Don't get it - why does A get buff + loot for nothing?

So this is not an alliance is crap post, BUT…

1. Alliance were hiding in wm off - so blizz thought, let’s give am a buff to encourage wm on

2. Then big alliance grps formed, they got free 400 as well

3. Horde grps formed and it was fun so see raid vs raid

4. Horde gets no rewards, alliance does. So more and more alliance turns on WM. Horde numbers decrease (as there is no reward)

5. I though I was just on the wrong realm (although horde was always dominant here) and got farmed by alliance raids, but there were still 1-2 horde raids in group finder on other realms

6. Now - permanent there is an alliance raid on my realm, no horde group in group finder

So now you could say - just turn off wm - BUT, my question is: why is alliance still encouraged to turn on WM while Horde is left behind? I really try to suppress my feelings against alliance, but still the question remains - WHY? why would these BBBBB still get a buff + free loot? I don’t get it.

No QQ here, I’ll kill u on sight anytime

8 Likes

THIS is where it all went wrong. Right at the first step.

Giving a +bonus and 400 gear was a mistake. Once they’ve given an incentive of that level and then start decreasing that incentive, what is there to keep alliance, (who have already shown they don’t really want to WPvP) interested in WPvP?

The numbers of alliance has increased yes, but now the reward has dropped to 20% bonus and a 385ilvl peice (I’d love a free 385 by the way let alone a 400…) how many Alliance are there still to be encouraged into WPvP who haven’t been already? I know for a fact plenty of alliance turn on WM once a week…

Blizz have worked themselves into a corner here. The only way this current system of rewards will continue to work to increase alliance numbers is if they keep on rewarding high ilvl gear, which would be blatantly unfair given that precious little in the way of PvP involvement is required to get hold of said gear.

Blizz should bite the bullet and admit they got this wrong. Implement a new system where there are significant rewards that are attainable by both sides. Something like a “wintergrasp” where a quest or objective has to be captured and can only be done so by and organised raid where WPvP has to happen.

4 Likes

Warmode should be 30% for BOTH factions, alliance didn’t found 10% appealing while horde did, and it resulted in more and more alliances turning it off. Now it’s the opposite so they did not fix anything, we are at the same spot than 8.0 but now alliance are getting better rewards out of it.

Fix this asap the problem of WM is that you had barely any reason to have it on, now it’s worth the risk, at least for alliance but not for horde so you effectively killed WPVP

3 Likes

The extra incentive for outnumbered is designed to rebalance the player types in wm. By rewarding one side with a kill quest, they are motivated to kill enemy players. An increase in wpvp activity. This is resulting in Horde pure pve’ers turning off wm, bringing their numbers hopefully more in line with the already lower Alliance pure pve’er numbers.

It’s having the effect Blizz want, faction balance can happen. It could unbalance again, but the extra reward system should keep auto rebalancing.

For it to work, incentivizing one side is the only way.

1 Like

this is needed because blizzards policies let to imbalances in the first place. months of only hordemode and years of horde favourism have lead to horde dominance in pve and pvp. So any mode that pits alliance and horde against each other is failing because of this.

1 Like

Sorry boys, but this is bullcrap - years of horde favourism - when was the human racial changed? In legion? Before that, all PvPers went alliance for that extra trinket (since wrath).
PvEers turn warmode off? Where is the PvP when you are alone against a whole raid? That is neither PvP for one side or the other.
Ye they should reward the faction with less people participating to encourage them- that would make sense. But auto rewarding alliance only (no matter the numbers) is just utter nonsense. And no - alliance is dominating like crazy at the moment in wm (as I mentioned - a single horde group in group finder).

5 Likes

PvP = player versus player… or player versus players, or players versus player, or players versus players. There is nothing about numbers that makes it not pvp.

Aimed at complainers who willingly get ganked then complain…

Players that don’t like being ganked haves choices. For example, like to play wm solo? Be more careful when approaching the standard hot spots. How many times have I seen a solo player blindly run in, stop, watch their pals being killed, then run too late, then prob complain about ganking. Or flying into a regular fp hotspot, knowing a gank squad is probably there, then complaining. Complaining about ganking, but being the one that makes it possible through bad strat. The complainers seem to be oblivious that they are ALWAYS a target.

Although this is explained a trillion times let’s go again…

The buff (and the 25 kills quest) is given to the outnumbered faction as an incentive for said faction to enable WM. Last week the % buff went from 30% to 20%, this week is even lower (15%) and the 25 kill quest is no more because it pops only when the exp buff is above 20%.

That means that the numbers of both factions are reaching some balance and the extra % is not needed any more. Soooo that means that the extra reward incentive worked perfectly and now there is no more reason for it.

If faction imbalance becomes huge again, the buff and the 25kill quest will come back.

Now why there is such imbalance between factions is a whole other topic. WM issues are just a side effect of that imbalance.

6 Likes

And i got a 420 and a 415 from M+3 your point being with being unfair is? Horde still won the race for world first on a dominant scale as always, Limit even rerolled to take advantage of the extra piece and still lost to a fulltime Horde guild. Gearing has never been easier and i dinged a brand new toon reaching 120 a week ago, with /played 1 day as 120 it’s ilvl is now 395 so it’s not like it’s nearly as big of a deal as people want it to be, the intent was to encourage Alliance players to do WM as it’s hard to scale and satisfy everyone on a PVP standard when you got 400,000 vs 30,000 to keep things balanced and fun/populated for everyone.

4 Likes

Because by massively buffing the faction people enjoy the least to play, there is a chance that people will pay money for faction transfers (which ofc goes to Blizzard) and there you have the answer. Blizzard wants to make as much money before the game is in complete ruins. It’s just sad how Blizzard are the ones who put it in ruins but they’re too blinded by greed to see and understand that.

A good way to see a game is crumbling into ruins is by watching the playerbase decrease rapidly. Another way is to watch as the game’s own devs is promoting rulebreaking without punishment. It’s sad they can’t get into legal trouble for scamming their playerbase and introducing pay-to-win mechanics in a pay-to-play game.

Oh and another tiny reason is because Alliance are useless at pvp so they “deserve” more rewards together with free gear to even have the slightest of chances winning against horde in both pvp and pve. But we all know you can’t be good at pve or pvp if you have good gear and high neck lvl, experience is a big part of it as well. Troubling that alliance and devs don’t know that.

What’s fun though is that the devs recognized how bad Alliance players are at this game since they had to give them such a huge buff.

WPvP is in a good place right now, the outnumbered bonus and kill quest have made an improvement to WM. Less Horde non wpvpers in wm, means more likely to have evenish numbers of wpvpers per faction on any one wm shard. Early days, but I am more likely to encounter Horde wpvpers now. Still too many Horde non wpvpers though, they need more killing.

So far so good. It’s all working as intended. The extra gear item doesn’t really matter to me. Not as if it’s difficult to get gear in bfa. Got a 405 trinket from a wq for the scrapper the day after the 400 kq item. But that kq 400 item was the key for this success in wm rebalancing, it caused a spike in alliance wmers, resulting in fast balance change. Then a 385 item for slightly slower change, then no item for more gentle change.

Hopefully it will reach 10%, but maybe stay at 15%. If another pass at 20% is required, so be it. That could be what it takes for Horde non wpvpers to get the msg.

2 Likes

/sigh. This again.

3 Likes

yes cause its not like our faction isnt being ruined so the other side can have their golden boy and feel so moraly superior.

2 Likes

How can you even believe this?

1. Screw the warmode % increase. Alliance is getting free 385 gear each week (let’s not forget the first week where you got 400 which is complete BS). How is this even remotely fair and logical? I’ve turned off warmode on my characters with an exception on my main. I rarely see a single alliance player in the open world unless there’s an invasion going on or if I fly to the neutral flight points in Vol’Dun or Kul Tiras where there is an alliance ganking squad camping the FP cuz they are doing the weekly 385 gear quest.
  2. Blizzard had to implement guards at the neutral FPs because alliance camped it so hard for their weekly quest. How does that put warmode in a good place?

Each and every week, Alliance has a chance the get a 385 azerite piece which they can scrap for free residuum if it’s not an upgrade. That is not fair. Each and every week, the majority of alliance players (my guess is 90-95%) only turn on warmode during invasions and to do the weekly quest. Then they turn it off again and do their usual business with warmode OFF.

Can you see the bigger picture yet? The buff hasn’t solved anything. In fact, it’s made everything WORSE. Sure a few more alliance players turned on warmode permanently but you still have the NON PVP ALLIANCE PLAYERS who LITERALLY ONLY TURN ON WARMODE WHEN THERE IS AN INVASION OR TO DO THEIR WEEKLY QUEST BEFORE TURNING IT OFF AGAIN!

Honestly there’s something wrong with you if you keep on arguing “oh but Blizzard buffed warmode for alliance to remove the PVE HORDE PLAYERS. OH WAIT! With this buff and hugely unfair weekly quest, PVE ALLIANCE PLAYERS will flood warmode and then turn it off again! HAH SCREW PVE HORDE PLAYERS, ALLIANCE FOREVER!”.

The fact that warmode is an option is a big flaw. All these really bad casual alliance players are now turning on warmode to camp a FP for their weekly quest and then they turn warmode off so they never have to worry about being “unfairly ganked” in the open world. Everything is A-o- f.ing-key if things work according to YOUR terms where you are 10 alliance players camping a FP and killing horde players individually 10v1 but as soon as it’s NOT in YOUR terms (10v1 camp a FP like a little B.) it’s suddenly “unfair”.

It sure is fun arguing with players who refuse to see the bigger picture but it gets hella annoying when you keep coming with the same argument again and again and again and again. “Oh but everything is okey and balanced because Alliance is getting an unfair advantage that I refuse to see because I’m selfish” Bring something new to the discussion.

2 Likes

There is no weekly 25 kill quest now, it was only there when Alliance were more outnumbered - to trigger sudden faction player type rebalance. Now that it’s gone I still see plenty Alliance in wm, will depend on shard.

This is wpvp, ganking groups, it’s all part of it, always has been. Some will like it, some won’t. Some players like to do certain things, like invasions, then wm off… why not? That’s why there’s a toggle. I prefer to leave it on, others on and off… this is wm, different things to different players. As long as when wm on, they are killing enemy players, that is what matters.

As someone who wpvps a lot, I can see the difference for the better at 15% bonus. More horde wpvpers in shards. In fact, now it’s more challenging, I better get better. Still too many non wpvpers, on both sides, but more on Horde.

Just did a good test at Stormsong turtle fp, nice battles between evenish at times opponent numbers. Guards did a great job of naturally dissuading fp direct camping, opponents were often in the surounding area, great fights. Clearly both sides were motivated for wpvp. Yes… I’d say a nice improvement to wpvp, keep up good work blizz.

Gotta get us down to 10%, keep hammering the fps alliance! :slight_smile:

life is not fair

2 Likes

Grats. It only took a month of free loot and forcing alliance to turn on warmode until horde began turning it off. Can’t wait for the alliance to get the quest again in 1-2 weeks because they all turned it off now that the quest is gone.

And this was the “issue” during launch. Not every alliance player enjoyed it so they turned it off which is where the problem began. Blizzard decided to force players to turn on warmode for a piece of free gear instead of just buffing the % reward.

Well that was the reason most alliance players turned it off which then left horde with no one to pvp against.

Ofc there are “too many non wpvpers on horde” when there are no alliance to fight. You only get to fight alliance during invasions.

How can you even call yourself a wpvper when you sit and camp FPs and want more alliance to camp the FPs? Grats since alliance camping FPs and actually getting rewarded for doing it is a major reason to why many horde players turned it off but plz don’t call yourself a wpvper if you sit and camp FPs

When a one-sided faction quest caused so much chaos that the other faction turned off pvp mode and blizzard had to implement stronger guards at FPs cuz they were being camped too hard, you know you f-ed up real bad.

Let’s just hope you never get access to the quest again since no one deserves free loot for breaking the rules and camping FPs.

Oh really now?..

1 Like

Time wil tell, fun to see if bonus % changes. I suspect will stay at 15% like us realms. Good wpvp these days, what it’s all about. There are no rules in wpvp, anything goes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good grief, can we have Alliance back please? Coming from a dead-empty assault in Nazmir :c

If the buff goes back up to the point they get the quest again, then the quest failed to draw more people into WM as all it did was draw people to do the quest rather than properly engage in WM, infact it will have done worse than that as becouse of alliance gank raids it will have turned people that previusly enjoyed WM off.

2 Likes