Donations to Ukrainian players

Is there someone in the wowsphere with the intelligence and reach to set up a way for us to donate gold/tokens to ukrainian players?

Actiblizz just put their subs up to €10, the average monthly income is €300 and they are at war. They should give them free subs!

I haven’t got loads of gold but I’d pool what I have together to give someone a distraction from war for a month.

7 Likes

1 - Even if the sub numbers got increased to 10€, rest of the world still pays more for the game (I believe we pay 13 €).
2 - WoW and videogaming in general is a luxury, not a necessity like food, home, water. Why don’t you write to BMW, that they should provide free cars for Ukraine then?
3 - Activision Blizzard is a company, not a charity institution. The main goal of the company is to generate / earn money, and not because Bobby Kotick needs a new yacht, but primarly because there are thousand employees there, that also get salaries and that pay the bills just like us normal people do.

That’s nice of you, and I’m sure you can do that, but the points before are nonsense.

25 Likes

You can gift game time / game expansions. You will need to add them to your friend list and wait few days.

What a stupid thought… im from a 3rd world country

My country feels like its at war all round the clock… rising prices and less wages. We do not even have a minimum wage concept in our country…

No one spoke abour donating gold to us before?? We know wow is a luxury and it is oir decision to play the game or not…

So stop this useless discussion. If a country is at war go help volunteer… there are loads of help needed… nkt lock your self in a room escape reality and literally complain about price increases.

23 Likes

I think that is a great idea

1 Like

First, im not saying that blizz should give free stuff but, would like to say its not as black and white as it might seem at first. Yes, food and water is necessary to stay alive and gaming isn’t. Just like singing a song isn’t. But a good song can inspire a man to crawl out of a darkest corner and live another day. A game, likewise, can bring some peace and escape from cruel reality. We are human, we need more than just a full stomach to keep our sanity, to not give up…

I agree, but that’s not the point of the discussion. You’re mixing apples and pears. How I feel about the war, people, Ukraine is something else and not even important. OP’s demanding that Blizzard gives away subs for free due to a political decision - this is something I’m commentating on, and something I disagree with, and anyone that agrees with that, is just delusional.

There’s tons of free entertainment, and discussing psychological aspects like this, over one of the few games that are not free to use, is just wrong.

I’m not gonna argue that you only need food & water because mental stability and escapism is a big part of why people play games.

But there are other games out there that are free, if you are at war wouldn’t it be smarter to save your money for other stuff which might in the long run become scarce and more expensive than waste it on a WoW sub when if it’s just “to play a game” you could play any of the thousands upon thousands of games out there that are free.

1 Like

I’m not demanding anything. I’m saying if they had an understanding of morals and a few brain cells, free subs to ukraine would be a great move. It’d be a fantastic pr move and the devil might poke them a little less hard when they are attoning for their greed.

1 Like

Have you tried tweeting about it? This usually helps attract the attention of people like OP.

“I’m just calling people I don’t know a bunch of principled sinners who will burn in hell for not wanting to work for free” :rofl:

3 Likes

This game can be quite therapeutic, especially when you’re being invaded by a nuclear power

2 Likes

Yes, that demand was silly, but donations, as the title says, on other hand is completely acceptable.

If i like metal, rap will do me no good.
Is it really waste of money if its something you love?

It’s not the people that work hard making games at actiblizz that set the prices. The company makes more than enough money that it can afford not to raise prices in a country at war.

Somewhere a group of people were sat around a table and agreed that this was a good idea. It’s as stupid as it is evil.

In the context of “my country is at war, supplies are getting more scarce and expensive” then yes, it’s a total waste of money.

Such a bummer that WoW is the only warcraft game or the only MMO out there.

It might be the only game that your friends or guildies play.

1 Like

Damn, it’s that argument about evil corporations again. How could I not notice it?

So, it’s either WoW or nothing? Tough choice.

2 Likes

I find it very hard to believe that someone ONLY plays WoW and nothing else.

I find it hard to believe that someone has time for a game outside wow and can afford this game, unless you quit or don’t try to get the best items. But if you wanna get the best items, this game is insanely grindy…

you can donate the gold to this char if you want. i think there are other important stuff you can do to help them than paying with wow gold. xD

1 Like

Still remains a gaming company. Even if they do a “fantastic pr move” like this do you they will gain some added benefit like attracting extra customers to buy and play diablo 4 in example or wow? It’s not like some product people already buy and would change brand.