Don't get rid of Tor'ghast

I thought Blizzard was finally innovating with visions and Tor’ghast by giving solo players challenging content. Tor’ghast was the greatest innovation for solo players in wow’s history, but it was only a few loud complainers on the forum who convinced Blizzard it was unpopular. So DF has no challenging content for solo players because of them? It may have had flaws, but getting rid of Tor’ghast or something similar altogether is like throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

7 Likes

We haven’t seen everything Dragonflight has to offer yet, it’s not even in beta quite yet, give it time. :smiley:

Though I agree if they don’t innovate on torghast it’ll be a damn shame, the main issue with it was it was tied to player power, if we got a dragon themed version that was just a challenge tower I think people would love it.

1 Like

remove torghast and never make anything like it again.

24 Likes

Visions were great torghast was alright if they can add some cool solo content that would be awesome. Even id i do focus on m+ and raiding

1 Like

Burn that hellhole from WoW coding and forget it ever happened

3 Likes

They should have made it so Torghast is a source of gearing. Loot pieces could have looked like the leggo base items and scale up to Normal raid gear.

Otherwise, I really loved Torghast, it was difficult at first, but throughout the expansion it was fun to clear its wings. Can use some other improvements, but I believe it really was a success.

5 Likes

called it since beta

4 Likes

i like thorgast tho… if it didn’t force people to do it for player power it would’ve been good. with the upgrades from start too.

1 Like

this. torgahst isnt so bad but is depressing and… useless. with a gearing mode could be optional and useful.

1 Like

Try doing them as a healer main with poor dps gear. Visions at launch were an absolute nightmare, especially the limited attempts per week and how no adjustments were made for player roles. That little gem resulted in dps mains feeling burdened by healers and not wanting to party up, which in turn left many players behind the curve.

And of course making it important/mandatory for power progression resulted in players who didn’t enjoy them feeling compelled to do them anyway.

The current iteration of Torghast… I can cope with. Because I haven’t touched it since season 2, because it doesn’t do anything I need. And that is absolutely perfect. You can have all the challenging solo content you want, but don’t tell me I have to do it to in order to gear up for group content!

1 Like

They shouldn’t scrap the idea. It’s almost there. Make a tower with 100 floors and unlock teleports every 10 floors. You keep climbing and unlocking more and more powers till you reach godlike levels close to the end. The depressing visuals didn’t help torghast either so something more cheerful would help too.

Depressing is the word I’ll always relate to Torghast and the Maw and the fact we played it during corona times and lockdowns made it even worse, it was the last place you’d wanna be confined to.

2 Likes

I was rhinkin that during the covid years we had lands infested by nightmare and the maw/torghast. Probably this is why ppl didint like this kind of content.
But in truth in the past we had the terrible terribile argus and ppl didnt like either.
But loved drustvar and nazmir.
Weird.

op is too optimistic must be a troll thread

1 Like

a Few loud complainers you say? Lol

SL. Dropping something ridiculous like over 80% of its playerbase before 9.2 is a few loud complainers to you lmfao, jeez hate to know what a riot is in your eyes.

No. Almost everyone hated Torghast.

1 Like

I mean there’s more to that for sure, but I always thought the timing for this expansion couldn’t be worse (not Blizzard’s fault though obvs.)

The rest, the bad and plentiful systems, is totally on them though.

I didn’t play during Argus, but I really liked Drustvar, it had some nice storyline, music and it was just really well done imo. Nazmir… I didn’t spend that much time there, it wasn’t the most interesting zone to me except for Bwonsamdi being located there :black_heart:

You’ll be in a very small club with that opinion.

1 Like

I don’t think people complaining on forums that Blizzard developers don’t read convinced them that Torghast was unpopular. It was probably the participation dropping off a cliff once people made it through the mandatory, time-gated grind that they turned Torghast into.

As for Torghast being challenging, I never really found the early version to be so. Enemies just gradually turned into damage sponges unless you got lucky with powers and then it became a cakewalk. Eventually I would run into a wall where auto-attacks would hit me for more than my health bar. As I was playing a monk at the time there was little that I could do to avoid death with skillful play.

Although Torghast is better now, with all wings being open and the knowledge giving bonuses, I am still disappointed in how it has turned out. Discovering that there are caps on many powers really limits the potential for wackiness. As much as I like a challenge it can be fun to occasionally get some god-tier powers that turn you into One Punch Man. Torghast only really gives me that experience in content where I am already a god. :cry:

Post in English, and English only

Moderators need to be able to read everything you write to make sure it’s not unsuitable for the forums. If we can’t, we have to assume the worst and consider the post a breach of the forum guidelines. Posts not in English are subject to deletion.
Note: an extra version in English is not good enough, as a moderator can’t verify that the non-English text is the same as the English one.