Does anyone even like "Epic Battlegrounds"?

It’s PvE for ranged players & healers, and a nightmare for melees.
The objectives are boring, often involving slow, 2 button vehicles.

Do you enjoy them? If so, how and why?

2 Likes

Hmm, especially on Ashran I don’t think so. People fight with each other without any deaths for a while, then I rush in, things happen… 6-7 zugzug corpse all of a sudden in the mud (what a beautiful happy ending for them, mud).

I used to hate Ashran at first but I find that aspect of it really fun. Still because of Mercenary System I boycott bgs generally bgs sucks because of them regardless if you are melee or ranged.

I expect support of every single Alliance player about that subject, hardcore zugzugs are also welcomed.

Man you are on a roll with your agenda, maybe keep it to a relevant topic?

I like any epic bg that does not include vehicles

1 Like

My post is already relevant to the topic with one additional flavour. Git gud at reading.

I like them, mainly because I like huge chaotic fights.

2 Likes

Yes I like them.

I enjoy them a lot too. I like the fact that you get to emphasize heavy AoE abilities and talents that otherwise don’t see much use in the smaller Battlegrounds. It makes for a different way of playing your character in a PvP setting.

3 Likes

No. Its good honor gain tho

Av- pve race still? Who kill boss first after 2 towers

Isle - boring

Wintergrasp - worst thing in universe, maybe worse then BFA island bg.

Ashran - could be fun if actually people doing objectives here and not just race for 100 kills.

All about AFK - terrible, idk. I even don’t know why i’m still q for epics. Mb coz horde is just get smashed so hard in casual BG. Kekw

1 Like

Conceptually I like Wintergrasp, but that might be a nostalgia thing, since I used to play Lineage 2 as a teenager and big sieges were a core part of the game. Functionally, I actually despise Wintergrasp, because we all know how big of a mess it is right now. I don’t care if it is possible to win as attack, it’s way too hard compared to defense’s win condition.
Ashran and AV have horrible resource balance - on AV, it’s basically impossible to win through the secondary condition, which could be acceptable, but on Ashran it might be literally impossible to win through primary condition, even if you wanted to. It just feels completely wrong to have a quest to kill the commander, know that there is a line of defenses leading up to the commander, but the BG itself never gets to the stage where it matters and ends because of kill count.
So I guess it’s not as much about liking or not, it’s just plain facts that they have design issues and need a lot of love from Blizzard. I could like them, if they weren’t so wonky overall.

Back to the mud.

Epics are great for freshly dinged 60s. They serve their purpose.

To AFK for gear? Idk, i even met yesterday 1 Russian streamer multi-glad that do nothing but stay AFK on his alt and leeching…and this players called themself a PvP players. Better to comeback in times where premades fight against premades. Coz AFK fiesta much worse and i was wrong when blaming premades in epics, actually.

1 Like

I couldnt agree with you more.

Alterac Valley - YES - Nostalgia and it’s got lots of places to fight not just one big boring zerg where (as someone stated) Ranged is PVE and Melee is miserable.

Isle of Conquest - NO - Absolutely hideous, not seen Alliance win it a single time in the entire of this expansion. Not a bad BG overall but, Idk if it’s the players or what, but this is unplayable as it stands. Being the only person hitting enemy glaives etc is not my idea of fun.

Wintergrasp - NO - The unbalanced state it’s in right now is so unenjoyable I would leave before the game starts. Win or lose, doing either guaranteed is not my idea of fun.

Ashran - NO - This is the maxed out version of PvE ranged, dead melee and it’s intolerable. Two big zergs pushing back and forth in a boring spam of AOE spells. Even in it’s current expansion I could only tolerate it on my hunter.

So overall no, I don’t enjoy them.

3 Likes

They are a reminder of classic times. When AV fights become drawn out it can be quite enjoyable defending and capping towers.

How do I enjoy them? By playing objectives. Why do I enjoy them? As above.

Vehicles in this game are horrible and not fun. AV needs tweaked so that the base guards are also more powerful whilst vandar and towers are active. Would stop a base rush. Or make capping graves in sequence a requirement.

Right now AV and even Ashran and just “charge boss now”

Edit: I only enjoy AV.m

1 Like

coordinate work together you say?
when rest of them dont care for objective go let them win plz
or feed them kills mostly the melee dps(horde in ashran)
rated bgs has its bot/leecher fest too like wod

yknow what will make it fun give bg/brawl captcha
including rated solo queue where it will be noob-proof

1 Like

Not much fun for a feral in Ashran, either go cat and get nuked from behind a wall of enemy melees or go bear and do absolutely no damage. Still have some fun games in IOC and AV.

If I get into AV I will play, any other BG I turn off sound, bind frost shock on mousewheel scroll and hit tab once in a while and put on a series on Netflix.

I always tho dat people do like to watch some adult videos while /follow in the grp. :thinking:
Actually AV is the most disqusting map, this fast rush to PvE and AFK 95% of the time is so boring… :roll_eyes:

I like Alterac Valley and Isle of Conquest. I don’t like Wintergrasp and Ashran.