Does it seem a hell of a lot less busy as of late?

Argent Dawn. Rp server.

Other servers are PvE.

So yeah, there’s kinda a RULE in the name of the server.

That’s not a rule, a tag without a proper authority/explicit rule is just an indication.

That would implicate that you must do PvE on a PvE server, which isn’t true, or PvP on a PvP server, which also isn’t true. It’s a suggestion, not a rule.

Roleplay in Goldshire? Did something change since the great corruption of 2008?

Could add, she didn’t say additional rules exist. But they should.

Which ones?

The original RP server rules would be good.
Excluding maybe the no OOC in trade, unless they brought back global channels.

Can you quickly recite them? I am not familiar with what they were. Full disclosure - I am asking because I don’t see how anything can have a big effect on the number of people who choose not to RP. But maybe I am wrong.

1 Like

It isn’t so much that’d stop people, it will become easier to report issues though and would reduce the amount of nonsense floating around over time.

1 Like

Thank you both.

I vaguely remember seeing these rules before then. So, there are basically two things: appropriate character names and general chat being reserved to RP talk, no OOC. The latter is obviously more restrictive. I don’t think enforcing it will have much of an effect in current times because non-RP people just talk less with randoms now, there’s no need. Everything is in community chats / bnet chats / etc.

I agree you will perhaps be able to ban a few more players than now, but realistically I doubt the effect will be huge.

Just so we are clear, I wouldn’t be against this rule - because it wouldn’t hit me at all. I never talk to strangers out in the wild, all talks are in parties, communities, etc. So, if that rule will help you more than it will harm (there will be some harm from people misreporting others for petty reasons, etc), sure, I wouldn’t be against it.

Areas like the Trade District and Valley of Strength see a hell of a lot of people having OOC conversations in /s or sometimes /y. With the rule, it’d be easier to move through those zones without people saying “hurr RPers! Lol” cause if they did, a lot easier to get the reports going.

7 Likes

The amount of OOC chat in /says or /yells that I encounter whenever I’m in Stormwind/Boralus leaves me with the impression that it would help us a lot.

9 Likes

RP is about fun. Everyone who try dictate what this “fun” consists of are probably not very fun to be with.

Glad you solved it with the WM mode. ^^

If you’re having fun hanging around with people who peddle overtly erotic tones that aren’t suited for 12+ audiences, you should really reconsider your own outlook.

10 Likes

Well yeah, that’s the whole point. Of coure RP is about fun. Pretty difficult to have fun though when there are OOC griefers, child RPers, etc. And nobody is dictating anything, aside from basic RP etiquette and human morals and decency, but if you consider that dictating, then… ok? No normal human being would think the stuff that happens around Goldshire is okay, and I’ve not even talked about the cases of child groomers / child RPers that sexualize children that sadly plague this realm.

Just don’t ERP in a 12+ rated game and don’t be obnoxious/OOC in /s /y or /e. I mean if that’s considered dictating, then I guess we’re all dictators. Alas… they don’t call it the Federation of Evil for nothing…

7 Likes

There’s basic etiquette and then there’s stupidity.

Etiquette = No trolling, disrupting, sexual advances etc.

Stupidity = ERP and nonce-ing. However you’d speak that word…

Y’all RPing in the wrong places to see OOC stuff. I see none when I RP uwu

So my comment gets taken wrong…
That wasn’t my opinion, so please do not put words in my mouth.

I know people who RP in goldshire who are NOT erping or doing any bad stuff, I also know people who RP elsewhere and also get told “BADRP” etc.

RP should be for fun, and it’s quite obvious it should not be the abusive kind…

Didn’t put anyway words in your mouth. But if you’re “RPing” in Goldshire, you’re RPing around erotic smut peddlers who need to be banned.

Also, what RP happens there that you can actually see beyond everyone jumping around naked, exactly?

The thing is, there shouldn’t be wrong places to RP. It’s an RP server and we should be able to comfortably be IC wherever in the world. Unfortunately that simply isn’t possible.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.