Remove Mercenary Mode

So, when this stupid system will be removed from the game? Let’s take a look at it.

1- It encourages people to join horde which is the more crowded faction.
2- Mercenaries are generally there to leech honor and troll Alliance teams and frustrate Alliance players.
3- Mercenaries have really negative impact on Alliance winrates since they use mercenary mode to farm honor via defeats.

I used to like random bgs but mercenary mode definitely makes it unappealing if you are an Alliance. My winrate with mercenaries in my team is extremely low, whilst it is extremely high with full Alliance teams.

Mercenary Mode also makes Alliance-Horde winratio meaningless, because you know thousands of defeats were caused by horde mercenaries on Alliance side.

This is a serious problem that needs to be taken care of.

#RemoveMercenaryMode.

49 Likes

Why would anyone join horde since que time is twice or even 3 times more?

Tin foil hat off please

Tin foil hat off please?

Ive done a crazy amount of BG’s with that munk back in BFA and my priest as mercenary, i was wining every BG that was not russ/ger/french premade.

But you as a very sensitive alliance player have to make it a “horde issue” again.

9 Likes
  1. Not really.
  2. Not really.
  3. Anecdotal evidence is no evidence.

Cool topic, I sum it up as: Alliance player who cries.

16 Likes

It has nothing to do with tinfoil hat. Today a druid was complaining about how bad the Alliance is, then I brought mouse cursor onto his name, what a surprise “Highmountain Tauren”.

This is a recent example, fresh. There have been alot more stuff similar to this. I also see 150 iLvL Blood Elves, randomly Hero popping undead mages for us to not benefit from Hero when we need it.

These are all real things that I witnessed personally and I am not even a random bg spammer and I witnessed this many negative things related to mercenaries, sometimes just going through that torture just to complete weeklies.

That is why I use the word “generally” not “all”, you are an exception, there are a few more like you then. If negative examples are majority with them, then it is a problem. Do you want me to take screenshots next time? I’ll surely will and post them here.

How did you do that?
I cant see if someone is mercenary. Was it a toy or something?
I do see horde people chilling in oribos being Nelfs Or Humans. You probably got baited from a toy that changes appereance.

Rude xXxXxX are everywhere, in the alliance + the horde.

Personally ive seen people saying the same thing for the horde inside a horde BG, was that the alliance SPY fault?

Cmon man… Have a little dignity what is this…
The mercenary mode helps your faction, not the horde.

Yes, remove, i hope horde players will return and horde undergeared 21K AFK players fiesta will ends. Coz everyone in their mind will take merc mode to q ally side BG, coz terribad horde winrate in SL.

4 Likes

Sounds pretty irrelevant, you’re crying and sound irrational.

There is nothing irrational about facts supported by proof. I’ll keep updating this topic and fill this place with proofs. I don’t care if you think it is irrevelant and irrational to be honest.

It is okay if it is someone from your own faction, mercenaries are more likely to do that. Flaming, giving up, sabotaging is what they contribute as mercenary rather than trying to win. They expect freewins if that doesn’t happen do all kinds of negative things.

So they expect free wins and they sabotage at the same time?

Mate anyone that gets inside a BG wants honor or honor marks or to win the BG’s for the weekly, that cant be done by sabotaging.

Its like saying im joining a raid group to sabotage it instead of getting gear, you literally make 0 sense inside your nerdrage.

5 Likes

Easy solution, everyone becomes a merc, no alliance or horde as such but all mercs, teams picked completely at random and pvp actually becomes pvp instead of horde v ally, this should effectively also stop any kind of premade, as teams are picked randomly so is your start point, could be horde base, could be ally, could be attacking, could be defending. Could easily end up with horde v horde or ally v ally. No more waiting time issues for horde as you just fight against your own. Job done.

11 Likes

I had a fire mage in my last game who spent half of the game in the graveyard.
20k HP in quest greens with priest buff.

I told people to report him as AFK because he’d spend so much time resurrected at the graveyard and not doing anything (literally just standing in the same place) and he instantly started swearing and getting toxic and he said (edited to proper spelling) “I don’t care if I lose because I’m a horde farming quick honour.”

He finished the 15 min BG on 34K damage done and 7 deaths and 0 killing blows and 10 honour kills.

Our team started flaming him hard once he became toxic because how can you have 34k damage done as one of the FOTM classes right now even in greens.

They need to remove mercenaries ASAP, I noticed my BGs are becoming filled with these people now especially when you use the battleground add on and can check people’s health points quickly before the game starts on both teams…

5 Likes

I saw same mentality mercenaries many times before. That is not the only one.

If blizzard want random bgs to mean something they must otherwise it will stay as a trash content.

I did a wintergrasp 1 hour ago, half of the team was Horde mercenaries and guess what, all of them were afk, honor leechers. Bottom of the chart every one of them. That was the worst Wintergrasp team I’ve ever had until now. Full of 20k hp afk mercenaries. 3 Alliance players were going crazy “Why are you all there why don’t you help!?” Rightfully they sweared to them. I told them those afk ones are horde mercenaries, they got really angry and bad words flew around as it should be.

Mercenaries ruin the random battlegrounds for Alliance players and must get removed from the game, immediately.

4 Likes

If you was a bot you would bot alliance because the honor gains are better. Bots are a real thing.
Also if you have tons of characters then you also que alliance to do the weekly pvp quests due to faster ques.

I agree regardless. Faction choice should matter and this makes balancing them even harder.
One faction can play either side, the other cannot. That is clear enough incentive for some people. Even if alliance got merc instead still no good.

It should have never been added. It is a crutch for the pvp system that needs more attention in general. Not a plaster over a broken bone.

3 Likes

Yeah, I don’t ask for Alliance to use mercenary mode, both sides should never have access to such abomination system. It fuels faction imbalance, it fuels toxicity and rage amongst players more than anything. It is completely harmful system for Alliance side currently.

If people want short ques, they must make an Alliance character or change their faction, they must not have access to mercenary system.

1 Like

i go mercenary so i enter a bg in 2min instead of 10min+ queue
i dont give a crap if am playing ally or horde, am there to win.
who would waste theyr own time just to make “alliance players lose”

7 Likes

Just had to mention this as alliance did have access to this system first.

Bots and leechers don’t care about wins, they care about honor gains and getting back in to games quickly if they get ejected.

2 Likes

Horde get the mercenary mode, Alliance get the honor boost. If you remove one, remove the other as well.

What?

ROFL. Nobody does this at max level. The only place where this sometimes happens is level 20 bgs where f2p / vet people are bored out of their minds and have multiple accounts to queue with anyway due to not having to pay a sub (so they queue their alt for a different side, try to get into the same bg as their main, then leave or afk).

How about no, the average wait time for me in 7 mins, with Mercenary mode that is down to 1 minute.

I’m in favor of this. I don’t need extra honor. I just don’t want to play with horde spies

4 Likes