is to ponder whether it will good enough to spend time in. I don’t have high hopes considering what company is making it, but if it seems fun and the kind i like, i definately will play it, just like i play the other mmorpgs i like.

3 Likes

Don’t care about Riot games or Lol. I assume there are plenty of people past their 30’s that have this view. So no, it will not kill WoW, like many have said: only ActiBlizz can kill WoW.

I do believe Riot games have a strong fan base to at least release a successful game if they put some effort in… but the game itself needs to be good. You can’t just expect an IP to carry all of it and there is the question: are the majority of MOBA players even into MMO’s?

I can’t see the game appeal to us oldies, because I’m sure the design decisions are centered more around speedrun or drop-in/drop-out gameplay. Aka designed for the younger generation.

If MMO’s went back to proper virtual worlds I could see a mass appeal. If not, well they’ll carve out their own niche fan bases.

There’s one thing killing WoW right now, and it’s WoW itself.
It’s getting far too close to the HotS situation - Blizz will wait way too long with axing WoW in favor of WoW2, to the point WoW2 will fail despite the much-needed technical improvements or the story soft-reset I would expect to come with potential WoW2.

2 Likes