Does horde want longer queue times in AV?

Right now I play a Alliance Warrior on the EU servers.
Lets just look at the facts.
Alliance got a real bad map in AV. So the only reason alliance want to go there is the honor and rep (duh).
A lot of hordes has recently started defending their lt’s and killing the rep-mobs for the alliance. This makes the alliance not get any honor, and not much rep.
I have played from neutral to halfway to exalted (10k / 21k) rep.
I have won 3 games so far.
So basically we get no or very little rep per run, almost no honor (since the horde is defending lts) and no wins.
As a horde, do you want the queue times to increase even more in AV?

Because that’s what you are doing.

3 Likes

How do Alliance have a Bad map? You jump over a wall and cap Frost Wolf Relief Hut, before our archers even start shooting you. Horde have to funnel over the Bridge and get MC’d off, and shot to sh!t before we’re in the base. I’d prefer these queue times and have the 90%+ win rate, seeing as WSG/AB Premades have made those two BG’s unplayable as a solo queuer.

4 Likes

Horde start close to middle, alliance at the very top.
You get to Balinda way faster we can get to Galv.
Look at the GY’s, horde’s GY’s are open and easy to run wherever you want.
Alliance GY starts in a corridor, the GY at the very top you can even stand and corpsecamp from above.
Do i need to continue?

11 Likes

yea it’s horde favoured like the entire game.
wcb, wf, berserking and blood fury should be enough for anyone to roll horde. blizzard designed this game with horde in mind, the alliance was just added after metzen snapped out of his orc personality

8 Likes

This excuse every time… the main reason we even lose in AV is because we’ve got faster queues and people give up way too easily lol.

6 Likes

Read, understand, dont write crap about map layout, it is a horde map, no matter what ppl wanna say:

2 Likes

Such a small minded person :joy: talking about the horde back door and claiming you have to run over a bridge to enter the Alli base.

1 Like

Maybe the Alliance should try to kill the enemy players in the PVP battlegrounds instead of trying to run right past them to kill NPCs?
Maybe staying at the graveyard after you spawn because it’s safe and you don’t want to get killed isn’t a good strategy?

3 Likes

Wall of text, tl dr at bottom:

I believe that the LT defending is just a byproduct of the LT placement. If they weren’t conneted to towers and graveyards, which are important, I think noone would care one bit about you killing LTs.
If the horde could trust allies to only kill, for example, the IB tower LT, I am certain noone would stop you, as a matter of fact it would be encouraged since it ties up people from defending SP/DB. But someone always get creative or greedy and start capping towers out of spite, especially at endgame, so it it’s easier to clean out allies with the help of the elite LTs instead of trusting them to just try to add 198 honor to the final score.

Now this might sound a bit pompouse and “alliance can have a little LTs, as a treat” and I know that’s the only thing most will take away from this post, but what I’m trying to say is that I think the horde isn’t defending LT’s to spite you. At least not most of the time.

Most of the time, and now I’m talking about myself, as a terrible pvper, it feels a but bad after a long AV to see ally end with only 398 or less. Worst are the long ones where allys afk out after 1900 honor and around 7 poor souls get to get beaten with 0 bonus in the end. I know queues are fast, but it still pisses me off on their behalf.
Then there’s those, mostly gnomes and humans for some reason, who feel the need to /spit or /lol when they 5 man a single player. Those games feel really better the less bonus they get. I am that petty, yes.

Anyway, TL; DR:
LTs are defended, not out of spite, but because they are placed at key locations.
Sorry about rambling.

1 Like

Yes Horde has the map advantage but is Alliance playing the bg efficiently? Usually there are major mistakes in Alliance games.
Also

If there are enough players who quite after 20 min or think that avoid fighting when the other side defends heavily is a good strategy then Alliance have lost before the bg begins.

Good let alliance lose more, they deserve to lose is they give the horde a 50 min queue timer

1 Like

You guys said we’d have 2-4 hour queues if Blizzard disabled Ally AV premades.
That didn’t happen either.
:thinking:

Lol what a troll you are

The map layout might favor Horde a bit, but that is not the point we are losing almost every game. The reason we are losing is that on Alliance side 80% of the players are PvE players who just want the rep for PvE items while they neither want or actually can play PvP, 10% just want fast honor per hour and 10% are afk or leveling in the cave. On Horde side most of the players actually want to and can PvP while they get the rep and honor as a side effect.

That’s a fundamental difference in the spirit of how and why to play the game. I hate the Horde playstile as Alliance but actually they are playing the map right (defending their own objectives, intercepting Alliance trying to get through etc.) while most Alliance players come with their PvE gear and get blown up before I am even able to cast a FoL (wave to the full leather warriors or cloth Paladins).

2 Likes

I too have noticed this new horde dickish behavior of defending the lts and killing the rep npcs but can’t really blame them. It is indeed a dick move but alliance is so terrible that horde can get away with it.

Horde is winning because they have more 5-man groups than Alliance, the game is set and decided before it starts. The scope of coordination that 5-man groups bring to the table allows for premade strategies in AV.

I won’t go to AV more, so you deserve to have 1 hour wait and more, because you guys are allways searching for a perfect AV, why don’t you reinforce you frontlines and keep in the back patrolling to catch everyone that wants to pass and make some honor?

I will wait for you in AB and WSG to battle you in fair terms and your superior mentality!

Av is a bad bg. Why would you bother with it in the first place?

2 Likes

It’s been explained before.
Because you guys then start capping towers even tho you won’t get them to sub 2mins before the game is over, taking honor away from us.
So, a few of us who care about that honor go back and hunt you down.
But sure, it’s ‘bad behaviour’ to be killing enemy players in a BATTLEGROUND.
Ok…

k.

1 Like

This is what happen when you abuse premade in AV. You end up f**** when you play an alt or reroll.

Besides anything that makes allies suffer more is worth it even at own expense :smiley: