Does Blizzard support cheating?

Yeah, it’s “okay” because Blizzard said so - because it means more money for them, duh.

It’s not okay in the sense that when you see a botting multiboxer, it’s quickly dismissed by all the knowitalls, saying “he’s just multiboxing, multiboxing is okay” while feeling smart for parroting whatever crap they read elsewhere.

1 Like

Multiboxing is not against the TOS, but it is actively ruining server economies. When you see that the price of Zin’athid just halved is a day, you know some botter or multiboxer did their round.

1 Like

I understand the reporting system Janko, and that’s my real complaint…it’s too slow.
By the looks of it by the time they do something about it, the botters probably already have time to have leveled more bots on a different account.
There will probably be replacement bots at the ready if it takes Blizz 4 weeks to take action on a bot.

Understand that they have enough money to make as many accounts as they want if they are goldsellers.

Botting-multiboxer does not change the fact that BOTTING is not ok. Multiboxing as action is very different from ‘botting’. I am a multiboxer and I very swiftly report any bot. I have 0 tolerance on any sort of cheating and botting. More so since I have multiboxed (every now and then) since Vanilla, for me detecting ‘boxers’ and ‘botters’ is very easy.

If you suspect a ‘boxer’ or ‘botter’ write report. Legit multiboxers are safe, when reported as they do not use (or shouldn’t be using) any automation and Blizzard can detect that.

Also reminder - bans happen in waves in most cases. So when you see a bot still there days after. Trust me Blizzard knows about them and Blizzard is on ‘fact finding mission’. The ban will come to those bots.

1 Like

Two weeks and counting, but I do hope you’re right :slight_smile:

I hope so too. I have had my fair share of ‘druid bots’ in recent weeks too, and I have to believe that Blizzard acts as they have in past. In past bots have got permanent bans. And I have spoken to a guildie, who got banned once (permanently and needed new account) told he used his bot program months untill the wave hit him.

… but important was that the ban wave did hit him. And we have to keep reporting those, who break rules and hope that Blizzard does their part.

You don’t seem to get my point.

Point being that people overlook botters if they’re also multiboxing - I’ve seen this many many times, someone is farming, sees a bunch of druids zooming around snatching every herb around, they start complaining in the guild chat and some dumbo quickly jumps in defending the potential botter, claiming “it’s just multiboxer, multiboxing is fine”.

I wonder if Blizzard would be okay with multiboxing if it was possible without having to pay for multiple accounts, in other words, if they didn’t get extra cash from it.
I’m pretty sure then it would be considered “gameplay automation” and therefore bannable :smile:

Oh ? That’s new type of behaviour - not seen myself it. No, there’s no excuse for botting - even when they have several bots in a train. NO. :rage:

Silly people… NO!

That’s not how basic multiboxing works. I can use my multoboxing even in game slike 76, ESO, etc etc because there’s no automatisation, when you can use windows and microft own software to copy kkeystrokes across windows, and when you use additional software like hotkey (just to name one) - then there’s no way a gaming system can differenciate windows key stroke from that.

Said this, now I go multibox some of that LongBoi fund.

Multiboxing is not botting, some will always call multiboxing botters. Multiboxing is not against the rules in World of Warcraft.

Using software to control multiple accounts at once is not botting, a person needs to be controlling the gaggle of accounts. Not all multiboxers use software either.

The crudest way of looking at it is, is there someone controlling this group of NPCs then it’s multiboxing. Someone is performing actions on one account that is mirrored on the others.

Botters don’t have to be present at their PC, it’s a programme that does everything for you. You can be asleep in bed and that bot will still perform whatever actions you’ve set it to do (level/gather etc).

1 Like

Thanks for clearing that up :slight_smile:

Now let’s agree Botting is NOT OK …mmmk.

3 Likes

Yeah, multi boxing is allowed cheating because they pay Blizzard extra money to have the permission to cheat. It isn’t OK and nothing will change my view to that.

Same for people selling boosts in game, that is allowed because it drives sales on WoW tokens with people dropping £17 a token for their boost in game.

2 Likes

I see it like this:

• Botting is not allowed.
  • Botting multi-boxing is not allowed
  • multi-boxing is allowed
  • multi-boxing can ethically questionable when used in certain scenario’s (Economic/pvp scenario’s)
    I tried multi-boxing with 2 accounts during wrath, only for 1 month, didn’t have the money to keep it up xD

Not new at all.

But the lesson is - if you want to bot, make sure you also multibox as well, you will be less likely to get reported :wink:

1 Like

How can u tell if the bot is really a bot…?? :sweat_smile:

Maybe he s just a lazy person that what he want it s just looking a tree all day.

I doubt you get less reported because you bot with several accounts since his makes it easier to detect if you bot. So on the contrary if you want to make your boting more easily noticeable make several characters of same class and train them up.

Indeed multiboxers are always being reported, so that really wouldn’t work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not it is not. Botters run in singular units spaced relatively far away. A multiboxer has a lead character and the rest clustered on follow in the follow distance.

1 Like

I can assemble into a line, and cluster my minions too and I can swap lead character with a tab- its not the distance that sets them apart, but the generic movement. A MB would still move and act as normal player. A bot generally has pre-set route and is very linear. Just a moment of observation and you can see those details.

It maybe harder to detect if a flying herbing druid is a bot or not (and have not seen the player in hub act as … well normal players do!), but then you can report them ‘just for good measure’ (Blizzard would undertand if you explain why- be it odd name, behaviour or other reason you suspect botting)- as well their name and gear is indicator if the team is played, or is just a bot. Honest multiboxer will not get punished as they do not use anything that breaks Blizzards terms.

Names can be indicator too. Not always, but most cases MB players have very solid naming rules. Like DruidOne, DruidTwo, or ABC etc at end of names (as it makes setting up macros easier as well setting up game windows which often get renamed as One, Two or A, B, C) . Dedicated bots tend to have more randomized characters. MB players do tend to look after their characters. More so if MB uses different classes or full party of different classes you see them just having pointless fun and they are clearly set apart from botters.

Some my minions are abysmally badly geared, but then again i am certain that when my 430-440 dks run around they will NOT be mistaken to bots. :blush: I love my dks very much and I do play them on-their-own too and mix of frost and UH dks can be fun ! And that I cannot decide which one of them I want to play, so i play all!

2 Likes

I am baffled by how many people are okay with multiboxing.

People always say that pay-to-win micro-transactions are awful and ruin games. But how is it different from multiboxing?
You pay a 5 times higher subscription to get 5 times as many materials per node and to be able to “solo” any world boss or world PVP encounter. Why is that suddenly ok?

1 Like