Does Blizzard support cheating?

Bots are on the increase…on my server (mirage raceway) at least, and Blizzard don’t seem to be doing anything about it.
For the last 2-3 weeks there are more and more bots. It will soon be at a stage where it is impossible for certain professions to gather any mats at all. There are now multiple bots competing at the same area…

Every day I report these bots, and next day they are still there. I need to know if botting is tolerated by Blizzard so that I can go ahead google how to do it myself…that would be the only way I could compete with all the hunter bots.

So let me know Blizzard. I don’t mind competing with real players, but this completely ruins gameplay.

2 Likes

i think you meant to post this in the classic forum.

well, multiboxing is allowed. this is why you might see them still running around although you ve reported them. botting on the other hand is not and is a bannable offense.

you should still report them though as its really hard to tell whether someone is botting or just multiboxing. if enough people report it blizzard might have a look into this then and ban them if they are botting.

multiboxers are an issue everywhere. not only in classic. but theres pretty much nothing you can do about it.

5 Likes

Yes it is.

This is tricky indeed, most players know that multiboxing is allowed so they are not reporting them, but no one ever considers that multiboxer can be played on bot also, so reporting multiboxers should be routine :smiley:

yeah, when in doubt, report it. if they are only multiboxing they got nothing to fear if blizzard investigates. and if they re actually botting…well. blizzard will swing the ban hammer. :smiley:

3 Likes

Well, they might say to themselves that they are not cheating but testing…

1 Like

Yea but that’s the lamest way of trying to get out of trouble when someone gets caught in the act.

2 Likes

WoW classic doesn’t have a customer support section I think.

I’t extremely easy to recognise a bot.
1/ They run a fixed route, and after a kill return to the exact spot at the point they detected the mob.
2/ You can try kill mobs in front of them and they will not deviate form whatever the scripted route is.
3/ They run the same route every day, don’t reply to any wisp…in the same way Blizz don’t reply to reporting…

Multoboxers is usually a real person with a few ‘bots’ following. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a full botted multibox group.

Only reason I post here is because after 2-3 weeks of daily/hourly reporting, the exact same bots are there every single day…and there seems no way at all to create an ingame ticket on the subject (of reporting not working).

Ban the damn bots, it’ll then take them a week or two to multibox new ones?

1 Like

They’ve explained on multiple occasions that these bans happen in waves once enough data are gathered and all that.

But yeah, this mentality that “multiboxing is okay” is not okay.
And yet again, it’s only Blizzard who is to blame here, as they themselves explicitly said so - which means that there are botters who are running their business unnoticed, because they also multibox.

1 Like

Which will happen after the server’s economy is already collapsed making it unplayable. I understand why they need to collect data, but the price is way too high for that.

How do you know if they are bots? I mean, I did not see bots for long time. Anyways, cheating and botting is not tolerated. Ban hammer will happen, not immediately, but it will.

I’t extremely easy to recognise a bot.
1/ They run a fixed route, and after a kill return to the exact spot at the point they detected the mob.
2/ You can try kill mobs in front of them and they will not deviate form whatever the scripted route is.
3/ They run the same route every day, don’t reply to any wisp…in the same way Blizz don’t reply to reporting…

Takes around 3 minutes to read the already existent comments…

Okay but that means that you have to stalk, like really stalk a player around and watch what it is doing. I am not sure about you but that is already wasted time on things that I don’t particularly care nor I think it’s worth doing it.

I mean, sure okay if you are a bot-headhunter, or something like that, good luck to you. I’d rather play the game.

I’m not stalking them, they are at every spot I farm mats for my profession, I can’t get away from them.

Are they bots or other players farming mats as well? I mean, I cannot just trust your word because how can I know that you just don’t want to get rid of competition by calling them bots? No offense.

1 Like

Lol, i would go to all this trouble to falsely report them and risk a ban myself…yeah right. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Multiboxing IS ok. Botting is not and people should really start making clear what are the differences and how either works before posting such.

1 Like

I remember back in the day we had the active in-game Game Masters (is that what they were called?) they could immediately check if it was a bot or not.

No, what I meant is that you have legit option in game to report players for cheating. I mean, you can always report a player for your estimation that they are cheating. Blizzard will investigate and do what they think it’s necessary.

Reason why I am saying this is that from my perspective, at least on my realm, I have not see many people farming things. I just see them fly to the node and go away and that is “occasionally”.

The reason for that is that aren’t really node bots (except maybe ghost mushroom?).
The bots farm mats of specific mobs, which are only in certain areas…like lvl 50+ satyrs.